New Questions

bagpuss19

I'm new hello!
I started class on tues and really hope to do well this week Even though I have the cold I am still being good!

I am hungry though but I think it's psychological. I tend to 'treat' myself under all emotional conditions happy sad depressed mad etc. So I'm missing my sweet treats.

I had a baby 17months ago and just can't seem to get back to my slim size 10 although to be honest with myself I was a bit over the size 10 when I concieved. I think this last stone and a bit has just been a build up of holiday weight successively and I didn't get rid of it each time!

My big question is this.. anyone else look at their instructor and think they are not the best example? I don't expect her to be anorexic but I'm slimmer than her at the moment and she really is quite flabby. I don't mean to be rude but I just expected to find a slim fit person.

Also does anyone else find the exercise class a bit tame and repetative? We did salsacise last week and just kept doing the same thing over and over.

Last thing anyone else done this with not a huge amount to lose (stone and a bit) that can tell me how long it took them. I suspect I might not get the amazing weight losses someone with more weigh to lose might achieve?

Fingers crossed for this tues weigh in!!

Oh my word!! This is just like my experience!! I joined a class last year and the instructor was quite big too, she used to tell us where she had eaten out and would refuse to get on the scales ever! I thought she was a crap role model and didn't inspire me at all!!

The exercise was the same every week and the music was boring and she used the same cd every time. I knew I was bored when I knew exactly what song was coming and what routines we would be doing. It got a bit soul destroying to be honest!!

Don't get me wrong I love the diet and exercise in class it was just a bad choice of instructor. I lost about 1st 5lbs before I packed it in and that took me about 8/9 weeks. In my first 2 weeks I lost 5lbs and then tended to have a steady 2lbs loss from there on in.

I've started again on my own using all the old books and I go to the gym and do classes there so don't think I'll bother going to a class again. I have a set weigh in day at home and the money I save goes towards the food so it's all good.

I didn't expect an anorexic either but I wanted to look at my instructor and aspire to be like them in some way.

Where are u from by the way?? Be funny if we were talking about same class!! Lol!!

Xxx

Oh and hello!! Welcome !! You should enjoy it on here, plenty of experienced people going through the same hard journey! Xx

I'm from Dalkeith. You?

I have done the book before and did well but this time round have a baby to affect my willpower so thought the class might push me to be good. We shall see how it goes. I have paid 4 weeks up front so I will do that much at least.
I did callanetics at the beginning of this year and the teacher there really was inspiring I wanted her body. But I gave that up as I kept missing classes due to illness and to be honest having a wee one means by evening I'm knackered!
Well done on your losses so far that's great you look pretty slim from your pic
x

Back