New road, same destination. 54lb gone, 56lb to go!! Sarah is on the CD highway :)

Aw hunnie, big hugs!! I know it is sooooo hard!! Maybe you would be better to try 810?? If I struggle, thats my back up plan!! So far this week iv been ok, I find it hard but im just managing hour by hour, day by day lol There is a girl at my sons nursery who i have watched melt away these last 5 months, very inspirational as she did it with CD, and looks like a totally different person. She some times had a low carb meal when it was tough. So id rather do that than give up. You see hunnie, there are options!! Dont feel that you only have 'do' or 'dont'. Im sure you will get there, as will I, even if we take a different route!

How has your first day back been? x

It was awful!! I'm having a tough time sorting a mortgage out, they are messing us around quite a bit, and generally just feeling down in the dumps :( so I hide behind food. I don't want to fail and if I go back up to 810 ill feel like I'm failing. My mum has just quit smoking after 30 years so if she can do that im sure I can do this!! I'm going to see my CDC tomorrow and ill tell her everything, see what she says. How are you doing?? xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Victoria , don't think your fsiling if you go up to 810, if it means your more likely to stay on plan especially at such a stressful time , its better than blowing it ! You can always go back down when your ready! And you still see a loss on the scales !!

It was awful!! I'm having a tough time sorting a mortgage out, they are messing us around quite a bit, and generally just feeling down in the dumps :( so I hide behind food. I don't want to fail and if I go back up to 810 ill feel like I'm failing. My mum has just quit smoking after 30 years so if she can do that im sure I can do this!! I'm going to see my CDC tomorrow and ill tell her everything, see what she says. How are you doing?? xx

Hey hun,

Yes I totally agree with Julie, its not failing at all!! Its just doing a different plan to what you intended, and will still help you towards your goal. Im sorry to hear your feeling down and stressed with your mortgage :( Things like that are always hard and sent to test you. You can do this!!! You are doing this!! :) Just take it a step at a time hunnie and we will all do it together!!!

Well done to your mum!! I used to smoke so I know how hard it is to give up. Im doing this diet plan with the same mind as I quit smoking about 10 years ago. I had to give up as I wanted IVF treatment..... Every time I went to reach for a smoke id ask myself 'what do you want more? A baby or that smoke?' and thats how I did it. So now I ask myself 'What do you want more, that food or to be slim?' To be slim works every time!! Just deal with it one step at a time and each time you do this, it builds your self esteem and will power and you start to realise that you can do it!! Its an amazing feeling to realise you are beating it!! Give it a try, if you really want it, ul get there!!! :)

For me, Im in a really good routine now with my shakes. I have a shake at 9am and 12 lunch time, another at 3pm and a bar at 6pm then I use the water flavourings if I struggle, as well as making some ice lollies with the fruity flavourings. Its starting to become habit for me now. Maybe you could try the same if you havent already?? Structure and routine will definately help you im sure!! My danger time is evenings, so I have a nice bubble bath, and go and watch tv in bed. That way im settled and away from the kitchen!! lol

How is your day going today?? xx

Hey hun,

Yes I totally agree with Julie, its not failing at all!! Its just doing a different plan to what you intended, and will still help you towards your goal. Im sorry to hear your feeling down and stressed with your mortgage :( Things like that are always hard and sent to test you. You can do this!!! You are doing this!! :) Just take it a step at a time hunnie and we will all do it together!!!

Well done to your mum!! I used to smoke so I know how hard it is to give up. Im doing this diet plan with the same mind as I quit smoking about 10 years ago. I had to give up as I wanted IVF treatment..... Every time I went to reach for a smoke id ask myself 'what do you want more? A baby or that smoke?' and thats how I did it. So now I ask myself 'What do you want more, that food or to be slim?' To be slim works every time!! Just deal with it one step at a time and each time you do this, it builds your self esteem and will power and you start to realise that you can do it!! Its an amazing feeling to realise you are beating it!! Give it a try, if you really want it, ul get there!!! :)

For me, Im in a really good routine now with my shakes. I have a shake at 9am and 12 lunch time, another at 3pm and a bar at 6pm then I use the water flavourings if I struggle, as well as making some ice lollies with the fruity flavourings. Its starting to become habit for me now. Maybe you could try the same if you havent already?? Structure and routine will definately help you im sure!! My danger time is evenings, so I have a nice bubble bath, and go and watch tv in bed. That way im settled and away from the kitchen!! lol

How is your day going today?? xx

Thanks for the support hun :). Yeah I am so proud of my mum! Bless her! My stepdad and sister have quit now too because she has. So proud of them.
I think you're right about structure. I have very little structure to my eating/drinking, perhaps I should do that. The ice lollies are a brill idea too, never thought of doing that. I'll get some of the water flavourings when I go tomorrow, didn't get chance to see my CDC today, going in the morning.
I'm finding it hard getting back in to it. I always do. Then once I'm in the zone I'm ok!! That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
One day at a time :)
How have you been the last few days? Have you had a weigh in yet? xx

Thanks for the support hun :). Yeah I am so proud of my mum! Bless her! My stepdad and sister have quit now too because she has. So proud of them.
I think you're right about structure. I have very little structure to my eating/drinking, perhaps I should do that. The ice lollies are a brill idea too, never thought of doing that. I'll get some of the water flavourings when I go tomorrow, didn't get chance to see my CDC today, going in the morning.
I'm finding it hard getting back in to it. I always do. Then once I'm in the zone I'm ok!! That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
One day at a time :)
How have you been the last few days? Have you had a weigh in yet? xx

Evening :) Aw your very welcome, I just hope my ramblings help lol

Iv got my next weigh in on Monday night. Iv been doing SS+ so shakes with a 200 cal meal or some skimmed milk which has helped me to stay with it this week, its been really hard today!! But ideally id like to do it just on shakes if i can, i dont think il lose as much having a meal or milk as thats what i was doing last week :(

Good luck for your weigh in tmrw!! Are you excited? xx

Evening :) Aw your very welcome, I just hope my ramblings help lol

Iv got my next weigh in on Monday night. Iv been doing SS+ so shakes with a 200 cal meal or some skimmed milk which has helped me to stay with it this week, its been really hard today!! But ideally id like to do it just on shakes if i can, i dont think il lose as much having a meal or milk as thats what i was doing last week :(

Good luck for your weigh in tmrw!! Are you excited? xx

They do hun :) keep them coming! I need as much support as I can get!
Just do whatever it takes to stay on track, if you need a glass of milk/cup of tea or a piece of chicken one day then do it! It's not cheating. This is what in going to do now. Been to see my CDC today, had a good chat. I didn't want to get weighed as I thought it might upset me! I really didn't want to go back up to 810 so I'm staying on SS and on the days I'm struggling ill do SS+. I've bought some water flavourings and been out today and got ice lolly moulds! I think they'll help as I love ice lollys anyway and it will be something different to nibble on. Not having a weigh in until a week on Monday so Ive got 9 days to get myself back in the zone before weigh in! I really want to stay on track this time.
Hope you're having a good day xx

They do hun :) keep them coming! I need as much support as I can get!
Just do whatever it takes to stay on track, if you need a glass of milk/cup of tea or a piece of chicken one day then do it! It's not cheating. This is what in going to do now. Been to see my CDC today, had a good chat. I didn't want to get weighed as I thought it might upset me! I really didn't want to go back up to 810 so I'm staying on SS and on the days I'm struggling ill do SS+. I've bought some water flavourings and been out today and got ice lolly moulds! I think they'll help as I love ice lollys anyway and it will be something different to nibble on. Not having a weigh in until a week on Monday so Ive got 9 days to get myself back in the zone before weigh in! I really want to stay on track this time.
Hope you're having a good day xx

Hi ....Day 14 for me :)

Yeah i too bough some new ice lolly moulds, just had one and was so nice, especially on this glorious day :) Im going to have a nice cod fillet with green veg today as i am really wanting that so been looking forward to it all day!! Iv had to fight so hard not to eat the wrong things these last few days but so far iv managed to not cave in :) Iv had every conversation with myself from changing plans to coming off it completely to continuing, and obviously im continuing at the moment but if I have a bad weigh in tmrw I will ask myself it its all worth it!! I think my medication is really making me struggle as im not staying in ketosis, im in and out of it, and my only thought is the tablets i take?? They make me retain water and gain weight as it is!! Hence why i started CD in the first place! So il have a chat with CDC tmrw. I dont want to come off it but it may be worth looking at a higher cal plan if im not staying in ketosis anyway!! But im not sure if il lose weight on say the 1000 cal plan or if it will put me into that starvation mode!! My CDC will be able to guide me.

I did notice today that my belt is on the next hole so I must be doing something right!! :)

Im sure in 9 days time ul be off to a flying loss!! Its surprising how fast that will come round too!

I hope your enjoying the lovely weather and having a great day :) xx

Hi ....Day 14 for me :)

Yeah i too bough some new ice lolly moulds, just had one and was so nice, especially on this glorious day :) Im going to have a nice cod fillet with green veg today as i am really wanting that so been looking forward to it all day!! Iv had to fight so hard not to eat the wrong things these last few days but so far iv managed to not cave in :) Iv had every conversation with myself from changing plans to coming off it completely to continuing, and obviously im continuing at the moment but if I have a bad weigh in tmrw I will ask myself it its all worth it!! I think my medication is really making me struggle as im not staying in ketosis, im in and out of it, and my only thought is the tablets i take?? They make me retain water and gain weight as it is!! Hence why i started CD in the first place! So il have a chat with CDC tmrw. I dont want to come off it but it may be worth looking at a higher cal plan if im not staying in ketosis anyway!! But im not sure if il lose weight on say the 1000 cal plan or if it will put me into that starvation mode!! My CDC will be able to guide me.

I did notice today that my belt is on the next hole so I must be doing something right!! :)

Im sure in 9 days time ul be off to a flying loss!! Its surprising how fast that will come round too!

I hope your enjoying the lovely weather and having a great day :) xx

I bought the summer berry flavouring yesterday and some ice lolly moulds, just had one myself and I think I need to put more in next time as I really had to suck hard (oo-er!) to taste it! I've tried it in my water though and it's lovely. It's making drinking 3ltrs a little easier.
Glorious day?! Where are you from? It's been raining here on and off and is very windy. I wanted to go for a walk today but didn't want to take my 5 month old out in it. Glad you've got nice weather though :).
Hmm if you're not really staying in ketosis anyway, maybe another plan would be best? 810 perhaps? Like you said though I'm sure your CDC will be able to advise you either way. It's good you're noticing a loss though, whatever you're doing just be working :D. I'm going to try my hardest to stick to SS until next weigh in and only use SS+ if I absolutely have too!! Really want to notice a loss soon as I can't see it coming off anywhere (but then I have cheated for a week so can't expect any different!!).
Enjoy your cod and green veg that sounds delicious :) xx

I bought the summer berry flavouring yesterday and some ice lolly moulds, just had one myself and I think I need to put more in next time as I really had to suck hard (oo-er!) to taste it! I've tried it in my water though and it's lovely. It's making drinking 3ltrs a little easier.
Glorious day?! Where are you from? It's been raining here on and off and is very windy. I wanted to go for a walk today but didn't want to take my 5 month old out in it. Glad you've got nice weather though :).
Hmm if you're not really staying in ketosis anyway, maybe another plan would be best? 810 perhaps? Like you said though I'm sure your CDC will be able to advise you either way. It's good you're noticing a loss though, whatever you're doing just be working :D. I'm going to try my hardest to stick to SS until next weigh in and only use SS+ if I absolutely have too!! Really want to notice a loss soon as I can't see it coming off anywhere (but then I have cheated for a week so can't expect any different!!).
Enjoy your cod and green veg that sounds delicious :) xx

mmmm yeah it was soooo nice!! really enjoyed it. Its minimum carbs and calories and makes a change to a shake.

Yeah im seriously going to concider a different plan if my losses are so little on SS+ and im not staying in ketosis, through no fault of my own. But if I lose about 3lb or more tmrw il be over the moon and will stick with what im doing :) Any thing less than that and its just not worth all the effort of trying to stay in ketosis, cost ect. Id rather have that loss with a bit more food ya know lol. So either way, im still with it, just might be a different plan. Im certainly not going to give in, Iv got 4 stone to lose and its got to come off!!!

Yes the weather here in Essex has been lovely today, had to be careful of sunburn!!!! It was breezy at times but still a lovely day spent in the garden with my little boy who is almost 4 in June. So been a good day all in all :)

Just going to find something to watch on tv and relax with my savoury hot water flavouring drink :)

I feel a bit more positive now that iv a back up plan in place. Did you find that too?? xx

mmmm yeah it was soooo nice!! really enjoyed it. Its minimum carbs and calories and makes a change to a shake.

Yeah im seriously going to concider a different plan if my losses are so little on SS+ and im not staying in ketosis, through no fault of my own. But if I lose about 3lb or more tmrw il be over the moon and will stick with what im doing :) Any thing less than that and its just not worth all the effort of trying to stay in ketosis, cost ect. Id rather have that loss with a bit more food ya know lol. So either way, im still with it, just might be a different plan. Im certainly not going to give in, Iv got 4 stone to lose and its got to come off!!!

Yes the weather here in Essex has been lovely today, had to be careful of sunburn!!!! It was breezy at times but still a lovely day spent in the garden with my little boy who is almost 4 in June. So been a good day all in all :)

Just going to find something to watch on tv and relax with my savoury hot water flavouring drink :)

I feel a bit more positive now that iv a back up plan in place. Did you find that too?? xx

Slightly jealous of the food and the sun!! Not nice here in the midlands :(.
That's the spirit!! It's coming off one way or another as is my 5 stone 12lbs!! I agree though you can lose that much each week and not torture yourself by trying to stay in ketosis. Just have a good chat with your CDC - I'm sure she/he will know what to do. I reckon you'll of lost at least 3lbs though, you've done really well the last 2 weeks.
Yeah I am feeling much more positive :). Today I've had 3 shakes, 3ltrs of water and I've done my exercise DVD! Feeling it in my "abs" (or at least where my abs should be under my belly!). The plan has definitely helped as I know that if I'm struggling one day I can have some protein and it won't be cheating!
I'm just watching Big Daddy on channel 5, then I'll put my little man to bed and find something to watch for an hour before bed! Early night I think :) xx

82lbs to go!!

Slightly jealous of the food and the sun!! Not nice here in the midlands :(.
That's the spirit!! It's coming off one way or another as is my 5 stone 12lbs!! I agree though you can lose that much each week and not torture yourself by trying to stay in ketosis. Just have a good chat with your CDC - I'm sure she/he will know what to do. I reckon you'll of lost at least 3lbs though, you've done really well the last 2 weeks.
Yeah I am feeling much more positive :). Today I've had 3 shakes, 3ltrs of water and I've done my exercise DVD! Feeling it in my "abs" (or at least where my abs should be under my belly!). The plan has definitely helped as I know that if I'm struggling one day I can have some protein and it won't be cheating!
I'm just watching Big Daddy on channel 5, then I'll put my little man to bed and find something to watch for an hour before bed! Early night I think :) xx

82lbs to go!!

Aw i love that film!! One of my favourites!! Ul have that 82lb well into the 70's or even 60's by your next weigh in, how amazing does that sound!! I know you can do it, and its great to hear you so positive, good for you!!!

I feel quite positive too :) Got my weigh in at 630 so will have a good chat with her and fingers crossed iv dropped 3lb :) I should of!! Iv certainly worked hard enough. Im going to take all my meds with me and she can have a look and see if there is something in the ingredients thats playing about with me, as i didnt have this problem before and the meds are the only thing thats different, apart from age lol.

What DVD are you doing? I dont know how you manage it!! lol good for you though. I wouldnt mind going swimming now the kids are back to school and not filling the pool up lol.

Im back to work tmrw after my 2 and half weeks off. Im quite looking forward to it though :) Strange some would say lol

Hope your week has got off to a great start, il be back later with my weigh in update :) xx

Hi there Sarah

I just wanted to make a comment regarding your migraines. My son has had terrible migraines from mid-teen years (like yours hormone related.) He had auras, blinding headache and one side of his whole body would go numb - he used to get very scared.
The medicine the doctors gave him had many side effects.
A few years ago when I was studying for a diet and nutrition diploma, I was talking to my tutor and they suggested I give my son a daily dose of Vitamin B3 (Niacin) or a really good B multivitamin which contained Niacin until he was out of puberty. Apparently it is a peripheral vasodilator and can be used to treat migraine headaches by widening the blood vessels and relaxing the muscle within the cell wall (with no other side effects.) And it worked.

I hope this may have been some help to you...

Regards Samantha x x

Aw i love that film!! One of my favourites!! Ul have that 82lb well into the 70's or even 60's by your next weigh in, how amazing does that sound!! I know you can do it, and its great to hear you so positive, good for you!!!

I feel quite positive too :) Got my weigh in at 630 so will have a good chat with her and fingers crossed iv dropped 3lb :) I should of!! Iv certainly worked hard enough. Im going to take all my meds with me and she can have a look and see if there is something in the ingredients thats playing about with me, as i didnt have this problem before and the meds are the only thing thats different, apart from age lol.

What DVD are you doing? I dont know how you manage it!! lol good for you though. I wouldnt mind going swimming now the kids are back to school and not filling the pool up lol.

Im back to work tmrw after my 2 and half weeks off. Im quite looking forward to it though :) Strange some would say lol

Hope your week has got off to a great start, il be back later with my weigh in update :) xx

In the 60's would be amazing! 82lbs seems such a lot :( daunting sometimes.
Glad you're feeling so positive too :D so how was weigh in?!? Don't keep me waiting!! Hehe. I've just had to walk out the room and come and lie on the bed as my other half is eating jerk chicken and chips :( I want some so bad!!
What has she said about your meds? Made any suggestions about switching plans?
I'm doing the 30 day shred, it's brill. Only a 20min workout but really gets you working. My legs and stomach are sore! Haven't exercised in years, how bad is that?! I love swimming, I might start going myself. It's just finding the time with a baby. I'll have a look tonight if anywhere round here does women's night time sessions, I could go when the bf is home from work early.
Very strange!! Hehe. You must like your work. I do not like mine in the slightest so already dreading going back in July after mat leave :( xx

Hi,

Sorry I couldnt come online last night, we had a power cut :(

Well I had a nice long chat and come to the conclusion that CD is not the best plan for me which im really surprised at. I wont stay in ketosis prob due to the meds. She thinks calorie counting is my best option as to do the cd plans will be costly when i can get the same result with calorie counting as im not working through the plans so dont need to re-feed. Which made alot of sense how she explained it. So....i am going straight into calorie counting, again!! Im going to slowly introduce carbs back in over the week so I dont get bloated though. I will however keep popping by here and stay in touch with you to follow how your doing :) Well done for resisting the OH dinner!! Its so hard when someone has something you really like!!

Im going to go re do my stats and signature......and after all that, i didnt even get weighed, we totally forgot to do it after our chat!!! My scales said i lost 2lb but now im eating, il prob go back up a little so il see what i am next week lol xx

Hi,

Sorry I couldnt come online last night, we had a power cut :(

Well I had a nice long chat and come to the conclusion that CD is not the best plan for me which im really surprised at. I wont stay in ketosis prob due to the meds. She thinks calorie counting is my best option as to do the cd plans will be costly when i can get the same result with calorie counting as im not working through the plans so dont need to re-feed. Which made alot of sense how she explained it. So....i am going straight into calorie counting, again!! Im going to slowly introduce carbs back in over the week so I dont get bloated though. I will however keep popping by here and stay in touch with you to follow how your doing :) Well done for resisting the OH dinner!! Its so hard when someone has something you really like!!

Im going to go re do my stats and signature......and after all that, i didnt even get weighed, we totally forgot to do it after our chat!!! My scales said i lost 2lb but now im eating, il prob go back up a little so il see what i am next week lol xx

Hey aww that's ok. Oh no!! I'm surprised too :eek:. Don't some people just do 810 the while way through though and they still lose?? How do you feel about it? I suppose for the cost of it though if you can get the same loss and not starve yourself then it makes sense to calorie count. Does the medication affect your weight loss at all? have an under active thyroid that I take medication for and I some times wonder whether that makes my losses not as good as others?? Hmm.
Well make sure you keep in touch so I can see how you're doing still!! Hope you've had a good day xx

Yeah we did talk about doing 810 or 1000 plan but as iv not worked through the plans i can calorie count wih the same result, so thats what im doing. The first 2 days of having food was awful!! I got so bloated and was in so much pain that i thought something was wrong!! But im ok now. Just eating sensible. I cant really go shopping until I get paid so just using up what I have at home at moment. I dont buy rubbish anyway so its not too bad, got plenty of healthy food here :) I went and bought a new calorie counting book and GI/GL book yesterday to help me so iv been reading through those last night.

How are you getting on?? xx

Hey, how are you? How's the diet going? I haven't been on in a few days. Had a big think this week about staying on CD or not and finally decided to come of it for a while. I just can't afford to keep paying for it and not sticking to it. I'm on maternity leave at the moment and I'm alone most of the day with my son and I just can't seem to stick to SS. I've talked to my CD and she thinks its a good idea too. In going to calorie count until I'm back at work in July and if I'm not losing as much as I'd like by then, then ill go back to CD. Ill be better off then financially as I'll be working and won't be stuck in the house thinking about food!! I'm joining the gym today and I'll be doing that, swimming and my exercise DVD. Plus my CDC has said I'm welcome to go for a run with her or even long walks with the babies as her daughter is the same age as my son. So, you're an expert at this calorie counting thing so I'm counting on you for support here too! Hehe. Am I right to be eating 1000-1200 cals a day?? I need to work out a 7 day plan today and go shopping. I've never calorie counted before lol!! Is there a forum on here for that? Hope you're ok :) xx

Hey,

Sorry iv not been online for about a week!! vIv been really poorly with migraines :( Worst episode iv had in months!!! Im actually really pleased for you to be doing calorie counting too!! You have to do what is right for you hunnie, and I know for me CCing seems to be :) I feel less anxious doing it!! Iv managed to do my 1500 cals a day as planned but not the 500 cal burn a dasy due to the migraines. I have been active where I can be but its been a really tough week :( I havent even been able to get weighed yet!! Im quite excited for it tho!! I went and bought the collins little calorie count book last week from whsmiths for 4.99 which has been great and fits into my bag so can take it everywhere, i highly recommend that or one simular. Calories are on everything so you always know what you are having with very little effort as not much calculating is needed. How are you getting on with CCing? There is a forum for that too, of course im already there, it would be lovely if you can join us if you havent already?? Im going to pop back online later and have a proper catch up :) Hope your having a great day xx

Hey,

Sorry iv not been online for about a week!! vIv been really poorly with migraines :( Worst episode iv had in months!!! Im actually really pleased for you to be doing calorie counting too!! You have to do what is right for you hunnie, and I know for me CCing seems to be :) I feel less anxious doing it!! Iv managed to do my 1500 cals a day as planned but not the 500 cal burn a dasy due to the migraines. I have been active where I can be but its been a really tough week :( I havent even been able to get weighed yet!! Im quite excited for it tho!! I went and bought the collins little calorie count book last week from whsmiths for 4.99 which has been great and fits into my bag so can take it everywhere, i highly recommend that or one simular. Calories are on everything so you always know what you are having with very little effort as not much calculating is needed. How are you getting on with CCing? There is a forum for that too, of course im already there, it would be lovely if you can join us if you havent already?? Im going to pop back online later and have a proper catch up :) Hope your having a great day xx

Hey!! Aww sorry you haven't been well :(. How are you feeling now? Any better? Hope you are. I got your pm thank you :) i'll message you back there too.
Aagghhh I've had a horrid week :( I was so up for calorie counting because of all those reasons I said that CD wasn't working. But I've realised I just can't :(. Give me an inch I take a mile where food is concerned! I'm going to meet my CDC later on to give it another go. I just need to be stricter with myself because I really do want this. I've got so many good reasons to lose weight and no good reasons to stay the way I am, so why do I keep eating!!
Have you had a weigh in yet? Are you going somewhere to be weighed or doing it at home? I'm getting rid of my scales so I can just be weighed once a week, I like the surprise!

Xxx

81lbs to go!!

Back