'New rule' regarding syns

JemmaBe

Silver Member
Last week, my consultant said to us that she had been told by head office that the new rule was that anyone under 11 stone should have a maximum of 10 syns a day, not 15.
I was slightly shocked by this, and I cannot find anything written about this new rule...

What do you think? Has anyone else been told about this?

I don't know what to do :cry:

Never heard of this, as far as i was aware regardless of weight you could have up to 15 syns

Well I think if anybody else had been told we would have heard about it on this forum and there hasn't been a peep. If you have been losing weight on 15 syns a day and are happy with your losses then I see no reason to change.

Maybe just your consultant being a tad overzealous and trying to get people to cut back on their syns

As far as I know our group has only been told to have 5-15 syns a day, and the C has never assigned differing amounts to differing weights/targets. So far.

Unless you see it printed on official SW documentation or on the website, then I would always take everything you hear with a pinch of salt (even from consultants).

If SW are changing the rules, they certainly haven't as yet, and I am quite sure if the rules do get changed, the website will be the first place to be updated.

If i'm not mistaken 5 syns only equates to 100cals per day, or 700 per week. This is hardly anything so I don't really think it would make much difference to your weight loss. It's a bit worrying that a consultant may be giving out advice that others are not, if that is the case.

Me & my mum were talking about syns earlier and she said that when she did sw years ago the total daily allowance was 10. I haven't heard anything about the rules changing back to that though x

When I did sw the very first time (around 2005) it was 10.

I tend to stick to 10 and then the other 5 are my 'safety net' should they be needed.

I always have 10 or under as my consultant says "you can have 10-15 but try and stay at ten for the best weight loss" - for once I had 16 yest and felt a bit naughty!

how random, but like britmum says if anything was definate then it would be on the sw website. thanks 4 letting us know what could be coming tho! lets get our thinking hats on to see how we would reduce our syns if we need to!! poopies! xxx

If Im honest I find it really hard to eat my syns. I normally use them for sauces, but have never been a big chocolate eater etc. I am naughty some weeks and have a few drinks on a Saturday night but its still within my allowance x

our c says if you try to stick around 10, the other 5 are a safety net for hidden/forgotten syns. but it is 5-15.

I always aim for 10 a day/70 a week anyway, so doesn't really bother me! That's what my consultant suggested when I joined.

Back