New scales!

xeilidhx

Gold Member
Looking for advice folks! I always weigh mid morning at work, using work scales. Moving department in two weeks so need to start over! Thinking I'll weigh at home first thing (never trusted own scales so bought new ones) and then at work at the usual time/ usual clothes and then see what the comparison is? I want to reach target on the work ones!!

I understand your dilemma... have you tried weighing yourself on your new scales? I've changed scales a few times since losing my weight and the new ones rarely give the same results (some are kinder, some less so!)...

By all means spot check once in a while on your work ones, but I think you'll soon find it more useful to check in first thing on your own (starkers, before you've eaten or drunk anything) :)

Well, just tried and used two sets at home. Never trusted one set (they made me 78.6) and a manual set (made me 76). I'll compare to work ones this week and next and c which gives a good comparison cause I expect to be heavier at work. But I'd like it to at least be comparable so I know I'll weigh x amount lighter at home etc. Otherwise I won't know my target!

According to work scales I've sts. First time :( upset is an understatement, I've come off q run of 3 pp as I had to swap days to have veg tonight. Not impressed!

Oh dear, know how you feel, I was pretty devastated to be fair when it happened to me and I seriously wobbled for a couple of days before reality kicked in and I realised it's not a race and despite staying the same I felt thinner and better and the next week I lost 4lb! SOOOOO stay strong and don't worry - stick with it and next week you'll see! x

Definitely agree with Trudy, please try not to get too dispirited. Is it the time in your cycle when you retain water? Have you had more salt than usual? There's lots of reasons so try to keep your chin up and I'll keep my fingers crossed you see a nice drop next week :)

trudyc said:
Oh dear, know how you feel, I was pretty devastated to be fair when it happened to me and I seriously wobbled for a couple of days before reality kicked in and I realised it's not a race and despite staying the same I felt thinner and better and the next week I lost 4lb! SOOOOO stay strong and don't worry - stick with it and next week you'll see! x

Doesn't help that we're going for curry tonight :( waaaaaah xx

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Definitely agree with Trudy, please try not to get too dispirited. Is it the time in your cycle when you retain water? Have you had more salt than usual? There's lots of reasons so try to keep your chin up and I'll keep my fingers crossed you see a nice drop next week :)

It's bad but I have no idea if I'd be retaining water. Let's just hope yes and I'll weigh next week again (Tuesday probably!)

Maybe it's because you switched up the rhythm? I might be the only one, but frequently, I gain before I drop. I'm on a 5:5 rotation, so it's expected. But, I found it to be true, and later read reason for it, that switching things up causes the body to switch things up too. And, as long as the switch up is in the direction for weight loss, that's what will happen.

Wish I could find the article. It made it so clear how efficient our bodies become at metabolizing foods, balancing out. And, when switch ups are made, our bodies change metabolism rates. Of course if you think about life without retrieves and ups and downs in food supply.

Anyway, that's what I tell myself when I gain. It's just part of the fall.

Thanks for the advice guys. At least it was STS ( which my phone keeps wanting to change to STD, WTF?!) rather than gain! Onwards and downwards...3 cm off waist this week anyway, 1 off tummy 2 off bum and 2 off each thigh so I'm doing something right! X

im gonna have to get new scales this week as my dearest son tripped over mines and has broke them :( just what i need

Ive had mine at least 7 years now im surprised the battery still works! At least the glass hasnt cracked under pressure lol

Ive been convinced for years theyre broken!!!

well the set I don't like (cause they make me heavier) have died.....maybe that's good. Keeping them, cause they match the decor though....sad!

I got a new scale right befor starting Dukan. I always knew mine made me lighter. It was decades old and never gave the same weight twice. You could also deviate the weight by where you put your feet. That came in handy! The new one however, is accurate and i gained 3 pounds without eating a thing. The good thing is my TW was 3 pounds lighter.

I still find myself subtracting off those 3 pounds to know where I am, relative wise. And when I can try on old pants.

I can move my old ones round the bathroom until I agree...lost 7 kilos one morning. That's why i weighed at work, it was more accurate and i couldn't cheat!

Weighing in is a stressful enough time, I find, without dealing with the inaccurate scales! As soon as my scales start having issues, they're history (once I've changed the battery and found it wasn't that!) My latest WW ones are ok for carpet which is handy for my bedroom!

any recommendations for what set to get ??

hubby has been trying to fix mines and although they seem to be weighing at same weight the needle starts at the 3stone mark lol so i dont trust them now

I gt a nice set of salter ones. Manual ones. Cause my digi ones are all over the place. Unsure whether to do a midweek weigh again tomorrow or not since Friday was crap. Any thoughts? X

Argh scales :(

mine are doing my head in at the moment - they were £20+ electronic salter ones...and were always very well behaved.

Just recently though they alter my weight depending on where I put them on the kitchen floor, then they race from about 163-173 and back again while I'm stood on them like they can't make up their mind what I weigh :(...not good - I need the daily reassurance of loss or at least sts/minimal gain - it's what "helps" to keep me on the straight and narrow :(

don't wanna spend more money on scales though :( *sigh* x

Back