New Scales

caketalks

Mini-rant warning.

Old scales died, new scales needed, new scales used and I seem to be about 6lbs higher on these ones than the old ones! Rubbish motivation for my first week back on the diet after a rubbish Christmas/NYE and a stinking cold. Have a feeling that the new scales are more honest though as the old ones were getting to be a little "quirky" in their old age, which means I really, really fell off the wagon over the festive season :(

Deep breath and back on with the show as they say.

My sympathy with the scales issue! I never trusted battery scales until I bought my current set, and regularly compare them with the mechanical ones I was given 40 years ago [!] for hosting a Tupperware party [again !!], and they seem to match weight for weight. Plus of course the new ones are easier to read and give greater detail than the antique - and they look prettier..... :)

I have two sets and I also go on my mums scales sometimes.. mine are both digital, one claims to measure body fat too, and I am lighter on that than the plan digital ones, and about half a stone heavier on them than my mums old fashioned ones.
the digital ones are super sensitive, I check the floor is perfectly level before stepping on, and sometimes take a best of 3 readings as I can gain or lose 1lb or so doing this..which is odd.
also, I weigh first thing in the morning after a morning wee, before a drink of water as they are supper sensitive (oh and ofc weigh in the nude!)
dont worry too much, I know my scales are the harshest ever, no other scale has called me as fat! but at least I'll never get a shock elsewhere

Ohhh I think the antique ones look lovely, I would have one if I had the space but as my battery ones have to live on the kitchen floor to work (only non-carpeted floor in my flat) then then need to be able to moved a lot!

dont worry too much, I know my scales are the harshest ever, no other scale has called me as fat! but at least I'll never get a shock elsewhere

Ha ha ha, true, at least it cant get worse! I am hopeful that this week will undo all of the gains from Xmas and the dodgy scales. Fingers crossed :)

i need some with big numbers on. i stumble into the bathroom and have my tinkle, then jump on the scales and cant read them!!!!! i'm blind as a bat first thing in the morning!!!! luckily i give upand go climb back in bed....that way i cant be disappointed lol!!!

as long as you dont move them around and you weigh im sure it will measure the difference in weight from one week to another. quite a few scales differ from each other but they are just a guideline really.

i just step on mine once, and record lol wll i sneak peeks during the week of course hehehe

mine are from aldi, I got them a few years ago. fairly big display I think.. Ill get my dad to vouch for that as he's blind as a bat.
they look nice and sleek though, glossy black, like some kind of pc tablet heh.

there is the option to get weighed at a chemist too :]

Back