New Shake is LUSH!

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
I've just tried the crispy chocolate cereal shake and OMG!! It was like heaven in a shaker. I'm not even ashamed to say it was that nice I got a spoon to scrape my shaker out with so I didn't miss any! If I could eat that for every meal on this diet I so would.

ahhhhh i'm so jealous!! I've got my crispy chocolate sachet sat in the kitchen but there was no skimmed milk left in asda earlier or the corner shop on the way home :( so i can't try my porridge sample either. I'll have to wait till tomorrow :cry:

I'd been putting it off as I didn't have any skimmed milk and I'm wary of trying new things. SO gald I did though. Think I'll end up asking Rob to make that half my order next time I do one!

Might have to give that one a try! Didn't see it when I placed my order? So far have liked everything I have tried except the soups......not had the guts to try them out yet.

Last edited:
It's only come up in the last week or so.

Does it definitely need to be mixed with milk, or can you use water instead? What's the calorie count? I wasn't sent any instructions with my samples of these.

Crispy Chocolate and Crispy Vanilla Shakes

Empty content of one sachet into a shaker
Add 125ml of skimmed milk
Mix in shaker
Consume straight away

Crispy Chocolate: 161 calories
Crispy Vanilla: 166 calories

What's the story with milk? How much are we allowed?

I already eat the porridge with milk, hoping to be able to make it with water soon but for now it has to be milk if I introduce these lovelies that could mean two lots of milk a day.......or three, or four?? :)

Thanks! Gonna be a bit smaller than the normal shakes then. I usually add 500ml of water to mine to make them seem a bit more substantial :).

Not sure about the milk allowance. It seems strange to say that milk cannot be taken in tea and coffee but then to include a number of products that need to have milk added to them. It's the carbs that I would worry about with milk in terms of being kicked out of ketosis as milk is not Atkins friendly I think.

I know that All About W8 has a skimmed milk allowance of 0.5 pints per day so maybe that's a good guide? Personally I wouldn't have more than 1 milk product a day (or use it for tea/coffee instead). At weekends I 'save' the milk by making up the porridge with water and have the milk in a cup of coffee. I can drink black tea until the cows come home (or not ;)) but I can't drink black coffee and do enjoy the occasional cup. I have a skinny latte from our Dolce Gusto machine - 49 calories, 8g carbs. My little treat for the weekend :).

You are only allowed either porridge or a crispy shake each day, not allowed the skimmed milk twice in a day was talking to karen on live help last week. not tried it yet but looking forward to getting some. :)

They need to update their site to add the info about the new products etc. There's too much info out there now that is given to people who are doing a new order, or to individuals who ask questions. If it's important info it needs to be out there!

Honestly I don't know if you can just add water. That would have to be one for Rob I expect.

Hmmmmm must re-read instructions but I have been using water in everything???

Hmmmmm must re-read instructions but I have been using water in everything???

The majority of things are water. The only things they say you can use milk with are the porridge and the crispy shakes.

Phew....thanks!

Back