New Sport...Shooting down Ebay listings!

jane

Opinionated
Since Spooky ( many thanks spookey) posted a thread confirming that Cambridge have succeeded in their campaign to get Ebay to stop listing CD products, I have taken it upon myself to assist in the policing of same.

Some CD stuff gets in under the radar by vague listing details etc,

Anyway I'm proud to report that I've stopped quite a few sellers of shakes & tetras.
Now decided to widen my brief to include mix-a-mousse & drink flavourings. They may not be hazardous to health on their own, but are still a cambridge diet product, & will encourage people to try & buy other balck-market diet stuff to go with them.
PLUS: The prices would be hazardous to the pocket.

I've decided to leave Cambridge diet booklets alone. If someone wishes to buy one,read it in the comfort of his/her sitting room & then contact a CDC to do the diet in a safe & supervised way then I'm all for it.

anyone else been playing this new game ?

Not mine, might I add!

i think its wrong!! why dont they just take back to their cdc for a refund? do they allow this?

ebay are a******es anyway..... they just want the money

lol jane,
u know im all for this sport, making it a nice regular finger exercise each day. glad to see at least a few ppl have taken my advice and started reporting them :)
cherylxx

i think its wrong!! why dont they just take back to their cdc for a refund? do they allow this?

ABSOLUTELY. As long as they're in saleable condition & in date theres an open refund policy. I think there might be a 14day clause on the receipts but I don't worry about that eiher.

Hahaha!! Love it! What a fantastic sport!! AND one that is recommended on the SS programme!!!! :D

You're not wrong there!
It's also a sport you can play whilst getting into ketosis as it's not too energetic,but very very satisfying
lol jane,
u know im all for this sport, making it a nice regular finger exercise each day. glad to see at least a few ppl have taken my advice and started reporting them :)
cherylxx

Dear Cheryl, I owe you an apology.
It was you who first mentioned reporting the listed items....should have given you credit alongside spooks...sorry for the omission, & thanks for the tip!

lol jane,
no apology needed, u can make it up to me by saying my name 3 times whilst reporting another chronically overpriced dangerously sold cambridge item on ebay :) lol (turn around 3 times and i may also grant a wish) hehehe
cherylxx

Wilco cheryl. Or I could ask them a spurious Q before reporting them & sign it Best Wishes Cheryl.

Its great seeing the stuff disappear from the sight isn't it.

Now why hasn't LL managed to get the same agreement.
I'd be happy to police their stuff on ebay too.

i couldnt agree more jane.
when i reported the first one and it disappeared within 10 minutes i was pretty impressed.
a couple ive reported seem to have taken a little longer to be removed, ebay searching through the 'scotch tape' of the ones that dont directly mention 'cambridge' in the posts. But they do mention all the flavours so its not rocket science to work out what they are selling.
a few years ago a friend of mine bought 'frontline' flea treatment for her dog on ebay.
this has since been prohibited BUT her dog ended up at the vets as it developped bald spots down his back even though they regularly use the same flea treatment with no adverse reactions.
goes to show the dangers of ebay, who knows what was in that flea treatment.

This was posted on another forum

Just been sent the following from ebay;

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay.

Lighter Life and Cambridge products are now banned on eBay. MHRA has
requested that we stop allowing these bars, at the request of the
distributors of LighterLife and Cambridge, who state that the products
should only be sold to patients registered in a programme through a
trained counsellor.

We are in the process of removing these Lighter Life and Cambridge
products. With that being said, please note that our prohibited items
policies cover tens of thousands of products and auctions are listed
continuously. By the time we remove a prohibited item, a new prohibited
item is listed. Therefore, at any given time, you may see prohibited
items listed on eBay, but it does not mean they are allowed.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to
this email and let us know.

Kind regards,

Garth Butcher
eBay Trust & Safety

Orange Winter spice is a limited edition brought out at Christmas. You can still get it though.

I am sure this listing will be removed shortly.

Linda

I saw them too Sez but couldn't work out how to report....:eek: so I'd cut and pasted to put the link here for someone 'in the know' but then couldn't find the link...:eek: really no hope for me is there....:rolleyes:

Cheryl --your not wrong.
I suspect there's much more counterfiet or adulterated stuff on there than any of us realise.

Hope dog is OK now

This was posted on another forum

Just been sent the following from ebay;

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay.

Lighter Life and Cambridge products are now banned on eBay. MHRA has
requested that we stop allowing these bars, at the request of the
distributors of LighterLife and Cambridge, who state that the products
should only be sold to patients registered in a programme through a
trained counsellor.

We are in the process of removing these Lighter Life and Cambridge
products. With that being said, please note that our prohibited items
policies cover tens of thousands of products and auctions are listed
continuously. By the time we remove a prohibited item, a new prohibited
item is listed. Therefore, at any given time, you may see prohibited
items listed on eBay, but it does not mean they are allowed.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to
this email and let us know.

Kind regards,

Garth Butcher
eBay Trust & Safety

Hurrah hurrah,

also not the remaining LL stuff has now gone too...but I'll keep my beady eye out for any that try & fly in under the radar.

Cambridge Diet 9 Orange Winter Spice Shakes Ltd Edition on eBay, also, Shakes Drinks, Dieting Slimming, Health Beauty (end time 07-May-08 09:18:38 BST)

Just reported this one, altho as a new CD-er, did/do they do this flavour? If not, even more dodgy I reckon.....

Yup it was brought out over christmas. I love it.
Post shouldn't be there long as I reported it last night & again this am.

Orange Winter spice is a limited edition brought out at Christmas. You can still get it though.

I am sure this listing will be removed shortly.

Linda

Either this listing or one other from last night (can't remember)sent me a message saying ebay keeps removing his items & asking me to email him diractly in the future.So he has been reported to them for breeching selling procedures...may he'll be banned ha ha!

Didn't realise I had such a vindictive streak!

Q: Linda...do you know why it has taken ebay so long to accept CD's & LL's arguements?
..& what it was that finally made them give in?

I saw them too Sez but couldn't work out how to report....:eek: so I'd cut and pasted to put the link here for someone 'in the know' but then couldn't find the link...:eek: really no hope for me is there....:rolleyes:

I found the "report" button right at the very end of the listing. I had never done this before either, and I was pretty uncertain what to do as well!!

I had an email back from EBay, saying something like it is under investigation. Wonder how long it all takes to remove these things?

Back