New SS+ how do you make the porridge and soup taste better??

JaneyD8

Hi all,
I just started today and the porridge and soup have been an ordeal! I ate the original porridge in under 2mins just to get it over with, can you add pepper to the soup? Also didn't have any milk because I plain forgot does anyone know if it matters?
THANKS!:)

Yes you can add herbs, spices, salt and pepper to the soups. Milks a no no I'm afraid unless your on SS+, and don't get me started on the porridge - I hate the stuff!
be strong
hugs
xx

awww really? the porridge is really nice! I just have it exactly as it says on the apcket, almost. Put the poweder in a bowl, I add exactly 150ml of hot weater, stir it well, zap it in the micro for a minute then leave it for a minute or two which not only vools it down a little but allows some of the water to steam off which thickens the porridge a little and you end up with this nice creamy tasty porridge. yummy

blurghhhh!
lol
xx

mikeyB said:
awww really? the porridge is really nice! I just have it exactly as it says on the apcket, almost. Put the poweder in a bowl, I add exactly 150ml of hot weater, stir it well, zap it in the micro for a minute then leave it for a minute or two which not only vools it down a little but allows some of the water to steam off which thickens the porridge a little and you end up with this nice creamy tasty porridge. yummy

I do it like this! Love it :)

I always add more water than I need to, otherwise it's too thick and sticky. Why don't you add cinnamon, it should help the taste.

Well ladies..(and gents..) I tried the maple and pecan today, mainly because you lot made me feel that I was missing out, and I can honestly say...I HATE IT!!!! I'm not even gonna try the apple and cinnamon cos I hate cinnamon! I'll stick to my fruits of the forest shakes I think...
love to all
xx

Pampered said:
I always add more water than I need to, otherwise it's too thick and sticky. Why don't you add cinnamon, it should help the taste.

I agree, it becomes very gloopy quite fast, much easier to eat with more water.

Dementia said:
Well ladies..(and gents..) I tried the maple and pecan today, mainly because you lot made me feel that I was missing out, and I can honestly say...I HATE IT!!!! I'm not even gonna try the apple and cinnamon cos I hate cinnamon! I'll stick to my fruits of the forest shakes I think...
love to all
xx

What are the fruits of the Forrest shakes like? I can't remember ever trying one. Is it fruity or creamy like the other shakes?

silencemylips said:
What are the fruits of the Forrest shakes like? I can't remember ever trying one. Is it fruity or creamy like the other shakes?

I only like it as a mousse x

swhite said:
I got told can add pepper spices etc but salt was a big no no as can make you retain water

I agree, I've been told not to add salt at all to anything.

Have to say I like the porridge but not as much as the soups or shakes x

tastes like a raspberry shake...lovely....

silencemylips said:

Only been on
It for 3 days but this is my fav so far.. It smells and tastes like black cherry angel delight I use to have when I was younger!

Only been on
It for 3 days but this is my fav so far.. It smells and tastes like black cherry angel delight I use to have when I was younger!
I thought it tasted like raspberries.......lol
xx

Back