New Start, New Diary.....

I've been on and off since I got them, really shouldn't!!

Yesterday: Green(ish) day

Breakfast: fruit salad

Lunch: 2 field mushrooms topped with garlic, onion and tomato and melted cheese (HEA), salad (lettuce, peppers, a sliced egg and carrot) and halloumi cheese (HEB)

Dinner: where it starts to go wrong.... it was my birthday but OH had to work late so when he got back I couldn't be bothered going out for food (and will be at the weekend anyway so REALLY don't need to eat out twice!!) Anyway, the ones at work had got me a chocolate fudge cake so had a BIG slice of that warmed in the microwave with honeycomb icecream. Then my mum came with my presents and another cake so had a big slice of that too AND then I ate half an easter egg. I'm not even guessing syns, I know it is extremely high. Will be very good today and during the day tomorrow.

My sister is home this weekend (the one who when usually is home I completely ignore SW). We're going out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night and then dinner at mums again on Sunday and I'm meant to be making dessert again. Don't think there's a chance in hell this week of me losing weight. My aim is to maintain. I can't guess the syns for tonight, or dinner and drinks tomorrow or dessert on Sunday. I don't think holding back syns today, Monday and Tuesday will be enough to keep it in 105 cos I'm guessing I had around 60 yesterday but can't know for sure! Probably was more!!

The good thing though is mum got me a soup maker, something I wanted but would never buy for myself since it's non essential so plenty so speed soups to help undo some of the damage!! I've made BNS soup in it this morning. Has turned out thinner than I usually would have it so know to add less water next time.

Maybe I'l try success express today... I've already had fruit salad for breakfast and 2 cups of BNS soup I made in my new soup maker :D

Working 1-9 today so on my break I'l be having (more) soup with ryvita and will have something light when I get home. Actually I'm stopping at mums to see my sister whose home so don't know what I'l be having. Could just eat some fruit at mums and second HEB??

Had all good intentions after a very bad few days on Sunday. I had been good on Monday, made a healthy dinner after work but after I had that all I wanted was chocolate. Can't remember what all I ate but I finished my easter egg, had some biscuits, I think 2 creme egg cones and maybe a strawberry one too. Oh and finished off my birthday cake.

Then on Tuesday I'd a 13 hour shift and roundabout 7 I really wanted chocolate so bought a big bar of galaxy and had most of that and then more creme egg cones when I got home from work plus 2 twirls (which finished the easter egg off)...

Yesterday was weigh day and I was off work. Had 3 malteaser bunnies for breakfast, a curly wurly, 3 LM sausages and 1/2 a garlic bread baguette for lunch. Was having a dvd day with my boyfriend and ended up having a creme egg, 2 creme egg cones, pringles, 2 biscuits, there was probably more that I can't remember now.

Don't know why I done it, especially after having such a good week the week before. I think subconsciously because I knew I'd be going over syns on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday that there was no way of keeping within the 105 I wrecked it as the previous week I knew I would be going over on just the Sunday so was able to be good all the other days. Well thats my thoughts on it anyway!

Weigh in last night and gained 1lb, deserved far more than that but now I've been to group I'm back in control. Going out on Saturday so will be saving syns some syns for then.

Working 1-9 today and food should be something like this:

Snack: cup of carrot and coriander soup before going to work, maybe an orange

Lunch: around 4pm, carrot and coriander soup, 6 ryvita wholemeal crackerbread (HEB) with dairylea (HEA). Yoghurt- probably lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Dinner: around 10pm, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) toasted with melted cheese (HEA- slightly under allowance to make up for dash of milk in this mornings coffee), tomato and onion. More fruit salad if I need it.

Total syns: 0.5

Food went as planned except some grapes with lunch too, a banana as soon as I finished work and then had to stop at mums on the way home so had a cup of sweet potato and pepper soup. Had my toast around 11 and now munching on a bowl of fruit salad while watching an episode of fringe. Good day overall :D

Tomorrow it should be fruit salad for breakfast and have taken a portion of soup (its either carrot or butternut squash) from the freezer for lunch. No idea what to have for dinner yet.

Friday: Green Day

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch: carrot and coriander soup, 6 ryvita wholegrain (HEB) with 3 dairylea triangles (HEA).

Snack: banana

Dinner: loads of actifry chips, 3 LM sausages and beans

Snacks: bowl with a few chopped up strawberries, kiwis, 1 crushed mini meringue nest (0.5 syns), 2 rocky roads (HEB) and lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns). A bowl of fruit salad and 2 packs of sainsburys popcorn (5 syns- 1 cheese and chive flavour and 1 smoked paprika)

Total syns: 6
Weekly syns: 6.5/105

I've found it easy enough this week, makes me wonder why I was so bad last week and why I couldn't get myself back on track after the weekend?

Anyway, yesterday was a green day. Went waaaaaaay over my syns but knew I would be since I was going out for birthdays. At least this time didn't include eating out, for some reason eating out always makes it harder sticking to plan the rest of the week.

Lunch: carrot soup, 6 ryvita wholemeal crackerbread (HEB) with 3 dairylea triangles (HEA). a banana and lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Dinner: 2 wholemeal slices (HEB) toasted with cheese (HEA), tomato and onion. 3 LM sausages, mushrooms and beans.

Last night: trying to estimate.. went to my friends house first and she always has bowls of sweets and crisps out but was very good and only had 3 caramel nibbles and a few skittles (5 syns?). Drinkswise I had vodka and peach schnapps guessing 21. When we went out I had strawberry daiquiri (10 syns?) jagerbomb (13 syns?) and possibly another vodka (4 syns).

Total syns 53.5 but I'm rounding it up to 60 to be on the safe side as a lot of its guessing- maybe it was more than 60?
Total weekly: 66.5/105

Today: Green Day

Breakfast:
my very lovely boyfriend brought me up coffee and fruit salad. he'd even left a big glass of water for me too :)

Lunch/Dinner: finally came downstairs at 1, was planning to start lunch but didn't end up making it till after 3. I made spicy baked bean lasagne (HEA) with wedges (mixture of potato and sweet potato). Loved it, could have ate more but saving some of the lasagne for tomorrows lunch.

Later Dinner: 2 bowls of leek and potato soup and then a packet of pasta n sauce later since I was hungry. Had planned on having fruit covered in a greek lemon yogurt, chopped up rocky road and crushed meringue nest but after I sliced up the fruit seen I had no lemon yogurts left so just ate the sliced fruit. When I realised I'd no HEB I had a choc hifi bar.

Syns: 0
Weekly syns: 66.5/105

Last edited:
I'm sooooo hungry. Can't wait for my dinner to be ready, is going to be another 20 mins or so :(

Today: Green Day

Breakfast: banana and 3 ryvita wholemeal crackerbread (half HEB) with dairylea (part HEA).

Lunch: leftover lasagne (part HEA), a bowl of leek and potato soup and an orange

Dinner: SW quiche (I'm making it for the first time so fingers crossed it turns out good!! I've cottage cheese that needs used up so did a search for recipes after I got home from work. There's so many different ones!!) with sweet potato wedges.

Snack: grapes, time out (4.5 syns), rocky road hifi (half HEB) and special k chewy bar (HEB)

Total syns: 4.5
Weekly syns: 71/105

Last edited:
Hmmmmm quiche doesn't get a thumbs up from me. It was edible but I wasn't really fussed on it. Doubt I will make it again. I've some leftover that could do part of my lunch but might just throw it out.

Really loved the sweet potato wedges tho, would've preferred just eating a big plate of those!!

Scales are wrecking my head!! I KNEW I shouldn't have got them cause I KNEW this would happen but still went and bought them!! Scales last night were showing a 5lb gain which I knew wasn't right, it was after I'd ate heavy food and was wearing heavier clothes than normal weigh in. Today when I got home from work they were showing a 1lb gain (going up to 1.5- 2lb after dinner :( ) It's really putting me in a down mood since I've tried hard this week (even with the over synning on Saturday, I've been so so good the other days!!!) I'm telling myself it's only tomorrows scales that count and I know I really did deserve a bigger gain last week so that could be affecting it too. But I can't stop feeling disappointed :(

Today: Green day

Breakfast:
banana, orange and fat free strawberry yogurt

Lunch: some leftover quiche and a bowl of potato and leek soup

Dinner: baked sweet potato, salad (lettuce, peppers, red onion, sliced egg), corn on cob and quorn pieces fried with mushrooms. Also 1 tbsp of light salad cream (1 syn)

No HEBs yet. HEA has been milk in numerous coffees. I got a bag of frozen mango chunks from sainsburys last week and currently have some defrosting to nibble on later...maybe covered in vanilla yogurt and some honey...

Ahh get rid of the scales if they are messing with your head x

Very tempted to! They've came up low battery even though I replaced it last week and only had them 3 weeks... will be taking them back to argos if I can find the receipt, I still have the box!

Back