New Start, New Diary.....

Hmmmmm... so didn't get what I had planned today. Spent ages dossing online, only managed to get the ironing done. Will go food shopping on Friday, gives me time to plan what I want to eat and make a list.

Lost 1lb this week, really wanted 2 but least it's coming off. I think I need to mix up what I'm eating as I keep repeating the same things. It was suggested I look at the meal plans online for ideas so will do that.

Today: Green

Breakfast:
slept in so missed it

Lunch:
leftover lasagne with 2 slices of garlic bread (9 syns)

Dinner: 3 boiled eggs in cup with onion and salad cream (1 syn), jelly mousse (0.5 syns)

Total syns: 10.5
Weekly: 80.5/105

After weigh in I had 2 rocky road hifis (B) and an orange.

I've had a look on the SW website for the green week meal planner. Got some ideas for it but to be honest a lot of the lunches don't work with being able to take to work.

I'm working 1-9 so going to have a late breakfast then 'lunch' at 4 and something when I get home around 9.30. Food plan for today:
Snack: coffee and banana when I got up

Breakfast: onion and mushroom omelette.

Lunch: curried rice with quorn pieces- something different instead of the portion of soup I have in the freezer. Jelly mousse (0.5 syns)

Dinner: not decided yet, nothing heavy since it will be late and I start work at 7 on Friday morning...

Just a quick Hi - will read through your diary and come back to say hello in a couple of days :)

Haven't wrote on this because I haven't had my laptop on all weekend so haven't wrote on this as I can't be bothered on my phone!
It's been a pretty good weekend foodwise. Was working all of it which was pretty crap but I was off today.

Friday: Green Day
I was working 1-9, I had the magic pancakes (HEB) for brunch. They were lovely, I had them with defrosted raspberries, sliced banana and some lemon greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)
For my break I had a big bowl of roasted vegetable cous cous and an orange, then later that night I had a satsuma, 3 sweet onion ryvita with 3 dairylea triangles (HEB and A). I also had 2 bags of skips (8 syns) and 2 special k biscuits (5 syns). Total syns 13.5

Saturday Green Day
Breakfast: 3 ryvita (HEB) and 3 dairylea triangles (HEA)
Lunch: cous cous and a mullerlight
Dinner: actifry chips and mushy pea curry
Snacks: 4 haribo (2 syns), 1 rocky road hifi (3 syns) and another 3 ryvita with dairylea (HEB and A)
Total syns=5

Sunday Green Day
Brunch: magic pancakes (again!- HEB) with defrosted raspberries, lemon yoghurt (0.5 syns) and 1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5 syns)

Dinner:
mustard mash (0.5 syns), bbq fillets, beans and corn on cob

Snacks:
an apple, caramel sweet from roses (2.5 syns!!!!), malteser bunny (3 syns), rocky road (HEB) and jelly (0.5 syns)
Total: 9.5 syns

Just reading your diary and I have what may be a stupid question - what are magic Pancakes?

Well done on your weight loss so far

Thank you :)

Magic pancakes are basically your healthy extra B allowance of porridge oats soaked in yoghurt overnight (I used vanilla mullerlight). The next day add 2-3 eggs and sweetener and then fry in a pan like pancakes. They're really filling. I read about them here:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/254814-you-people-need-make-magic-oaty-pancakes.html

Theres also magic porridge which is just the porridge left in yoghurt overnight but I don't like it.

Just looked at your stats, your weight loss is brilliant so far, do you keep a diary I could nosey at?

Friday: Green Day

Breakfast: banana- started work at 7 and couldn't eat anything else

Lunch:
finished extra early today as had to stay on later earlier in the week to cover someone off sick so had a pretty early lunch at noon. Quite big but made up for the small breakfast. I had 3 LM sausages, 2 poached eggs, beans, mushrooms and reduced fat halloumi cheese (HEB)

Dinner:
baked potato (well 2 since they were small!) and put in cheese, onion, tomato and spring onion for the last 5 mins in the oven to melt. I had this with beans and some carrot sticks. I had weighed the 40g cheese and then grated some more which would still be within my HEA as only had milk in a cup of tea today

Snacks:
grapes and satsumas, weetabix oaty bar (HEB)

Haven't had any syns today yet and not likely to at this point. Trying to save them for Sunday as going to mums for dinner which will be slimming world friendlyish! Except that because mum has been off sugar for lent she wants a 'proper' pudding made so I'm making some sort of crumble. I'm following mums recipe so it's going to be pretty high syn (since I'm making it I'l be able to work the syns out). I also seen a strawberry souffle recipe in this months magazine that I would like to try. Think they are 3.5 syns each.

Last edited:
Thank you :) though don't know how successful it will be! Mum wanted rhubarb crumble but couldn't find any so bought a load of cooking apples instead. I bought far more than I needed so made 2 apple and raspberry tarts today... don't even know what I'm going to do with them! They work out at 12 syns a slice so I'm currently resisting having a piece... saving it all for tomorrow :) also my OH just brought in a massive easter egg for us from him mum. The egg itself is 80 syns and then there's 6 creme eggs with it as well!!!!

Saturday: Green Day

Breakfast:
35g puffed wheat (HEB) with milk (HEA) and coffee

Lunch: 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB) toasted and then put under grill with tomato, onion, spring onion and 45g mozzarella (HEA). Followed by vanilla mullerlight with strawberries mixed through it

Snack: grapes

Dinner: mustard mash (0.5 syns), 2 quorn fillets, corn on cob, peas, green beans and broccoli.

Not sure what I'l snack on this evening yet.

Total syns (so far): 0.5
Weekly syns: 5/105

Snack:

Happy Easter everyone :)

Thanks for popping by Emsie :)

Just back from mums, it's a good thing I've been saving syns for today cos I've just used loads- and not one on a bit of chocolate!!!

So far today:

Breakfast: 2 plums while making mums apple and plum crumble. I thought I didn't like plums until I tried a bit while making the crumble!

Lunch: mashed potatoes (made with milk so HEA, other milk used in hot drinks), quorn roast, broccoli, peas, green beans, gravy (guessing 3 syns) and 4 yorkshire puddings (really didn't need 4 but they were lovely! just looked up the syns and they are 5.5 each :eek: didn't realise they would be that high so thats 22!!!) And then dessert. I worked out the crumble I made was 156 for the whole thing!! I had about a sixth so 26 syns and then with custard so another 10? syns and also tried some of the tart I made which was 12 syns a slice!!! Oh and had a glass of shloer. 250 mls is 5.5 syns but I didn't have that much so I'l say 5 syns

So total syns= 78!!! Can't believe I had that many in an afternoon :eek::eek: I know its within the 105 but still feel it's wrong. I have left the rest of crumble and tarts at mums so won't be tempted to eat them :) She has gave me an easter egg though. Won't be openning that for a while.... I think it's over 50 syns just for the egg and then theres 3 twirls with it!

Anyway, plan is to keep everything else low syn until Wednesday...

Had a late dinner tonight after a very filling lunch. I had 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB)toasted with onion, tomato and cheese (HEA). Also had some yogurt with strawberry mixed through since the yogurt was going out of date

Total syns: 78
Weekly syns: 83.5/105

(snacked on jelly last night so an extra half syn)

Well done on the weight loss - it is fantastic and BMI at 24 now :happy096:

Was reading that you like Butternut Squash and spicy - I have a nice recipe for Squash - you can use any you want, cheapest instead of expensive Butternut.
It is the first picture on this page - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/277510-green-days-only-systemas-diary-49.html - it is made with a spice mix called Panch Poran (cumin, fennel, mutard, fenugreek and nigella seeds) which you can get from India shops, I bought it in Asda but there is a big ethnic population near that one so they stock lots of things like that. You can also leave out the last 3 that you sprinkle on at the end if you don't have them and adjust the chilli to what you like.
We eat it as another curry but I always make too much as it is brilliant cold on bread, ryvita etc or with raw veg. I take it when we go on a picnic so great to take to work. Also the last pics on the page has lentils the same, I like them cold spread on toast etc.
I always use oil for cooking spices as Frylite does not do it for me - would rather spend a syn on the oil.

BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH PANCH PORAN - 2 SYNS for oil but divide by how many portions.

800GMS SQUASH
1 TSP OIL - 250 MLS OF WATER - ADD MORE IF IT IS DRYING UP (I usually put more in then don't have to watch it all the time the boil it off)
1 TSP PANCH PORAN - Buy packet from Indian shop
½ TSP TURMERIC
PINCH OF CHILLI (or what you like) ..... SALT TO TASTE
½ TSP CORIANDER
1 TSP GROUND FENNEL
½ TSP BLACK PEPPER
½ TSP MANGO POWDER (AMCHOOR)

METHOD

Cut the squash into cubes. Heat the oil and add the Panch poran and stir fry for ½ minute, then add turmeric, chilli, coriander and salt, stir and add the squash, mix and add the water.

Bring to the boil then lower the heat, cover and cook until tender (about 10 mins) – keep your eye on it, as the water will disappear quickly!!! – add more if necessary.
When squash is tender add the fennel, mango powder and pepper and cook to dry up any water. This is a dry curry and no moisture should be left in the pan.

Last edited:
Thanks systema. I really like the sound (and look) of the squash. It would be good to have another topping for ryvita cos at the moment all I seem to eat on i is dairylea.
I'm not sure of any Indian shops near here and there is no asda either, though I have noticed a speciality section in sainsburys so I'l check there for the panch poran.

Monday: Green Day

Breakfast: none. Coffee before work and then took my breaks all in one as we were short staffed. I had planned on having a banana and 2 plums.

Lunch: carrot and coriander soup, 3 sunflower ryvita (B) with 3 dairylea triangles (A), jelly mousse (0.5 syns)

Snack: banana, rest of quorn roast from yesterday

Dinner: vegetable stir fry. a plum.

Snack: hadn't planned for this but was at my sisters and she offered me a slice of the tart I made here so took a very small slice (10 syns but could be less). She did want me to try some new buns she bought too but I resisted. Getting very close to that 105 :sigh:. Also had 1 rocky road just to get second HEB and an orange

Total syns: 10.5
Weekly syns: 94/105

Last edited:
How many days have you got to last for the 11 syns left? I am almost to 15 most days as I make mine up with chocolate drinks.

Only until this evening :) I know I can easily do it it's just last time I was close to the 105 I STS. I think that was when I used the majority at the weekend. I think I loose better if I use them daily and not loads in one day but this weekend couldn't be helped. I suppose I'l find out later if having the majority in one day affects loss. I'l be disappointed if it does cos I've tried really hard this week to keep my meals different. I think I need 1lb to get my club 10 plus 1lb would mean back into the 10s (stones) which I haven't been in in over a year!

Really debating with myself should I buy another set of scales. There's times during the week when I really want a sneak peek to see how I'm doing. I nearly went to buy some yesterday but my work hours changed so argos wasn't open when I finished. I'm off work today and will be going to get more food later so could pop in then and get them. But I worry I'l become too obsessive over what my weight is if I get them.:sigh:

Tuesday: Green Day

Breakfast:
fruit salad

Lunch: BNS soup with 3 ryvita (HEB) and dairylea (HEA). coconut mullerlight

Dinner: baked potato with tomato, onion, cheese (HEA), halloumi (HEB), beans and 2 LM sausages.

Snacks: fruit salad, 2 pieces of malteaser teaser bar (2.5 syns)

Seen the new malteaser teaser bars yesterday and couldn't resist buying one (and the 150g bar and not the individual one!). It's bits of malteaser in a chocolate bar, reminds me pretty much of the malteaser celebrations. Each chunk (and they are small chunks) is 25 cal so 2 chunks is 2.5 syns.

Total syns: 2.5
Weekly syns: 96.5.

Just remebered I had one bite of crumble at mums, total syns 99.5?? So glad it's weigh in tonight.

2.5lb off tonight!! Absolutely delighted :) Got my Club 10 and am under 11 stone :D

I did get a set of scales earlier. Weighed myself before leaving. First time showed a 2lb gain and then next time was a 2lb loss. Tried a good few times after that and it all showed a 2lb loss (with 1 time showing a 3lb loss), so it seems the scales are half pound off SW scales.
Today: Green Day

Breakfast: fruit salad

Lunch: 3 field mushrooms topped with chopped tomato, garlic, onion and cheese (HEA)

Dinner: Salad: lettuce, grated carrot, peppers, onion, cheese (HEA), sliced egg, tomato and halloumi (HEB)

Still have another HEB, will probably have a hifi bar when I get home from mums.

That is brilliant - well done. :happy096:

I am not allowed scales at home - got some but they are in hiding for 6 days and am given them on weigh day.:D I am awful, on and off the damn things all the time.
Funnily enough we have just seen the weigh scales lady in the street and watched 3 young lads getting weighed and I was tempted as I have no idea what I am - asked the lads if they thought they were accurate and they said yes but my OH just looked at me and said NO !!!

Back