new start, we have let things slip

omg thats amazing and cant believe that one of us has actually made it!!! well done and yes a couple pounds extra will allow you to indulge a little over the festive period!! well done and hope you dont forget us and keep posting - dont leaaaavvvvveeeee meeeeee!!! lol!! I actually think we may be at similar bmis if your profile info is up to date on the side of your posts but I am aiming for a bmi of around 24 and a half as that would always give me a bit of leeway to go up and down a little but a normal bmi would be a good start. Havent weighed myself as not been too well. Signed off now and start new treatment next Friday which is supposed to make me feel even more ill - so I am expecting that 'normal' bmi will just happen during that time due to not being well but lets see. Diva - hows the recovery coming along? You managing to get your walking in again? Small steps :)
Look forward to your posts xoxo

thank u girls, feels weird, was in town today doing christmas shopping and was thinking to myself "you can go in and have a coffee and cake " but i just could not bring myself to do it. would like a couple more lbs off as my bmi is sitting at 25.4 and would like it on or below 25.

goal of 24.9 bmi then? mmm cake and a brew - sounds perfect. I guess you can in moderation. Have you had to buy a new wardobe? how exciting :)

i am now in size 8 jeans and 12 in tops, quite a drop from 20/22. really need to go to see a personal shopper as i really do not know what suits me now.

oh wow!! that is tiny!! a personal shopper sounds great and yes I agree with Diva keep an eye out for the sales and go mad!!! I think i will always be a 14 - perhaps a 12/14 but im happy being a 14 cos of my build as long as I can lose some of the flab. Diva - well done on the 17.5 miles. I ate ice cream (yes the whole tub) and a big bar of choc late last night so started a detox just for today - lets see if it lasts till the evening xoxo

Hi im a newbie and read through these posts. so good to read about successes and its good to see that its through healthier eating, every one has off days but ultimately eating a varied diet and taking exercise. Good going girls! i hope to do the same, started up the C25K challenge...Thanks for the inspiration!! Long way to go, but hopefully a fun one, im excited about getting some dab hand cookery skills and creating some tasty healthy meals! #cookingandkitchendancingaftermyrun

hi hourglass hannah. Glad you found some motivation through our posts and all the best with your c25k challenge. What exactly does it involve?
FB, Diva - the detox day didnt last as expected but hey ho. enjoy the weekend x

welcome hourglass hannah, it is hard work but so worth it when u get there.fso glad ur detox did not last bet it was that horrid maple syrup concoction u take, u so know what u need to do to get the weight off. the problem is ur health that is most important at the moment so just keep watching what u eat and do not go mad with ice cream and chocs.

u know me so well!! it was the maple syrup/lemon detox diet but im doing it for some of the meals rather than total detox. Actually managed it yesterday. Im a little annoyed today. was getting to become good friends with someone I met a couple months back ....... so I guess its time to cool off the friendship too .... What a year!! I really cant wait for it to be over. FB you are right - my health is priority. I will finally see the doc next Friday and begin eradication treatment and I cant wait as i so need it to work this time. 6-8 weeks after the treatment they will test me again to see if its worked. It hasnt worked the past 2 times but theyre giving me stronger treatment this time. Fingers crossed n will keep posting. Just installed new memory in laptop and it has finally speeded things up to an acceptable level!! woohoo :)

Last edited:
it must be really hard for u, i really would not be able to focus on weight loss with so much emotional turmoil in ur life and bad health i so would be reaching for the fattening foods all the time. you have managed to keep a good reign on it so far.

thanks fb - i think clothes are the best indicator as I got rid of most of my bigger clothes so I know immediately when things start to become tighter so I know I have to cut back. I think the gym probably also helps both physically and mentally. I have had 2 days of eating but unfortunately it has led to me feeling even more ill as tummy cant handle it so im trying to be good today. Waiting for friday when i go to the hospital and they finally start me on the treatment. Think i will be on it for 10 or 14 days so I have stocked the house up so I have everything I need in the house. Loving the fact that my computer doesnt take forver to load up as might mean i come on more often now :)

Hi everyone, been away for the weekend, but now im back on the treadmill! the c25k challenge starts off with running three times a week but starts of slowly ie. running for 2 mins then walking for 1min and then running again...which over the course of 9 weeks should have you fit for running a 5k...its going well so far... :)
Hope your treatment goes well on Friday! And don't even get me started on men - cant live with them, cant live without them! hehe! i have been in a similar situation before but plenty more fish in the sea! x

Hi !!! I'm still alive and kicking !! FSO that man sounds like he is in a right old confused state at the mo, is he divorcing, seperating, reuniting, etc, etc ??? Messy !! You are right to steer clear, plus it sounds like he comes with way too much baggage....who needs that !?

Hourglasshannah is correctomondo, plenty more fish in the sea !!!

Diva x

hi girls - thanks for your words. they always help. Not finding this fish but must be patient :) hourglass hannah - your running regime sounds a little like the couch to 2k or 5k programme. Im guessing theres lots of different names. Hope its going well.
Diva I spoke to him last night as felt I wanted to be honest with him and basically told him i had hoped that I would have gotten to know him better in the future and not just be friends so I was a little surprised when he told me about his ex. Anyway it turns out he is divorced and has been for 7 years and he hasnt been able to move on properly as he wants to hear from her that she would never take him back so that he can close that chapter. He admits the relationship ended cos of him and wants to try and make things right if its possible but wants to hear it from her if she wont take him back once and for all and the only way he knew she wud meet him was through a solicitor mediation as he tried to meet her a couple yrs back and she wouldnt meet and he heard thru others that she said no. I kind of understand what hes doing and I felt brave telling him what I felt and I may have lost the friendship even but who knows - nothing risked - nothing gained and all that :) so yes that story is on hold as he needs to deal with his baggage. I can say that 2011 has been awful for me both with my 'encounters' and health wise so cannot wait until its over. Will keep you updated. He hasnt texted since last night so think I may have ruined the friendship by being honest about my feelings. Such is life. Not managing to eat properly as tummy is sore but only a few more days to the hospital appt and really cant wait now as cant wait to feel better. hugs xoxo

ok so i ate the contents of the house last night like you do!! so have undone some of my hard work but these things happen i guess. Two more days to start treatment and I think they will weigh me on Friday at the hospital too - what joys. Was sat in bed with laptop reminiscing and looking through old photos and founds lots from last year and the year before and I was a lot bigger then. I deleted several - they were awful!! So whether this weight loss has happened cos Im ill or not I can not let myself go over 11stone 7 ever again!!!

went for the appt, had prescription in hand finally, pharmacy say they dont have 1 of the drugs in stock and needs ordering. Should arrive on Monday. Really fed up :(

FSO if u don't mind me asking ... What is wrong with u?? Hospt apps, meds , is it serious ?? Hope everything ok!! Xx

So what brings you here Shini? Are you losing weight, maintaining etc? x

Last edited:
Hey FSO thats sad!! Hope u get better ... Lol yeh Cambridge diet bought me here it's very good for support n nice way of meeting new people .. I'm just coming to the end of my journey !! Which is a good thing ... Had quite abit to loose ... But as target getting closer keeping thinking few more pounds will help .. What about u are u dieting aswel ... Hope u get better Hun xx

Back