new start, we have let things slip

Hi girls. Well i managed a circuit class this morning in the early hours and have made myself have some porridge. Hoping actually having breakfast might keep me on track. My problem is the evening more than the morning.
Cake decorating class - good news - we will be using a dummy cake to decorate on some of the weeks. Bad news: Tutor said we will have made 5 real cakes by the end of the course - must slice up and give away - have a few houses in mind. However may end up keeping a thin slice for myself so I get to taste what has been made...lets see. I have more tests re my infection to see if last treatment worked mid february - lets see what that brings but I am finally going away for a holiday in the last week of february so have that to look forward to and hopefully lose a little weight for. A little girly stuff - I have been umming and ahhing about whether to go as might not feel up to it so told the person organising it i may have to pull out and she said one of her friends was really looking forward to meeting me. Turns out hes a divorcee too but he has kids - think a smilar age or a yr younger than me so lets see what that brings :) will keep you updated no doubt but again another reason to stay focused with weight loss. Just hope im not ill the whole time we are away. On a separate note - I wish gym friend didnt have baggage re ex wife and wanting to try and get back with her as he really does make me smile - ah well. Looks like we will be staying friends. The engineer from british gas has just been and fixed my leaky boiler so thats one of my stresses ticked off. Got to start working as working from home and lots to do. Enjoy your weekends xoxo

fso, your live is very complicated men wise, i so wish things would work out for you with someone as all your sickness and bad health would be so much easier to get through if you have soneone to support you day in and day out.maybe if the guy that is going on holiday with the group of you may be the one, fingers crossed

yes complicated but almost non- existent. POtential men that turn out as not potentials but what is good is that i seem to be seeing the potentials so who knows this could be the year. Someone right might just pop along. I agree totally re the support - would be great. Tonight Im meeting one of the diving team I dive with in spain as theyre passing through this neck of the woods but this means I am eating out tonight. Will try and be sensible with the food. Think ive lost nothing but not stressing just yet. Enjoy whats left of the weekend!! xoxo

Last edited:
ok so dropped the weekend away gain as had gone up to 11st 12 upon return and finally lost a pound on top so 11st 9lbs. Not great but gotta aim for 2lbs next week as things are a little slow and its all down to food. Im off to the cinema this evening and i will resist cinema food tonight x

Well done FSO !!! Did you enjoy the cinema ? Reminded me of one of the first times I went to the movies here.... I ordered some popcorn and went for the large deal with a drink, etc and OMG this was a bucket of popcorn, I could have worn the damn thing on my head and it would touch my shoulders !!! LOL !!!! Never again !!! It could have fed like 8 !!!

I lost a pound and a smidgeon, so one to go before Feb 1st !!! Walking my bottom off ( I wish !!! It refuses to shrink, so maybe will settle for it staying up and not sloping off down my legs !! ) diet is relaxed at the weekend, which I know I must rein in soon or I will not drop anything in Feb !!!

As for men, gawd I would be a nightmare if I was single and ready to mingle these days, think I would be VERY fussy in my old age, hehe. My motto would probably be.... Leave your baggage at the door....no messing up MY tidy floor !!! LOL !!!

Diva x

i like the motto diva and well done for losing a pound and a bit! It all counts. I did NOT resist food - we more or less had a picnic in the cinema but this did become my evening meal so didnt do too much damage.... i think and hope. What I did notice is that the calories are displayed alongside the cinema food in small bubbles!! Never realised they were there before and clearly did not deter me. Shocking!! I have removed the yoghurt and some of the fruit from the house last night - the foods that cause my tummy pain. Today is the day I watch everything i eat.... really!! The silly boiler is dripping again despite the fact they came to fix last Friday so theyre coming again tomorrow before the cake course which might be good as wont be sat around bingeing if a workman in the house :). I have been going to the gym every other day this week instead of daily and seems to be going ok. Work is very busy at the moment so may need to do a few hours this weekend to catch up and I am going to make myself go to the library to work as again might stop me munching as if at home more likely to keep nipping in to the kitchen. I really want 2lbs off by Monday and want it to stay off this time so that next week I can concentrate on getting below 11st and a half. Last night willpower was very pooor but its another day and another fresh attitude so heres hoping. Enjoy your days xoxo

Hi all. I am so glad its friday. Nothing planned apart from the fact I need to do a few hours work this weekend and focus on not over -eating. Really want at least a 2lb loss by Monday but ideally want more!! If can focus until Monday I know it can happen - I guess I just have to want it enough. Hope youre both well. Enjoy your friday!! xoxo

well an engineer came again yesterday and i think the boiler is now finally leak free. so thats can finally be ticked off my to do list.
I have to do some work this weekend but also want to go in to the city centre and browse through the shops and i need to go and buy some lettuce and cucumber :D

youre not going to believe this! the boiler is still leaking!! theyre coming yet again on tuesday but im not getting stressed about it - theres little i can do. Spent the day in cheshire oaks shopping and spending too much money but i did go to the gym for half an hour this morning. Downside I ate a lot of cookies and also had some croissants the day before weigh in!! how silly of me. will know soon enough what damage i have done. All the best with weigh in girls!!! xoxo

Well I hit 213 lbs this am..... And celebrated by walking 6 miles !!! LOL !! Hardly a reward I know !!! Hehe !!
Well, with Feb looming at the door, I'm upping my miles and cutting back on the snacking at weekends !! I can see it becoming a slippery slope if I don't slap it back into it's place asap !! I'm not walking all these bloody miles to stay this big, going to shock my ol' metabolism off it's sofa and kick it's a**e !!!

Diva x

thats the attitude Diva!! You shock that metabolism. I lost 3lbs this week despite my couple of blips so I am pleased. My goal for next week is to lose 2-3lbs. Can only try. Managed the gym and a circuit class this morning.

well done both of you, yes you so can do it this year and you will. it is your year girls

lots of positive vibes is what we need!! made lunch for work - my humongous salad but seems to be working and is yummy. Still sticking to the gym every other day for the rest of this week. Managed to stay out of the kitchen last night too so this week has started well. Hope I can keep it up until next monday - its the weekend and evening where it can potentially all go wrong. I want to see 11stone 4 next week - i want it!!! Hoping if i say it/ type it enough times it might happen!! Hope your weeks are going well xoxo

11st 4 .....11st 4.....11st 4 ...... Just helping you out a little bit FSO !!! I'm having salad with sweet chilli baby potatoes for lunch !!! Scrummy, I love salad !!

Just back from a big old walk, and it was so mild I was half tempted to strip of my fleece and expose my Tee shirted arms to the World, but as I was only wearing a daggy ol' workout Tee, I changed my mind !! Hehe !!

Diva x

sod the world - if you want to expose your arms you should do it!! Unfortunately I have eaten a whole tub of haagen daaz ice cream. They shouldnt have offers at the supermarket - i couldnt resist!! lets see what damage done but have a few more days to aim for that 11st 4. Have a feeling it will be a sts at this rate though but miracles can happen and all that!! its almost the weekend!! hope youre having good weeks xoxo

ok so weighed in at the gym today and I am 11stone 5 and not 11stone 4 like i wanted but I guess I should accept it with a smile!! :)

Hang in there FSO !!! We know you can do it !!! And damn those super precise Gym scales....sounds like the ones at my Doctor's !!! I even exhale as I stand on those ones as they are that precise.... lol !!!!

Counting cals and walking and more walking means I dropped 2.6 lbs this week, yip yip !!!

Diva x

woohoo!! 2.6lbs is fab!! and i must try exhaling on gym scales. This sounds like a good strategy and who knows might miraculously help!! That would be really good indeed. I no longer want 11 stone 4 next week! I need to be lower as I only have 2 more weigh ins to go(next wk and wk after) with both the challenges I am on and if lose both they are going to leave big dents in my wallet. I am currently in second place on both with the leader on the first one 3lbs ahead of me. Not sure how much ahead the person on the second challenge is - will find out tomorrow at the gym - thats the expensive one to lose so hopefully will keep me motivated. So I need lower than 11stone 3 by Monday ideally - can it be done is the question??? Heres hoping. Heres to good losses for us all next week!! xoxo

blown it!! a STS would be a miracle the rate ive been going. Hope you girls are doing ok xoxo

Back