new start, we have let things slip

Hello all!
I'm starting tomorrow - I have said this so many times - I am going to have to do it this time though - I'm so fed up with myself, if I weigh a bit less i'm sure i'll feel better about myself - especially when I can wear nice clothes and look good in them :(

only I can do it! x

halloweenqueen, you are right, you can do it if you put your mind to it. no one said it was easy if it was we would all be slim. best of luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. are u going to class or doing it alone?

Hi everybody, FSO, I am soo glad you are back with it....I struggled recently after my break, but it was really a case of damage control....I'm not afraid to say I was scared of going over the 200 lb mark again. It would have really deflated me and I would have been in that bad place again.... Eating monster out of it's cage and rampaging through the crappy food again !!!
Anyway, I had a wobble this week, with the Select 55 beers, omg, 55 cals for a bottle of beer, and when they are ice cold they don't taste tooo bad, hehe !! This hiccup was the result of a giant tax bill( um, thousands of $$$$ !!!) and the panic that grips you after that and then the feeling you should have something nice, " to feel better !! " .....and let's face it...it's never a nice big bowl of salad we go for, is it ??? Grrrrrr !!!
Anywhoo, thought I would be STS but actually lost 2 lbs, really surprised by that !!! Got to keep going, got to keep going I keep on telling myself !!!

Hi halloweenqueen...you will find inspiration on here, have a look through the success stories and diaries,and get reading and posting on the threads. Lots of luck !!!

Diva x

Last edited:
good for you viva la diva, you were lucky with the weight loss this week with having the beers. you must not have been as bad as you thought you had been. i lost 1lb this week but that does not surprise me as i rarely lose more per week.

Deffo agree with you about the beers, super lucky !!! Even felt buzzy after 4 of the mega low cal ones, gee I'm a light weight now !!! Can't believed I glitched in week 2, like some total dieting newbie, not like the old dieting Diva I am!!! Hehe !!! Grrrr !! I'm getting ready for my usual game of STS, STS, drop a pound, STS !!!! The pressure has been raised as I have some mega family things going on in July, and I would like to be a bit lighter by then !!! Can't afford to muck it up too much as it's not too far away now!! Plus we have had some gorgeous weather here, and I have seen my very slinky neighbours looking all gorgeous and Summery !!!

Diva x

sorry for not coming on much guys. Weightwise i seem to just be putting on and struggling to gain focus foodwise. I am aiming for a pound a week loss again as the last I weighed in i was 12st 8!!!! Health issues still not resolved so dont think thats helping. Have 2 different hospital appts this week so if I dont post dont worry I will be back but dont feel like posting when i am seeing nothing but gains. Hope you are all well and hopefully I will start posting regularly again soon x

Awwww, FSO, I'm sorry you are feeling like this, been there many, many times before, believe me. I got a STS this week, which sucks. Going to have a bad week this week due to this virus. Just don't disappear from here totally, wave to us every now and again, please ? We hope you get your medical stuff sorted out, and then hopefully your dieting mojo will follow......

Take care

Diva x

everyone has there ups and downs, scales say 1.5 lbs on, i say no blxxdly way, but have to accept it and aim to get it back off for next week.

well i did get the 1.5 lbs back off but no more that than so aiming to lose 1.5lbs for next week.which would give me a stone off since joining this new class.

Hi FB....keep on plugging away at it !!! I had a pants week last week, as I predicted !!! Bad food, no exercise, yukky medicines, and 2 LARGE PIZZAS.... Good grief !!! Back up to 197 and trying very hard not to get into a swinging phase....eekkkkk !!!! How is your new class going ?? It's great if you have good support isn't it ?? This is the first day I feel 110 % better, so got to start moving my bottom with some walking, starting tomorrow....fingers crossed !!!!

Diva x

i like my new class but i made the mistake of letting the leader know that i have lost over 5 stone so she keeps bring it up in class, eg gillian another 1.5 of this week that is 12.5 so far but what is your running total loss go far, tell the class, embarrassing or what.

Don't be embarrassed, I think it's marvelous !!!! I'd be singing from the rooftops, haha !!! I know you still have a bit to go, but why not enjoy it on the way.
Bad Diva has not started walking yet, I seem to be stuck with it, just kind of really fixated with getting below 192 for some strange reason, plus super busy and really trying to be 110% foodwise this week. I just want to see the regained 5lbs gone, before I start fat stomping again, plus it makes me super hungry and at this stage I may not be able to control it !!!!
Oh the joys of dieting, eh ????
Off to enjoy some sunshine !!!

Diva x

Hi guys. Well I was 12st 7 on Monday but I seem to be focused this week and have restarted a food diary so fingers crossed for Sunday or Mondays weigh in. I am struggling with the exrcise cos my back has now decided to flare up too on top of everything else so i have only exercised twice this week and one of those times was only 20 mins in the gym. I do make sure i walk to work and back and that approx 25 minutes in total on weekdays - not much but at least its something. I am really having to watch the food intake as I balloned to 12st 9 recently and then my personal trainer who helps keep my back strong had words with me and we set a target of 1 lb a week to my birthday in July as a minimum and that would take me from 12st 8 to 12 stone again which is not great but better than the weight I recently jumped to. He said if I lose more than a pound its a bonus but I must lose a pound each week. I think that is realistic and I am hoping that I manage it. Glad to hear you are both doing well and diva i like how you referred to the "swinging phase". I think I have been doing that since my birthday last year where I got down to 11st 8 and i felt confident and looked good in all my birthday photos. None of the photos made me cringe about my weight as they do now. So I think I seem to be in this swinging phase quite a lot. Heres hoping I can stay on track now and I dont want to be 12stone anything on my birthday in 6 weeks time. My personal trainer expects me to be at 12 stone bang on but I want to be 1 pound less at 11 stone 13lbs :) Diva I hope you manage to lose the few pounds you recently gained too and FB well done on your losses and I too would be proud in the classes of your overall success. Hugs xoxo

fso, we are the original 1lb week club anyway, so 1lb a week is good and what we have always aimed for each week so your trainer must know u so well. i think it is always hard to take a fresh look at yourself and think i weighed less than this at x time ago, look at me 10 st 11 last year before i went on holiday in july and let it slip and went back up to 12 st 3. if it was so easy no one would be heavy, it is a life long battle and it is hard work but will be so worth it in the long run.

your words help and make sense fb hugs x
I made it to 12stone 5lbs this week so at least its in the right direction. Lets see what next week brings for us all x

good fso it is indeed going in the right direction for you. reporting 1.5lbs off this week so 1 stone award at my new class. as well as walking to and from work every day mon-fri and my kettlebell class on a sunday morning, i have signed up for 6 x 1 hour boot camp type classes so will maybe start these next week.

wow - boot camp time! my personal trainer runs those and feels i should sign up but right now my backs really iffy so have to try and make better food choices - that is still a struggle

Hello,

Can I join you too please?

I too am a re starter after falling off the wagon! Well I gave birth to my Son in October 2010 and want to loose my baby weight and more! Im very determind this time and love a challenge but it would also be nice to share ideas and emotions with others in the same position, I have been to class before but if im honest I really would like to give it a go from home first to save some pennies! I have done slimming world before but I was alot younger, I mean im only 25 now but it was when I was at school, I lost 5 stone in 9 months so I know slimming world like the back of my hand! Its just having the motivation to stick to it! and this time im feeling very determind! Im fed up of looking in my wardrobe at all my pretty clothes, many still with tags on that dont fit! Im fed up of covering up all the time and wearing black baggy clothes to try to hide the lumps and bumps! So this is it! I would prefer for my weigh in day to be on a Monday, then im set for the week with hopefully a great result of a loss to spur me on! I would like to loose 2 stone. Look forward to hearing from you all and embarking on this journy together! We can do it! x

Hi TreaclePie !!! I WI on a Monday too, so you will see me popping in around then usually !!! I'm sticking a bit at the mo, but never ever really totally give up or my yoyo ing monster will be out of the cage and rampaging!!!!
You lost a lot of weight before, I bet you felt wonderful.......AND you will again !! Were you able to maintain it for awhile before regaining? Congrats on the birth of your little lad and your decision to be healthy and fit Mummy !!! Lots of luck !!!!

Diva x

Back