New Starter Completely

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
I have been doing slimming world for the past couple of weeks with the exception of a couple of days off now i am willing to through my self into it completely saving my syns for the weekends staying away from alcohol, i am however on the drug quetiapine i think this may slow hinder my losses but we shall see!
Only going to do red and green days though! Does any one know what is the difference between red green and original ? what is original?

As far a portions sizes go what do you suggest?

Last edited:
Hey, welcome and good luck.

As far as the drugs go, is one of the side effects increased appetite? If so, that is usually why another side affect is weight gain. If you find your appetite is increased or you're craving certain foods, do a quick search on here and you are almost certain to find some ideas for recipes to cook.

As far as portion sizes there isn't really a limit. Just make sure you weigh anything that needs weighing (syns and healthy extras) and only eat until you are satisfied (as opposed to full/stuffed) and if you're doing extra easy make sure 1/3 of all your meals are superfree. :)

Good luck and enjoy yourself. :D

Original and red are the same thing. Green is focussed on carbs and Red is protein based :)

Portions the motto is to fill up on free foods, so as long as its free you can eat as much as you need until you are satified, plus you have you healthy extras and syns.

Little Miss Determined said:
I have been doing slimming world for the past couple of weeks with the exception of a couple of days off now i am willing to through my self into it completely saving my syns for the weekends staying away from alcohol, i am however on the drug quetiapine i think this may slow hinder my losses but we shall see!
Only going to do red and green days though! Does any one know what is the difference between red green and original ? what is original?

Well done for throwing yourself into, but I wouldn't recommend saving all your syns for the weekend. You should aim to have atleast 5 a day so you don't feel deprived :) good luck with it xx

Have you looked into extra easy? I have been doing only extra easy since I started, and there is virtually no weighing or measuring. Red days you have to weigh any carbs and green any meats, so make sure you have a book/guide from somewhere to do that

Have you joined a group?

Good luck xx

Little Miss Determined said:

Am a bit confused! You say you are a new starter to sw, yet your sw food diaries date back to July last year! :confused:

I have been trying to do slimming world on and off yet never followed it properly this time i plan to do that!

Good Luck with it all...

Ive been doing it for seven weeks now and im totally stuck at 11.5 pounds. its such a pain in the back side.
I want to be skinny by summer :( You have any tips to share?? lol

Jayde

Back