new starter! here goes :)

hi everyone, this is my third day on atkins, maybe not a good idea to start whilst having a headcold! lol. i thought headaches were dragging out and not budging with painkillers, after reading some posts here maybe due to atkins flu? never mind, will endure. i am 45yrs old, cant remember not being on some kind of diet :( my starting weight as of sunday morning is OMG 18st 5lbs! :eek: fingers crossed this is the best decision i will ever make! X

Good luck Elaine, everyone on here is very supportive x

Hi Elaine and welcome love. Have you got the book and stuff?

yes jim i have the book albiet an old one, did consider but was dissuaded by anti atkins! but reading everyones posts and amazing weight losses am gonna prove them all wrong! this site is so positive and supportive! X

Don't listen to them, for the right people this is the best diet ever. I used the original '72 version of the book, it was stricter in many ways.

I don't tell people I'm on Atkins, funny how Low Carb is OK but Atkins is a killer.

Hello and welcome :)

You have certainly made a good choice -this diet does work, keep it simple and you will see the weight fall off, guaranteed.

Good luck :)

Well said Jim me the same just a low carb diet welcome

Stephen

Welcome!

I say low carb too or, alternatively, that I avoid sugar. People then admire your 'willpower' ha ha.

Hi and welcome,

I dont tell anyone I'm on Atkins had too many bad reactions from people who dont understand. Now I just tell people carbs dont agree with me and everyone seems happy with that.

Everyone is so supportive on here so dont be afraid to ask any questions you may have and I'm sure you'll do well x

Hi Elaine & welcome. NEVER say the 'A' word! It's always low carbing or ketogenic, lol. That throws them!

Good luck :D xx

hiya elaine!!!

and OMG you have Labrini in your name... you are my idol haha

we arent allowed lambrini on atkins though....too sweet :(

Hi Elaine, a fellow newbie here too. I have just come to the end of day 2, my head is starting to ache and I feeling a little bleugh:( But hopefully my ketostix will arrive tommorow and I can have fun testing hourly to see if I am yet ketogenic, lol.

Good luck.

empy

Back