NEW STARTER - JUST ORDERED IT!!

P..S.: Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Hey, Stevieo,
good to hear from you. I shall try your tip with the pasta, will keep you posted on my cooking adventures. You are right. Once I saw how little it was I added water to make the flavor go a bit longer. It was still a lot lot less than chomping on a cereal bar which I can take my time with as it doesn't go cold. Glad I only bought 10 pasta packs.
Bidding on some porridge on ebay, hope you're not. ;)
I've drunk a lot tonight so will empty my bladder and weigh myself then, don't think I can wait 'til the morning. Plus, if the weight loss isn't all that much I can tell myself it would've been much less if I had weighed myself in the morning! (Yes, I'm the queen of 'how to fool yourself').

I like your thinking....i've tried a bit of that "fool myself" this morning as did a mini weigh in before tomorrow & currently on -2lb for the week todate (9lb total) which is a bit disappointing especially when hubby has already lost 7lb since last weeks weigh in - he's currently done 19lb in just under 2 weeks!!! He was only meant to come on board as support & now he's putting me off cos I'm trying to compete & failing miserably!! :mad:

I did try explaining that the average loss is 14lb per month which I (guess) I'd still be on course for but blimey it's flaming hard to not get frustrated when I've got him lording about in his boxers in the morning!! lol

PS - no, still got quite a few porridges left! x

I know it's easy to say, but dont compare yourself to hubby, men lose MUCH faster than women on this diet, women's bodies just can't do that. My weight loss is also not coming off very quickly, 6lbs in the first week and only 2lbs so far this week but it's still going to be faster in the end than if I'd done WW or SW, I've got to keep remembering that.

I know it's easy to say, but dont compare yourself to hubby, men lose MUCH faster than women on this diet, women's bodies just can't do that. My weight loss is also not coming off very quickly, 6lbs in the first week and only 2lbs so far this week but it's still going to be faster in the end than if I'd done WW or SW, I've got to keep remembering that.

Thanks Jael for the reassurance....I'm trying to keep my expectations under check so I don't start feeling too disappointed & you're right ...I need to remind myself that I'm still making progress!!!

Hey girlies :)

Down with the dreaded lurgy today.....and I forgot to take my bar to work for lunch. So, it's been a good day :cry:

Haha, that's really funny that the two of you were bidding against each other....pack wars!! I watched the prog with the beef welly too...droooool. In fact, I've been watching loads of food progs....what's up with the self-torture?!?

It can take up to 3 days to start losing weight again after you've had a nibble, so don't worry steveio, you'll catch up with your man in no time! You're still shedding the pounds, that's all that counts.

Day 18 today for me....it's getting a wee bit more like a habit and the hunger pangs have gone....pheeeew! I don't want food......but I could murder a beer :p

Have a great rest of week y'all x

Yeah, I did end up stepping on those scales last night, I was down by just over 1lbs,2 more days to my official weekly WI, not sure if I should be happy or not but I figure a loss is a loss. :) Ans who knows, maybe my body is saving the big drop 'til the day before the WI. ;)

Don't compare yourself to your OH. Jael's right, men lose weight a lot quicker than us women. Maybe it's because our brains work better and men's brain need every single calorie that goes into their body to be able to function which means their bodies shrink just so their mind can work. I have no medical proof but my highly evolved scientific brain feels strongly about this. :D

Yeah, I did end up stepping on those scales last night, I was down by just over 1lbs,2 more days to my official weekly WI, not sure if I should be happy or not but I figure a loss is a loss. :) Ans who knows, maybe my body is saving the big drop 'til the day before the WI. ;)

Don't compare yourself to your OH. Jael's right, men lose weight a lot quicker than us women. Maybe it's because our brains work better and men's brain need every single calorie that goes into their body to be able to function which means their bodies shrink just so their mind can work. I have no medical proof but my highly evolved scientific brain feels strongly about this. :D

Ha Ha love it - I shall use that explanation in the morning on our WI...& if he carries on being cock sure about it then he'll get a :slap: !! lol
Today was the first day I actually felt quite hungry during the day & a bit weary come the evening. Think an early night is called for

Hope you're feeling better Clardie xx

I forgot about lunch and finally remembered at 2pm, but as it turned out I never had breakfast so I had a (not so nice) banana shake and in the eveing 2 vegetable soups in my biggest mug. What a nice treat! :) Still, stomach's rumbling... :/

My first week and a bit my stomach made really alarming noises but that seems to have settled down now. Or at least I hope it has.

It's been almost 2 weeks, you'd think it would stop complaining at some point, right? Hmph. Oh well, gonna survive it. ;)

The noise of my stomach actually woke me up the other night lol. And now while I'm thinking about it, it's doing it again, oh dear :)

:rotflmao: Best joke ever!

:rotflmao: Best joke ever!

Here's another one.....2lbs loss for week....rubbish considering I'm no longer eating bread, milk, crisps, biscuits, takeaways (apart from Sat nite!) no booze whatsoever & about 3 litres of water a day. Could do that eating flaming salads!! :sigh:

Oh & OH lost 7lb for the week so 19lb so far :censored:

Here's another one.....2lbs loss for week....rubbish considering I'm no longer eating bread, milk, crisps, biscuits, takeaways (apart from Sat nite!) no booze whatsoever & about 3 litres of water a day. Could do that eating flaming salads!! :sigh:

Oh & OH lost 7lb for the week so 19lb so far :censored:

Hun, 2lbs off is a decent result! I remember some weeks losing a 1lb and some weeks staying the same. It's really hard not to get caught up in the weeklies, but the end result is what matters. Just think what the total will be in another 8 weeks....then 12 weeks :) Keep at it....you're doing fab x

Oh, no, that's too bad, Stevieo, but I'm sure you'll 'recover' and make up for it next week. I have been thinking about moving onto salads and vegetable soups myself... ;)
Had my 2nd WI today, and I've lost another 2.2kg, which is not quite 5lbs. Happy with that, hope it continues!
I've been having a late breakfast (at 1 or 2pm) and then a double portion of soup for dinner in my big Starbucks mug. It fits half a litre and is perfect for it. Makes me feel like I've actually had something to eat. But it means I'm running out of my favorite vegetable soup fast. :/ Better get some....from ebay...don't be bidding against me, Stevieo. :)

Well done, Trickshot.

3lb off for me :)

A big woohoo for Clardie!! :)

Hello Ladies....was away working all day yesterday & didn't get home til late. Fab news both you two on your losses - well done Team G :0clapper:

Thanks also for the pep talk...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong (ish) to be honest as am sticking to the plan & drinking the water. Seems like some days I'm more in ketosis than others according to the piddle strips. I am trying to look at the long term picture, I guess I just hoped I'd have more of a drastic reaction to the complete turnaround on diet/alchohol intake levels. On the (small) plus side - I wore a winter coat yesterday which at Xmas I definitely couldn't do the button up on..in fact it didn't meet in the middle by a good 4-5 inches & now I can do it up - albeit the button would probably ping right off the moment I sat down in it but ...must be grateful for small mercies!! lol

Will be off radar slightly tomorrow as have my step daughter staying and..it's her 7th birthday. Already having to ignore the Hello Kitty cake which is currently sat in the kitchen plus we're planning on going to the safari park tomorrow - guess I'll be munching on my Exante bar in the cafe...can smell the burgers & chips already!! Mmmmmnnn.

Have a lovely weekend if I don't catch you later xx

Hey, Stevieo, rather than you putting some veg or meat or fish in your hubby's lunchbox, you should just put him on 4 packs of Exante a day. Should reduce the temptation - check out ExanteDreamer's Diary entries from tonight. :)

Back