New starter - some advice please

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
Hi all I'm starting the atkins today. I did it years ago but gave up after a couple of weeks as I was bored.
The only meat I eat is chicken, fish and bacon.
So you can imaine how boring it is. I love eggs, but don't know what to do with them to make them more interesting.
Any advice? I don't suppose quorn products are allowed with them being high in protein are they?
I need some ideas that are easy and quick please!

there are a coupld of ladies that are vegetarian here and they eat quorn...protein is good on atkins, its the carbs that are not.

check out the recipes thread for ideas for new meals....

my fav with eggs at the mo...devilled eggs mmmmm

Hi Kim and welcome to the board love.

Hi and welcome x

Hello and welcome. :)
Like everyone said, there's a sticky on the top of the page with loads of recipies. There's so much you can do with chicken. Fish is also really good, too. Obviously you know to keep up the water intake, very important as it flushes the toxins out, makes you feel full, boosts weight-loss and helps with water retention. Good luck! :)

Yes, you can eat quorn but not the products in batter or breadcrumbs. Just check the labels to make sure you don't go over your carb allowance for the day.

You can also eat tofu but I am not keen on that so I avoid it! It does make nice burgers and sausages but needs a lot of flavouring and seasoning.

I am vegetarian yet can still 'do Atkins' so with your greater selection of food choices you should be fine. Good luck!

Hiya :) There are loads of things you can do with those three things so never fear! As the others said there are tons of nice recipes and help and also links to other low carb recipe sites etc. Good Luck :)

Hi Kim,

I'm veggie too and eat Quorn. Just check the nutritional info religiously as the products vary enormously. The bacon is relatively low as is the mince (I can't remember the other stuff at the moment). You can check out all the info on the website.

Maxie

Thank you.. Can you use elmlea cream and is there a limit to how much? Ta

whats the carb count on the elmlea Kim?

Back