New Starter - Suffolk

Hi. I started the Cambridge Diet on 04/01/10 and am struggling with the hunger. Im distracting myself with ironing today, and drinking lots of black coffee with sweetner. Please someone tell me it gets easier, and if so, when?
x

Hi jazzmars14

I did CD last year. I started at about 14:2 (probably a couple of pounds heavier but did not get weighed until 5 days in to diet) and got down to 10:13.
I took a short break and have come back to lose the rest.
It gets much easier within the first week, ketosis will occur and you wont be hungry. It varies for each person - some folks report they are in ketosis by end of day 2, for others its 3 days or more. For me (and I appear to be unusual) its almost a week. You just need to keep busy, keep warm and drink plenty of fluids at sensible intervals.
Good Luck and tell us all what a fabulous loss you get at the end of the week!!

welcome and it does get easier once ketosis hits. I from suffolk too, which part are you i near lowestoft.

Ok so we're at the end of Day 2, and its not been to bad. I wanted to ask anyone a question: My counsellor said it was ok for me to have a microwave/oven meal as close to 200 cals as possible, as thats what she does as she doesnt have time to cook and faff around weighing things.........I am a single working mum, so have just had a weightwatchers 302 cal meal. Suppose Ill see on Saturday when I weigh in. Ive still got another 1 litre to drink before bed....
PARISBEACH - Im from Newmarket, near Cambridge. We used to come down to Lowestoft all the time as my parents had a caravan at the Haven Site at Hopton.
xx

Hi :) Well done on getting to day 2 !

I personally wouldnt have a micro meal...as it prob will contain carbs..... of some sort..and this will stop you from getting into ketosis....which will stop you from feeling UNhungry.. not a good idea im my book! lol

Just have an extra shake if your hungry? thats what i do x

hi girls im from bury st edmunds really trying to be good but had meal and only one shake today and dont want the other 3, just wish i was in ketosis already x good luck

How strange, if my geography is correct, we are all in the Essex (I have an Essex postcode) sweeping up to East Anglia patch. Then again, geography has never been my strong point if I am wrong, ha ha!

I too would be careful about the microwave meal. I have 4 packs a day which really helps. I somehow believed that I could drink diet coke when I tried CD last July, I lasted 7 days and had to give up because the hunger was dreadful - so you really do need to be careful about what you have, best of luck x

How strange, if my geography is correct, we are all in the Essex (I have an Essex postcode) sweeping up to East Anglia patch. Then again, geography has never been my strong point if I am wrong, ha ha!

I too would be careful about the microwave meal. I have 4 packs a day which really helps. I somehow believed that I could drink diet coke when I tried CD last July, I lasted 7 days and had to give up because the hunger was dreadful - so you really do need to be careful about what you have, best of luck x

yes we are blingbabe by the looks of it.

Blingbabe- my cdc said if i desperate for a cola, to have a pepesi max but make sure it not more than 2 a week, because of carbs i have done that when i felt i needed it, i need some pleasure.lol

I not heard about having a micro meal i do have chicken salad from time to time, and have told my CDC that if i really hungry i will add beetroot to it, she said that a better option than blowing out altogether.

Ok day 3 for me. Got on the scales yesterday and was disappointed, but got on them this morning and have amazingly lost 2lb overnight. It does give you the spur to carry on. Ive had 2 shakes already, nearly a litre of water, and longing for my dinner later. Im going to check with my CDC about the microwave meals, but if ive lost weight, Ill continue.
Em x

Back