Extra Easy Days New starter support

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
I'm a new starter I've roughly 5 stone to loose from 15stone.
My first week I've lost 5lb. But I've been here at this point before how do I get my head into it being long term, 4-6-8-12 months seems such a long time away. Any advice or support would be wonderful.

I think you just need to focus on the next week. Long term is too much for me to contemplate. Before you know it a month will have gone past. Great start by the way! I am aiming for 4 stone, my problem has always been that after a few months I feel slim, tho in reality I'm not!

Great loss so far.

I can totally relate to both your posts. I too have 5 stone to lose and I too can't quite get my head around how long it will take. As Judimac has said, take it 1 week at a time. That's what I've been trying to do. Concentrate on the week ahead.

Yes definately just concentrate on little steps. Half a stone, stone, and bit by bit your tap will drip more and more water into the bucket until its full. Once you see it coming off and others notice this will spur you on further. And one day you will get on the scales and you will have achieved target!!!! You will do this :) And we are all here to help.

Mrscadbury keep posting so we can help each other. :) good when someone has similar loss makes journey easier if you'd like.
I can't believe how supportive people on here are. I'm taking one meal and one week at a time. I'm a single mummy and my mum has given me a babysit and a spa night away (just the baby sit) is a massive treat for me. At my 3 stone goal to keep my attention focussed. I'm so ready to do this.

It is hard when you have a lot to lose but you've made a great start! Just chip away at it and take little victories as they come, like your half stone awards. I had just under 8 stone to lose when I started, now I have 2st 9lbs to go and it is starting to feel like I can actually do it! When you have your stats in the box on here and sudden realise that 'weight lost' is higher than 'weight left to lose'.... well, it's a pretty magical feeling!

Keep going and build on that fab start - you can do it! x

Wow missy that's excellent, I've put this off for over a year thinking what's point it's to far to reach but unless you do the first day, first week and month you won't ever get to the goal week. :) it helps to be able to talk about it for me anyway

Wow missy that's excellent, I've put this off for over a year thinking what's point it's to far to reach but unless you do the first day, first week and month you won't ever get to the goal week. :) it helps to be able to talk about it for me anyway

Exactly - that first day will always be the hardest and you've done it now so just keep on moving! And keep talking too - everyone will make sure you're well looked after on here. :)

Thank you so much it's made going from first week and giving up turn into more and more motivated. I've done hard part my withdrawals have gone, aches and headaches gone hunger pangs are none existent on this :)

Back