new starter tonight what to buy and cost of joining

SARAHP

Silver Member
Hi im going to join sw tonight at meeting and wonder how much it currently is to join and what I need to buy basics to get me started tomorrow! Any help appreciated to save the whale!!!

Hi im going to join sw tonight at meeting and wonder how much it currently is to join and what I need to buy basics to get me started tomorrow! Any help appreciated to save the whale!!!

I think its 15 quid Total and there isnt much special stuff ya need frylite, Lean meat. Pasta potatoes Rice veg fruit etc you prob have Alot of stuff you will need already xxx

thanks ive not much in at minute tried get rid of all the crap ready have got frylite n potatoes so will get chicken n few basics just so ive good start tomorrow x

I'm a newbie to SW too, just wanted to pop on and say best of luck with it! We have about the same weight to lose and I have a baby who is 14 months!

Hello Sarahhp

Good luck

is your consultant called Jules? if so she is brilliant x

Fry light is very useful, plenty of fruit and veg, stock cubes and I wouldn't be with out muller lights! And curly wurlys are a saver at only 6 syns each (if you like chocolate)

Some of the books are good too, I love the Curry heaven and the all in one pot books but you can get a lot of the recipes on the slimming world website x

It depends what you like to eat!! Extra lean mince is good if there's a 3 for £10 offer on, spag bol home made burgers shepherds pie :) chicken is always good, pasta, rindless bacon and low syn sausages (sainsburys be good to yourself cumberland ones 1/2 syn each!! As are weight watchers ones). Also wholemeal bread or cereals, fruit and veg. Batchelors rices and mugshots if you would like to eat them. We go through a lot of eggs in this house too! :) x

It depends what you like to eat!! Extra lean mince is good if there's a 3 for £10 offer on, spag bol home made burgers shepherds pie :) chicken is always good, pasta, rindless bacon and low syn sausages (sainsburys be good to yourself cumberland ones 1/2 syn each!! As are weight watchers ones). Also wholemeal bread or cereals, fruit and veg. Batchelors rices and mugshots if you would like to eat them. We go through a lot of eggs in this house too! :) x

We go through Alot of eggs too they are a fab brekkie and save the h extras for later in day

I always have loads of different herbs, spices, passatta, tinned toms and tom puree, there you have your base for loads of recipes.

Good luck with it all! I find as long as I have good cupboard basics like pasta, rice, herbs and spices, and some lean meats (always bought on special offers and frozen) plus plenty of fruit and veg, then I have everything I need to follow the plan!

I also agree about eggs, one if my favourite lunches is full English with two poached eggs, tinned toms, lean bacon, mushrooms and beans, plus I can have two sainsburys be good to yourself Cumberland sausages for only 1 syn (0.5 each)! Very filling, feels like a treat and people can't believe you can eat that and still be losing weight.

Ooh, guess what I'm having for lunch today now, I've put myself right in the mood for it!

I restarted on Monday myself so fingers crossed the scales are nice to us both next week !

Thanks everyone, no leader is caroline at carlton meeting. Ive bought few bits had omelette with mushroom n onion n bacon for brekkie, turkey salad sarnie dinner and got a quorn chilli in slow cooker for tea today. Had a rocky road bar after my sarnie and there lush!!! And im 1 litre of no sugar dilute down to help flush the system but no pop is killing me but trying to cut down even though have diet x

Back