New starter!!!

Totally agree with you about the bread - although my weakness is the seeded stuff
I have only had one slice since starting sw four weeks ago - would definitely go off the rails if I ate it regularly
Been having wm pitta as an alternative but just not the same
Good luck this week and here's to further weight loss

becki22 said:
Yeah it was good, I think it helps to have a blow out now and then!!!

Sorry your not having a great time at the mo, but try and look at the positives, you know where your going wrong so you can stop/change that and you are looking at your week off as the time to do this!! Sometimes life gets in the way of our progress which can make you either give up Yet another diet (in my case anyway) or you recognise what your doing look at how to change it draw a line an start a fresh!! It sounds to me your already doing the latter one!!! Just remember to not beat your self up about it!! If your starting again on say Monday you have two days to get yourself ready for that but just make sure your mentally prepared for a gain at weigh in!!! I'm not condoning what I done but when having my blow out I thought while I am doing this im going to have the one thing that has been driving me mad over the last couple of weeks and that is white bread toasted with lots of butter!! I know you can have that on plan if you syn it but my trouble is I can't seem to stop once I start with so I just don't have it!! Turns out that although I enjoyed it, it wasn't quite as delicious as I'd been imagining over the last few weeks so I only had 1 1/2 slices!!!

I presume your 4 week sts is down to your * which I'm sure you know it prob isn't going to change so you just have to accept it!! Easier said then done I know!!!

Hope you have a great week off, not just on plan but what ever your doing with your time xx

I've meal planned for the week starting today and have had my slow cooker on the go since yesterday making bulk meals to last the week including speed soup so we shall see if it does what it says on the tin!
I know what you mean about the toast, I often find that the thought of something is so much better than the reality and I try (and often fail, but I keep trying!) to remind myself of this when I get a mad craving for something!
My 4 week sts is actually about a week and a half after *week, but at least its consistent! I know I can't change that but if I stay to plan I usually lose the following week but won't do this week. I am going to go along to group and weigh in tomorrow night knowing I will have a gain, but feel positive about it as I know what's done is done and I can't change that now. At least I've already started on a good track for the following weeks weigh in and that's what matters.

Seeing your other news about the puppy how exciting! What breed is he? Def good for exercise too :) xx

Purple Patsy said:
I'm having a go at a fresh start again. Trying to focus on other things as well as food though cos the food is so linked to mood and mood is low TBH so multiangle attack is required. I will keep trying though. :)

And try is all we can do!!! There is a lot to be said for positive mental attitude!! I wish we could buy it in a bottle lol!

Good luck this week, I am slowly making my way through your diary but I am waiting till I get to the end before I comment on it!!! X

6lauraha said:
Totally agree with you about the bread - although my weakness is the seeded stuff
I have only had one slice since starting sw four weeks ago - would definitely go off the rails if I ate it regularly
Been having wm pitta as an alternative but just not the same
Good luck this week and here's to further weight loss

Thank you, yes pitta def not the same!! Hope your doing alright on plan :) good luck this week x

ScarlettStar86 said:
I've meal planned for the week starting today and have had my slow cooker on the go since yesterday making bulk meals to last the week including speed soup so we shall see if it does what it says on the tin!
I know what you mean about the toast, I often find that the thought of something is so much better than the reality and I try (and often fail, but I keep trying!) to remind myself of this when I get a mad craving for something!
My 4 week sts is actually about a week and a half after *week, but at least its consistent! I know I can't change that but if I stay to plan I usually lose the following week but won't do this week. I am going to go along to group and weigh in tomorrow night knowing I will have a gain, but feel positive about it as I know what's done is done and I can't change that now. At least I've already started on a good track for the following weeks weigh in and that's what matters.

Seeing your other news about the puppy how exciting! What breed is he? Def good for exercise too :) xx

You see your def getting into the right frame of mind!! There is a saying that goes 'if you fail to plan you plan to fail' which I still struggle to do day in day out but I think it is true!! We all know how well it works when we plan!!!

He is a border collie, we've named him ozzy!! I can't wait to see our little boy face when he sees him!! It's a total surprise for him :) We took my brothers dogs out today for a few hours after a my sons rugby festival so been stood up/walking all day today! It's been great :)

I hope you have a really good week, it certainly sounds like your ready to face it fighting!! Let me know how it's going!! Xx

I am doing fine apart from an unexplained gain of one and a half pounds this week, this prompted me to start my diary on here
Hope the scales balance out this week, hoping for three pounds as been 100% on plan and done loads of exercise
Will keep an eye on your diary and see how you are doing

Purple Patsy said:
Gosh my diary will certainly send you to sleep. I really wouldn't bother. :)

Haha, I'm sure it's not as boring as mine!!! I get paranoid that it's all about me but then I have to remind mysel that is what a diary is haha!!

Well after what I thought was a good week and I even feel slimmer (I know this must mean inches) I have managed to put 1/2 lb on :( I have no explanation for it apart from maybe I haven't been as good as I thought!! I'm not going to dwell on it otherwise it will push me on the downward spiral I've been down soooo many times before!!! Fingers crossed I can be extra good this week and see a lose on Monday although I have got a night out on sat so god knows :(

becki22 said:
Well after what I thought was a good week and I even feel slimmer (I know this must mean inches) I have managed to put 1/2 lb on :( I have no explanation for it apart from maybe I haven't been as good as I thought!! I'm not going to dwell on it otherwise it will push me on the downward spiral I've been down soooo many times before!!! Fingers crossed I can be extra good this week and see a lose on Monday although I have got a night out on sat so god knows :(

Glad you have kept positive about it, sometimes there really is no rhyme or reason for it! We gain weeks we think we should lose and vice versa! All you can do is know you've been 100% and stick with it. If you continue to be 100% on plan (and flexi syns if you need them are part of the plan as long as they are only occasional, or better still stay within.your syns) the weight will come off. It might feel like the scenic route at times but I know that I certainly would rather take the long way round and get to my destination than take shortcuts and not end up where I want to be. Xx

ScarlettStar86 said:
Glad you have kept positive about it, sometimes there really is no rhyme or reason for it! We gain weeks we think we should lose and vice versa! All you can do is know you've been 100% and stick with it. If you continue to be 100% on plan (and flexi syns if you need them are part of the plan as long as they are only occasional, or better still stay within.your syns) the weight will come off. It might feel like the scenic route at times but I know that I certainly would rather take the long way round and get to my destination than take shortcuts and not end up where I want to be. Xx

Now who is being brilliantly positive?!! :)

becki22 said:
Now who is being brilliantly positive?!! :)

;) I'm not so good at being so positive when its me in that position though! Something I def need to try and do more! Have had a fairly good week, but a few off plan evenings due to long standing booked events. Now for the self positivity- what's done is done, tomorrow is a new day/week :) night night xx

Hi Becki22.
Welcome to SW and I am glad to see that you are doing well dispite your troubles, keep the good work up!
I do a weekly food menu and try to stick to it, It's good to look at it to see what works for you and what doesn't.
I agree with the comments about something you used to enjoy but now has lost it's charm! I wanted a kebab but when I had it I ended throwing it away as it was greasy and my stomach reacted against it! But that's what you want, it's telling you that you don't need all this junk food.....
I try to stick to E easy as I find it suits me and I lost weight for over 30+ weeks in a row!
Good Luck with your quest and remember we are all doing the same thing for the same reason so if you need help, ask!!
Pete

bilsat said:
Hi Becki22.
Welcome to SW and I am glad to see that you are doing well dispite your troubles, keep the good work up!
I do a weekly food menu and try to stick to it, It's good to look at it to see what works for you and what doesn't.
I agree with the comments about something you used to enjoy but now has lost it's charm! I wanted a kebab but when I had it I ended throwing it away as it was greasy and my stomach reacted against it! But that's what you want, it's telling you that you don't need all this junk food.....
I try to stick to E easy as I find it suits me and I lost weight for over 30+ weeks in a row!
Good Luck with your quest and remember we are all doing the same thing for the same reason so if you need help, ask!!
Pete

Thanks for your good words!!! Wow 30 weeks that is amazing!! How much have you lost in total??

ScarlettStar86 said:
;) I'm not so good at being so positive when its me in that position though! Something I def need to try and do more! Have had a fairly good week, but a few off plan evenings due to long standing booked events. Now for the self positivity- what's done is done, tomorrow is a new day/week :) night night xx

Did you gain like you thought??? It's always easier being positive about someone else's situation :)

becki22 said:
Did you gain like you thought??? It's always easier being positive about someone else's situation :)

Yep, 3lbs on. Stayed to group and consultant and everyone else was fab and made me see that had I not have planned the meals o could control so strictly it would have been much worse. Xx

Back