New starter!!

Ohh I forgot about eggs being ok, think ill have to buy some tomorrow to keep in for times I feel like this! I can't stop shaking! Had a couple of slices of chicken instead of my third meal this evening, just couldn't stomach any of the meals! Hopefully will feel ok tomorrow!

Ooh brill, that's good then!! Won't be long till we're skinny Minnie's ;) I totally forgt it was bank holiday, I've worked every one for 7 years so they don't mean a lot to me! Lol! x

I started Monday and today has been hell for me. Splitting headaches, dizzyness and unable to concentrate.
As someone who's done this before I can guarantee it gets a lot easier after the first week and the results are enough to keep you going.
We will keep going!

Yeah I'm not going to give up!! I feel like I've got an awful hangover without having the fun of the night before, lol! Feel better after eating a bit of chicken! Hopefully will feel less sick to eat my meals tomorrow and I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on! x

I've felt exactly the same today, least there's someone else going through it too! There's quite a bit of stuff you can eat whilst remaining in Ketosis. I had some ham and egg with courgette and green pepper this evening.
Going to try move onto just the shakes and bars after week one.
We can do it!

Headaches still there today, plenty of paracetamol and caffeine tablets today should see me through. Really hope this is gone by Friday night as I'm off camping for the weekend.

Why the caffeine tablets?

They're paracetamol and caffeine tablets combined from asda. I can't really stand black coffee, especially from the machines at work!
Will buy some cans of coke zero next week to keep me going and hopefully won't be needing painkillers anymore.

Just wondering why you need caffeine at all? Is it medical?

Don't need it really but I usually drink a lot of coffee so replacing it with tablets for now.
After the headaches have gone I intend to move off the paracetamol and evening meal. I just find it makes the first few days slightly more bearable.

Ah I see! Sorry just wondered, you're probably best off without the caffeine anyway if you can :)

Yeah, I'm buzzing from it right now!
Helping me through the day.
Yesterday I had no painkillers and it was definitely the hardest day so far.
Day four today and going strong, will just use the caffeine today then try to get away from it from tomorrow.

Even high strength cocodamol didn't help my headache yesterday.....in fact they probably made me more lightheaded!! Feel better this morning though! No headache and don't feel as nauseas but dreading eating for some reason! Most of the packs I've got are so full of flavour that I don't think my stomach can take it today....think I'll stick to shakes x

I've always found that a combination of ibuprofen and paracetamol works better than cocodamol but you can't really take ibuprofen on an empty stomach.
Definitely feeling better today.

Yeah I normally take ibuprofen and had been at the start of the diet....but I'd ran out and there was no way I could walk to the shop the way I was feeling!!

Glad you're feeling better today :)

No I'm on day 6, and my head is fine this afternoon! I've just take the dog for a 20 minute walk and it made me go a bit lightheaded but now I've got back and had some water I feel ok! Still haven't got much energy though, I was walking for about 4 minutes and could feel my calves and knees aching, I'm used to running 5k at the gym but I'm not quite there yet!! x

I've felt a lot better today, think that might be partially down to having bought some paracetamol last night!
I've been walking for half hour each day and actually feel full of energy.
Real test comes this weekend, camping with the lads and all the temptation that comes with that!

Well ive finally reached Day 7 and im so proud of my little self! Ive stuck though feeling absolutely rubbish and am now reaping the benefits with a half a stone loss today!! Still not sure if im actually in ketosis yet as im waiting for my little sticks to arrive in the post but im sure ill get there eventually! Had another bad headache this evening but went away with some ibuprofen and 3 pints of water! Hope everyone is doing ok with their week x

Well done for reaching day 7 and 7lb loss! I'm on day 5 days and had the most horrible day yesterday and nearly ordered food! But this morning I'm showing a 6lb loss so I'm glad I didn't :)

Here's to us completing our journey :)

Thanks charliemae! Day 5 was the absolute worst for me as well!! I dont know how ive managed to get to day 7 with all the tempatation i have where i live. In the same street there is a greggs, 3 pizza shops, 2 indians, 1 chinese, 3 chip shops and 1 carribean takeaway shop!! Its like torture but the results ive had this first week are driving me on for week 2!! Well done on the 6lbs....it feels so good doesnt it?! xx:)

Back