New Starters. Roll on up!!

Sounds like you're doing it right to me hun :) I struggled to eat enough when i moved over from cd but after a week or so i was doing ok. It kind of becomes natural really... I only tend to weigh out the heavy vegs to work out the carb count and i just guess with the salad things as they tend to be quite low. Will help you get used to how much you need though and working out what carbs they equate to. Just make sure you're getting your veg carbs in, not over doing cheese or cream n you'll be fine :)

hi all! im sort of a newbie, i did LL last year successfully, then after my miracle pregnancy i have gained it all back, worth every pound tho! u can see my gorgous beautiful baby boy in my album, hez so yum! so now he is 12 weeks old i decided to start the cambridge diet as it seemed very like LL but on day 2 yesterday i gave in and had chicken with salad. after looking through all the threads, i came across atkins and it didnt take me long to realise that i think iv found the perfect solution to my weight issues! and here i am!!

i am going shopping tonight for my 'atkins' food and will officially start tmrw but as i am already in ketosis, im sure the trasition wil be fine. i have the usual 'atkins flu' symptoms, but am feeling positive that will soon go.

i cant wait to get posting and gettin to know u all! u all seem to be doing so great, hope i dont let the team down!!!!!

xxxx

Hey there sarah and welcome :) congrats on the new baby by the way. I agree with you gaining the weight for baby for sure was worth it and words prob can't express how you feel...

Atkins and low carbing has worked for me. I dont follow the atkins diet to a T but I do watch and count my carbs and also keep an eye on my calories. It has worked for me so welcome and good luck..

welcome and good luck chaps :)

i think you guys will transition just fine with being in ketosis already. no worries :D

abz xx

Hi Sarah, we can encourage each other, congratulations on the lovely babe too! Don't you have to be a bit careful dieting if you're breast feeding?

How soon is it likely to take me to get into Ketosis?

I still can't believe how full I feel, had a burger, with cheese sprinkled on top and more salad, followed by another coffee and cream! I'm feeling a bit porky to be honest around the tum, but hope it's all ok. This just doesn't feel like a diet, it's a bit worrying.:(

All sounds good to me hun :) So long as the burgers weren't too carby? If you're feeling full most the time then you could well be on your way to the big K hun.. hopefully you'll get the lovely energy surge that some people get too and then you'll pretty much know for sure you're in it. It's hard to say how long as it varies with everybody.. eg, how many carbs are in your system to burn off, how much you're drinking etc... But i'd say once you get the feeling of wellness n are feeling fuller for longer then you'll more than likely be in it :) You could always test with Ketostix if you have any but they're not always such a great guide to go by and either just confirm what you already know that you're in ketosis or worry people they're not when they don't show on the sticks yet not everyone does show..

i have a blotchy tummy :(

we've changed our washing powder and washed our sheet in it, so i'm hoping it's that. am keeping an eye on it through the day and if it doesn't go away it looks like it's the docs for me again...

this sucks!!

Morning all,

Hi Sarah and welcome love. You won't let us down, it's not like that her :)

You know Bess, that's exactly how I felt when I started Atkins, I kept thinking, "This can't be a diet!" but I stuck with it and once I could see I was losing weight I was convinced.

sorry to hear that abz.. hope you feel better :hug99:

Bess prob coming off a mostly liquid based diet then going to a low carb atkins diet I can see why you think it does feellike a diet since you are eating loads of food. But it does work and we are proof that it does. You'll get use to it, just hang in there.. you know not all diets is where you dont eat or eat very little is how to lose weight. That's why Im glad that there are many different diets out there for people to choose from and pick the one that suits them.

Hi, I started Atkins nearly 2 weeks ago, and I think its working, I have lost 5lb so far but not sure whether that is from atkins diet or me just not eating bread. This is what I have most days, is this right??

B. Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
Snack: Babybel and a slice of ham
L. Salad with chicken
D.Gammon and Fried egg or Burger with cheese and Salad
Snack. Jelly and whipped cream

Drinks. Diet orange fanta and sugar free cordial

Does this sound right. I am looking for meal ideas.

Hi Eddie and welcome mate. Take a look at the stickie I posted at the top of this forum titled "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" that will give you a heads up.

Technically you're eating too much processed meat for induction, but I won't quibble about that.

Thanks so much guys, I'm glad you are reassuring me because it feels as though I could be blowing all the good work I've done at the moment! Now I know I'm not.
I think it would help me if I post on here what I am eaing each day, just 'til I get5 the hang of it. If you don't mind please comment, just to help me along?

Breakfast:
2 rashers of bacon, 2 fried eggs, one fried yellow pepper. Black redbush tea. OK so far?

Looks OK Eddie.

There is a "What are we eating today thread" mate. Go read tht.

Remember though, when I post that I'm on maint, so not everything I would eat is legal yet for you.

That'd be a good idea for Eddie as well Laura, well done.

yes Eddie and Bess just post and people will take a look and make suggestions or comments. I look at the what I'm eating threads as they are good ideals for meals :)

Back