New Starters. Roll on up!!

thanks for the advice

Right i will stick off the sodas (they help when im craving something sweet :sigh:) I am drinking lots of water though so that should help. I had cheesy eggs for brekkie and cheddar soup for lunch..got chicken and veg in store for dinner and have an atkins choc bar for desert wooop!! feel better soon!!!

what is the cheddar soup recipe? sounds interesting. is it actually nice?

i haven't had to run to the loo again yet, so hopefully i'm all good, although i haven't felt the need to eat anything since then either. had brekkie at about 10ish so i guess i've broken the rules a wee bit today, but to be honest i can't bring myself to eat just yet.. .i have some bits of pepper i may nibble on, and maybe a bit of feta. my day may turn out to be rather cheesy againi today. and i may get an egg fu yung if the work chaps get chinese later, but that will mean i'll have had a very eggy day, maybe it will help bung me up :D

abz xx

well, i'm here again. It's rather slow at work tonight. nobody has broken anything as of yet so i'm pootling through some project work. But nobody expects miracles on an evening shift...

i have eaten too much cheese again today!! and there's an egg fu yung on the menu later tonight i think. mmm.

abz xx

Hey ya'all - not having a good day. Have no idea why, but having a real carb crave moment. Why? I have absolutely no bloomin idea. Been on CD for a couple of months, so really thought I'd kicked the carb habit, but put a bit of 'real' food in front of me - and am I satisfied......NO...WTF.

Have succumbed to a few biccies, a packet of crisps and some nuts (think the nuts aren't so bad, as not salted and only a handful). Am megga peed off with myself. Don't expect any weight loss this week - still struggling to eat 3 meals, not eating enough veg and definitely not drinking enough water.

Am so tempted to default back to what I know, as I still have around 3 weeks worth of CD stuff. But I am so convinced low carb is the way forward - just not convinced that I am ready to control my eating.

Having a right stressy time at work and issues at home doesn't help - but maybe that's just an excuse.

I keep reading the Atkins, Low Carb threads to stay motivated and I know that we all have good and bad days - so am "keeping it real". Glad I've got somewhere to vent a little and get my head back in gear.

Last edited:
oh babes. i'm sorry that you're finding it difficult. when i came off cd i fell face down in all the things i wasn't supposed to have, despite my determination to keep things low carb...

but i can't return to cd as it messes my hormones up too much and i want to get pregnant, so it's onto normal low-carbing as that's never bothered me as much. i have struggled to eat properly today as i'm not hungry, which is a good thing in some ways, but not in others.

it will get easier for you honey. maybe make yourself lots of little bits to graze on throughout the day. you will find it easier to eat your allowances throughout the day if you don't have to eat big meals. i had a box of chopped up pepper today in strips that i could nibble on and i had mushrooms with my breakfast and i'll be having more veg later on to get my carbs in.

abz xx

Thx Abz - wise words and appreciated. Just feelin a bit sorry for myself - too be honest, not food related - just some sh**t going on is all. You must find it hard doing lates, or nights - which I'm assuming you do coz you're still at work - so I can hardly complain.

I don't want to go back to CD really, because as much as I know it works and I will always be grateful for the support I got from my fabulous CD counsellor. I know I have to work out how to eat to loose and maintain weight loss (so I must be patient and roll with it).

Hope the evening / night goes well for you :)

well i work two evenings every three weeks, so it's hardly a big deal. i'm here until 11pm and then i have tomorrow off :)

Enjoy your day off Abz. I'll carry on decorating - is my last week until the new year, not had a real holiday at all this year and feeling a bit jaded....but needs must (as they say).

Thanks Laura - good advice. It's funny really - I thought to myself once I'd decided to stop CD (and having read lots on low-carbing) that I'd be in 'food heaven'. But instead am finding it hard to eat. I am sure that i'll get my head around it - just maybe chose the wrong time to start.. but start I have and I shall persevere.

I've got the Neris and India book which gives you a step by step food plan to follow in the first few weeks, so maybe I'll do that. Their first couple of weeks follows the Atkins 20g carb philosophy - so maybe that'll help me get going, whilst i get my head around the whole 'eating' thing :)

i can't remember if i said on here but i put on my size 18s this morning and they were TIGHT!! like, are you sure you wouldn't rather wear your baggy size 20s tight... and they used to be really loose...

hopefully a month or two on atkins will get me back to where i was pre-wedding. a year of cd and low carbing and i undo the majority of it in two months of wedding preps and honeymoon. it's astonishing how fast weight goes back on as i haven't been mega binging on a regular basis or anything... can't wait to get the ruddy things off and go to bed... aaaah. pillows :D

Morning all,

abz, I do wonder if once you've done low carb you become very carb prone, I don't quite know how to phrase this, but I can put weight back on astonishingly fast if I have a carb binge, much faster than back when I was getting fat. I'm amazed at how quickly my body can turn carbs into fat these days. I have a theory that maybe doesn't make much sense but here goes. Originally as hunter gatherers we would be generally eating meat, leaves and berries so carbs were very thin on the ground, however come late autumn there would be seeds from grasses and stuff available and I believe that this would be turned into fat to help us get over the winter shortages abz. Does that make sense or is it utter nonsense love.

Makes sense to me Jim for sure.. :)

Domino if it's any help to you hun, when i came of CD i struggled to 'eat' again. I'd been on ss+ for just over 3 months when i made the move over. I started off having dodgy tummys for a while and not being able to eat hardly anything at all. It does take time to get your body back to the way of eating. And it is certainly hard to avoid the carbs we crave! I still crave these things to this day. I like you have about 2-3 weeks supply of CD products left over. I have loads of the sachets and about 20 tetras still sat on my fridge shelf all chilled n ready to go. When i have a not too good week on atkins, either a STS week or a slight gain week i have thought about just using them up. Partly because i feel bad that i've paid about £2 a pack and they're just sitting there and partly because like you said, it's easy and we know it works. However, i've got through it and they're still sitting there looking at me. Atkins works if you stick to it, just the same as CD does. It is certainly more difficult as you have to be more controlled i think but then it's easier in that you can eat. You've done the right thing in coming on here and venting your frustrations hun, that's what i do on my diary thread every now and again when it's needed. Keep mucking in there (Lincolnshire phrase there!) gal... :)

hey there everyone. it really does make sense jim. and it's astonishing how quickly it went back on as it took years to get there the first time and a couple of months the second... but hopefully it will come off fairly fast :)

i still haven't quite got the hang of this. i'm keeping my carbs low, but i don't think i'm getting enough veg, other than mushrooms which i seem to have a thing for at the moment and the odd pepper to nibble on. and i'm not eating every four hours (is it four hours he says to eat?)...

i'm hungry for the first time in ages this morning and am wondering whether i've somehow overdone the carbs last night, but i don't see how, or whether i just didn't eat enough yesterday which is possible...

sitting here with my decaff filter coffee doing it's thing in the cafetiere. can't wait to get into it :D ha.

abz xx

Morning abz love. I seem to recall something about every 4 hours, I just snacked occasionally between meals back then, don't feel the need now though love.

well my trip to tesco to get breakfast has been put on hold as i need to wait for anothing member of staff to turn up and he's coming in later as he isn't feeling great... am drinking my coffee though and it seems to be going down nicely :)

can't believe i'm on day five already... don't feel like i've lost masses but glad to have gotten through the worst of the carb hangover. still haven't got a whoosh of energy though. i still feel very lethargic...

The energy whoosh can take a week or so sometimes abz love.

oh I don't know, some people would pay good money for that feeling abz. ;)

ha, some would jim... some would... but i'm trying to concentrate at work and it aint easy, ha.

speaking of which, you don't seem to be working too hard right now either :D

Big sales meeting on today abz, they are all in the academy hall. I've set up the projectors and the sound system so now they're leaving me alone. :D

sounds good jim :D

nobody has broken anything here yet today so i am pootling through some coding research. i don't think we can do what has been asked of us, but it has been asked so of course, i must do...

Back