Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

That's fab well done. I have lost 1.8kg over the Xmas and NY period.

Determined to get back on track now properly. Wedding in 30 days.

Everyone's support has really helped me on here thank you so much.

I have 7kg to lose in 30 days woop woop. We can do this

Xxx

First WI done, I lost 12lbs - would have liked more but NYE got in the way. I'm astounded by a loss of 23 inches in 25 days though, wow! Weddingdieter - any news?

Well done that's fantastic!!!

That's fab well done. I have lost 1.8kg over the Xmas and NY period.

Determined to get back on track now properly. Wedding in 30 days.

Everyone's support has really helped me on here thank you so much.

I have 7kg to lose in 30 days woop woop. We can do this

Xxx

Well done! You can easily lose your 7kg if you put your mind to it and what greater motivation than your wedding!

Woohoo! 12 pounds off - over Christmas! :clap: I think I may have put 12 pounds on over Christmas {shakes head woefully ;)) Well done you!

Okay, have I always been overweight?

Well, for as long as I can remember, really. But I wasn't a particularly big baby - just over 6lbs despite being a fortnight late. My mother swore she got her dates right. And I was a skinny fussy little thing as a small child. Which I think is where the rot set in, cos my Mum was happy if I ate anything at all, never mind about whether it was a particularly healthy option. The annual family holiday snaps tell the story though. Up until I was 7 there was nothing to me. But there are photos of me aged 8 in a bikini with a little bit of a belly. :rolleyes: And by the time I was 10 and puberty was kicking in, I was a chubby little thing.

But my Mum was always on a diet. Always always. :( She did a version of the Cambridge Diet way back in the early 1980s (that I remember that tells you something, LOL) but didn't last very long on it. Anyway, I think she was really scared that she would have a fat daughter (my sister was always petite and dainty) so by the time I was 10 she was restricting my food intake. That didn't work out so well because I'd just go and buy sweets in secret from the local sweetshop and scoff the lot (I learned from an early age that my Dad had a habit of dropping change over the bedroom floor when he changed his trousers so I could always find a few coins :D) or creep into the kitchen and cram slices of bread in my gob as quietly as I could. I've often wondered whether if she'd just let me carry on having the same desserts and packets of crisps as everyone else (and not make me have a bl**dy diet yogurt :mad:) whether I wouldn't have a weight problem now. Because undoubtedly it was puberty-related - my periods started when I was 11.

Anyway, from that age onwards I settled into a pattern of up a stone down a stone, then up two stones down a stone, and so on. At various times I did get back down to under 9st (just after I started college but that was because I skipped loads of meals - not an ideal thing to do) and I was 10st 8lbs on my wedding day (10st 4lbs the following day - but that's another story and has nothing to do with any strenuous exercise on my wedding night :D).

But the weight really started piling on when I started my nursing diploma. My son was a year old at the time, not a good sleeper. It seemed that in no time at all I was bursting out of my size 16 uniforms. And to be honest, I didn't really manage to make much of an impact dieting wise until I discovered Atkins around 10 years ago. That worked well to a point and I discovered the miracle of ketosis (you don't feel hungry - who knew?!?) but, as Rachel's sister jokes in an episode of Friends, carbs found me again and I troughed my way up to nearly 18st. Admittedly there was some interesting stuff going on in my personal life at the same time - my mother dying from cancer, my family disowning me, my OH having major surgery (those last two are actually linked - for further details work your way up to making 1500 posts and check out the first page of my Gold diary here on Minimins :D).

And then in 2007 I thought I'd try a VLCD...

Ah, happy days. :) This is cathartic stuff. :D

Your story sounds very similar to mine Lily. I was slim as a child - my parents had me swimming twice a week, gymnastics, hockey as an early teen... then I gave up the lot. My mother was also constantly on a diet, and would constantly comment on my weight, trying to restrict my food intake stopping me having desserts. I got myself a job at 13 (just a paper round to start with) and was in constant employment throughout my teens, which always gave me cash to buy food with. Consequently I ballooned throughout my teams. I remember I was 17 1/2 stone at 17 years old, when my mother dragged me along to slimming club for the first time.

Moving to France at 18 and working in a bar meant 5 months of non-stop drinking as well as eating crappy foods... and then I went to uni!

I was about 22 1/2 stone when I fell pregnant in 2006, and since then (other than my cambridge success in 2008) I have fluctuated between about 22 and 24 1/2 stone-ish. But much like Lily I have had some huge stuff going on in my life - mum being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in 2008, followed by 2 hellish years before she died in 2010, followed by another hellish 18 months... Serious work issues (got assaulted at work 18 months ago resulting in an elbow broken in 2 places), unemployment, relationhip breaking down... excuses excuses excuses :rolleyes:

NO MORE!!!!

Your story sounds very similar to mine Lily. I was slim as a child - my parents had me swimming twice a week, gymnastics, hockey as an early teen... then I gave up the lot. My mother was also constantly on a diet, and would constantly comment on my weight, trying to restrict my food intake stopping me having desserts. I got myself a job at 13 (just a paper round to start with) and was in constant employment throughout my teens, which always gave me cash to buy food with. Consequently I ballooned throughout my teams. I remember I was 17 1/2 stone at 17 years old, when my mother dragged me along to slimming club for the first time.

Moving to France at 18 and working in a bar meant 5 months of non-stop drinking as well as eating crappy foods... and then I went to uni!

I was about 22 1/2 stone when I fell pregnant in 2006, and since then (other than my cambridge success in 2008) I have fluctuated between about 22 and 24 1/2 stone-ish. But much like Lily I have had some huge stuff going on in my life - mum being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in 2008, followed by 2 hellish years before she died in 2010, followed by another hellish 18 months... Serious work issues (got assaulted at work 18 months ago resulting in an elbow broken in 2 places), unemployment, relationhip breaking down... excuses excuses excuses :rolleyes:

NO MORE!!!!

:)

I know. It eventually dawned on me (after feeling sorry for myself for quite a while) that just about everybody has something majorly sh*tty happen to them at some point in their lives. But as you say, excuses, excuses, excuses. Not everyone reacts to that sh*ttiness by stuffing themselves with food - or should I say, continuing to stuff themselves with food.

And actually, looking back, when I did Cambridge the first time in 2007 I was still going through some pretty major upheaval. But I did it then! My life in many ways is much more peaceful now, so what's holding me back? Nothing!

NO MORE! (as you say... ;))

NO MORE!!!!!

I just looked back at my blog from 2008, whilst trying to set goals. I lost 36lb... 36LB... in my first month!!!!! 30 days, 36lb down. That's insane. Weighins were: 9 Days: 23lb off, 16 days 5lb off (28lb), 23 days 7lb off (35lb off) 30 days 1lb off (36lb) - I know I had a couple of days off plan in the 1lb off week, so who knows what it could be when I stick to plan this time!!!!

Sharing this to inspire myself, and hopefully some others!

I just looked back at my blog from 2008, whilst trying to set goals. I lost 36lb... 36LB... in my first month!!!!! 30 days, 36lb down. That's insane. Weighins were: 9 Days: 23lb off, 16 days 5lb off (28lb), 23 days 7lb off (35lb off) 30 days 1lb off (36lb) - I know I had a couple of days off plan in the 1lb off week, so who knows what it could be when I stick to plan this time!!!!

I did that, I read through my posts and blogs from the first time, and I was always so positive about it, spurred on by the great losses every week. I even SS'd for the two weeks I was in Florida. So if I can do that I can do it now while I have no distractions. It's really helped me reading those old threads.

I hate it that there's already so much negativity about the diet to begin with, then a lot of the time you're met on here with people advocating cheats and I can't cope with that. I'm only strong when I'm 100% SS anything less leads to worse things in the long run. I've never really realised that before, I always thought I'd be okay, but I'm not. It's SS or nothing!!

Yes, I did the same thing the other day. I lost 30lbs in 6 weeks first time around. Think the first week was 11lbs, the second week was 5lbs and week 3 was a classic 2lbs (grrr to those week 3/4 losses).

Inspiring stuff indeed. :D

I did that, I read through my posts and blogs from the first time, and I was always so positive about it, spurred on by the great losses every week. I even SS'd for the two weeks I was in Florida. So if I can do that I can do it now while I have no distractions. It's really helped me reading those old threads.

I hate it that there's already so much negativity about the diet to begin with, then a lot of the time you're met on here with people advocating cheats and I can't cope with that. I'm only strong when I'm 100% SS anything less leads to worse things in the long run. I've never really realised that before, I always thought I'd be okay, but I'm not. It's SS or nothing!!

Yep. Agreed. I've been kidding myself otherwise for such a long time. But hardcore is the way to go!! :D

Glad you're all feeling so positive:) I'm having a bit of a crappy day rounded off nicely by my boiler not working -it's low pressure but the instructions in the book left by the nice council lady don't match the boiler itself so that's helpful. No shower for me then or washing my hair and I have a doctor's appointment in the morning :(

Wow wee. 35lbs in 30 days is amazing. You can do it again with our support ;) xxxx

Hi guys,I am new to all this. Yesterday was my first day on Sole Source, can I join the team too?

Gigi

Back