Step 1 Sole Source New team HARDCORE HOTTIES!!!

Hey enlighten, good luck with the flight! Fashion week! How fun!! Imagine yourself in some of those skimpy outfits the models wear! Thats motivation isnt it?

I decided to go the whole hog with SS as having two packs and a meal just wasn't showing results fast enough. Also one mistake and I picked up again :-( so SS just seemed best. No cheating allowed :-D

How is everyone doing? Day 8 for me and muddling through. Didn't drink enough yesterday and really suffered for it, so going to make sure I drink loads today. Weigh in later and feeling strangely anxious about it!

Feeling very proud of myself. Yesterday was the third anniversary of losing my mum, which really would have been the prefect excuse to chuck it all in and stuff my face feeling sorry for myself. Instead I kept myself super busy at work and went to an extra martial arts class and so made it through the day unscathed.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Week one done and I am a stone down - happy with that! Also today bought myself a Saltrock Hoody in a size 16 and it fits!!!!!! Happy Happy Happy. One week back on plan and I have shifted 14 of the 18lb I gained during my 4 months off :D

Thanks. 15 weeks to Christmas, would love another 6st off by then but think that might be too much to ask! I lost 5st in 12 weeks originally, but was obviously a much higher weight (24st 9lb sends hard to believe now!). If I can get another 4st off before Christmas I will be over 10st down this year and a very happy girly! !! So that is my aim this side of Christmas. 4st more off in 15 weeks. Entirely doable I believe :) hoping that will see me in size 12 comfortably as currently in size 16 comfortably! But first, want to break 100lb barrier... 12lb to go!

Past 7 days:
7342 calories consumed
19572 calories burned
Deficit of over 12000 cals. Should hopefully see some results from this at some point!

Have done 6 hours of martial arts in the past 5 days. Feeling a bit broken right now and definitely not training all weekend - think I will be spending the weekend in bed recovering! Having about 1000 cals a day but can't do that much training on ss+, think I would have made myself poorly! Not been hungry at all today, first time since restarting! Had three shakes, extra chicken, salad and about a dozen almonds. Not in the plan but I needed something to give me a tiny boost after two hours training earlier takes me to 954 cals today I think.

Training will be cut down a bit soon as I am starting an online training course and there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Where is everyone???

Still here! Week one for me back on SS and I lost 7lbs. :)

I haven't been doing any exercise, as last time I tried whilst on SS my losses slowed. And I don't want to do SS+ or step 2 as introducing food was what got me into trouble the first time round. :-O

Cazza you sound like you however have your head screwed on and eating is fine for you. You are going to do brilliantly! So what's your week one wi???

Lost 14lb in week one! Not expecting a big loss this week, but hoping the exercise will pay off eventually! My losses remained about 3-5lb a week last time even with exercise.

I did this in 2008 and lost nearly 5 St. Did my measurements last time and this time and lost a lot more inches much faster this time than in 2008 with losses about the same speed. 2008 I did zero exercise.

You have to do what works for you. I started the martial arts in the first place because I suddenly had too much energy around week five that needed an outlet, and having lost 5st then gained 6 1/2st in the past, I was and still am desperate to prevent that from happening again!!! I hadn't anticipated that I would get totally addicted to the exercise and looking forward to training for times a week!

On a side note, my whole body hurts!

Lol, ok so perhaps doing exercise will help with the inch losses and not the weight.

Perhaps I will start up the 30 day shred video again as I was enjoying it when I was doing it.

Well done on the loss btw that is brilliant!!!!

Anyone still around? I lost 3lb this week, so 17lb so far :)

29m3neq.jpg

Good pics cazza! Well done!

How does sizing really work? I saw pics of another person who went from 20 to a 12 with losing only 3 stone! I have lost more than that and started at a 22/24. Why can't I wear size twelves!!!

Cazza you weigh about 45lbs more than me, but I am a size 18?! I wish I could fit into the 16s though! That would be fab!

I'm not trying to detract from anyone's losses so please don't take it that way, just really don't understand how it all works?!

Very confusing?!

Well done Cazza, the pics put it all into perspective don't they!! And another good loss!

I'm the same with the dress size confusion. I'm 16st 3lbs, 5' 7" and wear size 18 bottoms and 20 tops. There's no way I could squeeze my boobage into anything less right now. I'm blaming the fact that I'm very muscly under my flab. My friend - same height - when she weighed the same as me she was a 14-16. But as she put it she could just squish her flab into her clothes, mine doesn't seem to want to squish...

Clothes size will always be a depressing mystery to me. At 11st 7lbs I was a 14-16 so I'm never ever going to be a size 10, I'll look dead, I'd need to be 9st. Not happening!!! No one believes me about what size my clothes are until I show them the label, and we had this discussion at work the other day. I'm super jealous of people who fit into smaller sizes but weigh similar to me.

Oh and I lost 5lbs this week, 4 to go to get me out of the dreaded 16's. been in this bracket waaaaay too long now!!

Last edited:
I wrote a massive reply earlier but doesn't seem to have posted! Check it this website, it has really helped me gain some perspective over this http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html enter any weight, height, body shape etc and you will see very different photos that people have uploaded, despite being exactly the same weight and height, it really is an eye opener that body shape can vary so much between individuals who you would expect to be the same size with the same statistics!

I have really struggled to get my head around how I can possibly be 18st and a size 16. It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, but it does give me how that I may hit a size 12 before Christmas. I know I keep bringing this up, but I do in part put it down to the exercise - I am slimmer at a heavier weight than I was last time round. Need to get new bras though, my boss seem to have suddenly shrunk! I was in an H cup before, but think they are more likely a G or even F cup now. Not exactly small but feels a bit strange that they may be getting smaller!!!

It's nearly 4am. I've been wide awake feeling rough since 2.30 - seem to be having phantom gallbladder issues! Madness. Friends is dropping her daughter off at 6.30am - smashing! Despite feeling rough I have this mad urge to go for a run! Good thing that isn't an option or I would be off.

Oh yeah, I spotted smoking last week. Haven't had one since Friday! Have wanted to give up for ages, and failed miserably, not even making it past a morning, let alone a whole day. But I hated it, hated how it made me smell, hated how it made me feel, hated what it cost me, Hayes that my daughter knew and hated that she hated it. So I just didn't have one Saturday. Then I didn't have one Sunday either, and now it is nearly a week later and I still haven't had one :)

Oh god that website has made me worse!! I'm way bigger than all the people my height and weight, how depressing :( the closest person I could find is this one

image-1659436712.jpg

Closest person to my size and shape

image-1868562919.jpg

Me

This person is almost 30lbs heavier than me and the same height wtf???

image-2496741267.jpg

Side by side for comparison

You are kidding! The other lady is much larger than you. She is far wider than you are, I can see a big difference! The website was meant to help, not make you feel worse :( sorry

You are kidding! The other lady is much larger than you. She is far wider than you are, I can see a big difference! The website was meant to help, not make you feel worse :( sorry

Don't worry, I think it's a self perception issue I have. I still feel like I'm 18 and a half stone and size 22.

That's okay, when I look down I still see the same huge belly that's always been there, even though the facts show I am nearly 7 stone lighter. Hoping my brain will catch up one day!!

Can't remember if I said, but I had Tuesday evening off as it was my dad's birthday. Wasn't feeling great so didn't drink, but did eat. Unfortunately one evening off became 24 hours off and I ate Wednesday too. Not too bad, could have been much worse, but could have been much better! Back on plan Thursday and it's all good :) Weight jumped a bit unsurprisingly having eaten, but it is back down again today to where it was at weigh in on Tuesday! Hoping I can drop a couple of pounds before I weigh in on Tuesday, that would be good!

Today I am having a sole source day. My first since restarting! I am not terribly good at sole source days any more, but today I am feeling it so going for it! Helps that I went out this morning and forgot to take the shake with me I had got out for breakfast! Found a bar in my bag so had that about 1pm, then had a tetra when I got home about 3.30pm. Had a lot of water and coffee while I was out. Going to have third tetra about 7pm and keep drinking in the mean time!

Dreadful night last night. Absolutely shattered so fell asleep ridiculously early - about 8.30pm. All well and good but I then woke up at 11pm and was wide awake... until 5am! Madness. Then Chloe woke me up about 7.30am. Went out shopping this morning - I have tickets to go and see Strictly being filmed on Friday, so was looking for a pretty dress to wear. Failed miserably! Did however get some lovely warm ugg style winter boots for an absolute bargain in TKMaxx.

How is everyone? Where is everyone???

Hey so glad everyone is back, I've not been on for a few weeks as it all went a bit quiet...
Well done for getting back on plan. I've had a hit and miss couple of months, thankfully I've hovered rather than gaining so am still 4.5 st lighter than I was in Jan 2013... Still got another 35lbs to go though and it feels harder than ever...
Trying to stay focused now, day 1 at 100% ss... Gonna try knuckle down now no excuses!

Hi ladies, I'm back from whirlwind trips, kids sick etc. I will officially re start my restart tomorrow. Really hoping there's not been too much damage as I've not had the time to be bothered with CD. Will take a pic of scales as agreed.

Surf? - how have you been doing? lost a stone yet? do I have to play catchup?
Starlit - I did read your blog, and have to say BRAVO for doing CD with all that's been happening to you
Netty -- focus, focus, focus! that's my plan
Slim and Sunflower?? where are you ladies hiding? Hope you've been swamped, and are still concentrating on hitting target!

During my fashion week deliriums, I was stuck waiting at the airport with a couple of models and we got to talking. I very bluntly asked them how they stayed so - well i'm sorry to say but starved, famished-looking are the only words that come to mind. And I took a poll - i will now give you a recap of what was said

Most of them agreed genetics played a BIG part

A lot said they didn't really enjoy food - not like they hated it, more like they just ate when their stomachs reminded them to, not like they fantasized over what they had/were going to/or wanted to eat

Some said they basically ate the same thing everyday, boredom keeps you thin apparently

Of course we talked about the drugs, the vomitting etc, but you could tell these ladies were just NOT into food

They didn't turn to food for comfort, and half of them said they couldn't eat when stressed, tired etc

So there you have it, I unfortunately am the complete opposite, BUT that is not to say i wont get to goal weight, I just won't fool myself in thinking it'll be easy to maintain it is all!

Have a good day everyone and see you tomorrow

Back