New to Atkins Saying Hi

Well if you factor it into your days carbs, but I'd leave it until OWL unless you are desperate for some rhubarb. :D

In the new book they treat rhubarb as a veg rather than a fruit so it is allowed on induction but would need loads of splenda to make it edible probably!
Bren xx

Thanks Bren

Thank you Bren I thought I had dreamt it LOL,or read it in a different phase.But decided to leave it for now.
I am enyoying experimenting so will try other foods.Was thinking of making an egg custard,with cream and eggs and add some splenda and nutmeg do you think that would be ok??.
I had the cheeseburger pie for lunch and liked it so much had it for dinner too.I need to decide what im going to have for tomorrow so off to search in the recipe section lol.
Cathy

Tell me how it goes with the egg custard Cathy - I love the stuff but have not been brave enough to try one yet - all recipies gratefully accepted lol
Bren xx

egg custard would have to be without the pastry but i bet you could eat it without....

rhubarb for me was eaten raw with a bowl of sugar....fresh from my grandmas own rhubarb patch from the garden lol

Hi I was thinking of doing the baked egg custard using a slice of mim for the base but been in work all day and not got round to it yet LOL.
Cathy

Hi Cathy & welcome. It looks like you will come up with some good recipes for us all to try :D

Hehe Ive not madeit yet Im waiting til im on owl.
Trying to be good.
Im making the egg custard tomorrow for pudding .Was also thinking bread and butter pudding with a sliced mim. hmmmmm.
Cathy

My DH would love to try that bread & butter pudding. Nursery food :D

I love Bread and butter pudding real comfort food.
I have madethe mim breadso will let you know how the rest goes.
Sadly mine wont have any fruit on as Im still on induction but for those further on can add berries or nuts yummy.
Cathy

Hello everyone.
Update on bread and butter pudding ....needs a bit more work.Tasted Ok but not sweet enough,plus I didnt have a deep enough pan so not very thick.
Will get a suitable baking pan and try again.
Lost 2lbs today which Im pleased about considering how well I have eaten this week.
I think I have been having more than 20gms carbs.As i have been having lots of cream and also a mim aday so will reduce them this week.
I went to my local butcher today and asked for 100% sausagesand yes hesells them gluten free hesaid nothing added except herbs,he also does 100% beef burgers and minted lamb burgers.Yummy in my tummy.
Thank you all for your support I need to reread my atkins book I think.
Cathy

Well done on your loss Catthin,I very often feel suprised when the scales go down as I seem to be eating so much.
keep up the good work.
lorna x

Hi Cathy, 2lbs is great love, well done.

Back