In it to Slim it....Atkins Plan

You should take pics and depending on your phone you can use the 'hide' option. Then using pic collage or something similar make side by side weeklu or monthly pics. You would seriously be amazed. Even email them to yourself.

Not sure I have the hide option. I'm on iPhone. I'll check.

Dairy
I have a feeling I struggle with dairy. I've been drinking almond milk for years. This morning I thought I'd have a full fat Greek yogurt 3.2g carbs for the pot. I'm sat here feeling sick, with a stomach ache.

So I'm not sure what this means, as I don't have a problem with cream (although I've only had tiny amounts in a drink) and I've been eating cheese since I started (always melted cheese, or cream cheese) I'll try a yogurt again in a few days and see what happens.

Funny you say that as I have no problem with cheese or cream only milk. Strange isn't it ? I hope the adverse effects have settled down.

I feel better this afternoon. I've made pork burgers (like sausage patties) all ready to cook for later.
Pork mince, onion, spices, garlic, an egg and flax meal to help bind. They smell wonderful. Can't wait to cook them. There was 500g mince and it's only made 6 hefty burgers. I will have 2.

And I'm starting to be annoyed at the lack of movement on the scales, even though I'm following hit precisely. I had a spoon of cream earlier just because I couldn't resist. And I tracked it. That is how well I am at tracking....

My scales only moved today after two weeks. I upped my water intake the last few days even an hour ago I weigh the same as this morning so that'll be a loss tomorrow too thank god. The scales will catch up don't worry

I weighed myself last night, which I don't usually do. I was like yay I weigh the same as this morning whoop! Then this morning weighed the same. I'm super hungry even after 2 breakfasts......looked at my calendar and af due in the next few days!!! It all makes sense.

The diet says eat until your full. Well I woke up starving and I'm still not full.
I had spinach, cucumber, 2 eggs and avocado. Just had flax bread with cream cheese and salmon. Two creamy coffees.

I need to stop eating!

Before AF I could easily eat the contents of Tesco and still be starving

@paigesmum30 im pretty much still on induction. I did two weeks on 20g and lots a lot. I added 5g of extra veg and have spent almost 2 weeks on 25g.

I'm following the book. Even down to limiting cream/cheese. I'm getting enough fat. I'm tracking every mouthful I eat. I've given up diet drinks and coffee. I'm averaging 1400-1600 per day. Exercising most days. I do over 10k on my Fitbit everyday. I've checked my ketosis every few days and in always in ketosis.

I feel healthier, I have more energy, ibs symptoms gone, skin is looking good everything is better. But I need to loose weight. So if I carry on this stall, I might have to accept it isn't for me. Because I want to lose weight before me and my husband start trying for another baby. Maybe I need to cut calories or do a VLCD?

Think I'll give the plan one more week because I know I'm doing it right. I read that in week 3/4 your body is adjusting to being low carb and you gain the water weight back that you lost during induction. Don't know if that's true.

I need some advice:
I'm away for 2 nights (sat/sun night) with my husband and daughter. Usually we have breakfast at the hotel, eat out in the evening, then lunch is usually coffee and cake lol

So the hotel offers buffet breakfast. So I'm assuming egg, mushrooms, tomato, maybe bacon if I feel like it. I'll probably avoid the sausage. I doubt there will be any other veg to pick from but I think that should keep me full.

Evening Meal - not worried about. Most menus will have something I can have. Caesar salad, meat with veg, perhaps a tandoori type grill if we have an Indian. And of course I can order water.

It's just lunch and snacks. Obviously I can have coffee with cream. What snacks can I take that are okay not to be in a fridge? I'm tempted to buy 1 or 2 Atkins bars or some nuts, just for emergencies. I'm really easily swayed when I'm hungry and I'm expecting my cycle tomorrow too, so I'd rather have an Atkins bar than cake. Any suggestions?

Saturday - Brekfast and lunch at home, leave house 1ish. Booked Jamies Italian for evening https://www.jamieoliver.com/italian/menu/mains-and-sides/ some meals under 10g carbs on the main menu.

Monday - Brekfast at hotel ahould fill me up until I'm home at 1/2ish.

So I only have one day to think about. I need to be prepared, as because I'm in 2 minds about Atkins right now, I'll use anything as an excuse to mess up.

I usually bring pepperami , nuts and protein bars with low carbs. Atkins products don't work for everyday use but fire ahead for the weekend, I would do anything to keep on plan. Also little cubes of coconut are good. Some tescos have them in little tubs in the veg section. I'm away tomorrow night too myself but the restaurant emailed back that they wouldn't know their menu until tomorrow

I bout some olives that are in a plastic wallet and dont need to refrigerated. Some nuts I have weighed into 2 little bags. Im not officially allowed nuts yet but it is better than other options. They I just think i can go to m&s and buy a plain salad and some meat if I'm stuck, they even do boiled eggs in m&s I noticed. I'm not sure I will get my fat allowance in but for a few days its not the end of the world. My main aim is to stay in ketosis and not gain.

So I just weighed myself and I am the exact weight I was this morning.......fingers crossed I see a change tomorrow as it will really spur me on to stick to it this weekend.

Woohoo well done

Back