New to Atkins

mojobrad

I've recently lost a stone and a half on Exante. But since the weekend I've been trying Atkins. I'm not sure about the diet yet because I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet (I have no scales). However I am in Ketosis so fingers crossed.

I was wondering what is the average weight loss per week on Atkins for stage 1 (induction) and stage 2 (on going weight loss)? Does anyone know?

Hi Mojobrad,

welcome to the Atkins board.

I'm not sure of exact figures but i think in induction it can be upto 16lbs in two weeks ( i might be making that up but that's what i remember).

Not sure about OWL, not got to that bit yet but I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you the correct advice! :)

Hi Mojo,

You probably won't see any great loss on Atkins induction if you are coming over from a LC regime anyway.

Everybody varies, I lost a steady 2lbs a week on my 6 months of induction, with the odd whooshie of 3 - 4 lbs now and again.

Welcome and good luck.

Hi Mojo,welcome to atkins not quite sure on average weight losses I seem to be losing .5 - 1lb a wk at the moment but am quite happy with that as I am eating,enjoying my food and the weight is still coming off.I do not feel as though I am on a diet and find this way of eating no hardship so am happy to stick to this for life as its the first time for years I am eating without feeling guilt or worrying about it.
Good luck I am sure you will do well.
lorna x

That's a good attitude there Lorna. :)

Thanks Lisa I remember reading your posts on the Exante Forum.

I enjoyed the Exante diet but feel i want to eat more now.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks for the welcome Echo

I'm hoping that the weight losses will be good. I enjoyed the Exante diet for the fact that i lost weight quickly. I'm hoping that the weight loss will be good on Atkins too. Although I am prepared for the losses not to be so great.

Hi Jim

Oh I was hoping for a little more than 2 pounds a week. Having said that I'm happy not to be hungry anymore. I'll certainly be able to this diet for a while so I guess I'll have to suck it and see so to speak.

Hi Lorna

It's so true what you say.I would like to lose my weight quickly so I'll see how I've done this week and take it from there.

Good luck to you too.

Hi Mojo! :wavey:

Hi Jim

Oh I was hoping for a little more than 2 pounds a week. Having said that I'm happy not to be hungry anymore. I'll certainly be able to this diet for a while so I guess I'll have to suck it and see so to speak.

Slow and steady wins the race mate, and it's more maintainable.

Hi Mojo & welcome :D
I can't help you on the question as I've only done this, but good luck anyway & well done on your loss so far :D

I have only really doing it for maintenance - and I know that works (when I don't go off the rails of course).

Hi Setanti thanks for the welcome.

Hi Jim thanks for that advice. I know that you're right on that one but I'm so impatient. Anyway I lost 1 pound this week. Is that slow enough do you think? :-d

Hi Cinta thanks for the welcome and the kind words. Yes I am proud of my weight loss so far.

Hi Quak Yes you've done brilliantly. I debated staying on Exante a little bit longer and I may go back to it if Atkins fails me.

Oooh!!! I so wanted to come of exante. I'm so done with the not eating thing now but I'm so not done with the weight loss!
I just don't know what to do!

a loss is a loss Mojo. :)

Back