New to cambridge diet and feeling unsure

Sarah2308

Hi everyone! I'm on day 2 of SS and trying it for the first time. My first day wasn't too bad! I really want to lose 2.5 stone in 10 wks for my holiday. I've become desperate so thought I'd give this a try. I'm really worried that I will lose lots of weight and then go on holiday and put loads back on. Which I know with doing any diet if u come off it then u will put weight back on anyway. But from what I can tell u can pile it back on very quickly if you stop. I'm not saying I'll go mad but I am going on holiday and I would like to enjoy it! So before I really get into the diet and go into ketosis (which I really don't understand!) I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing?! Do you think my I come back off hol I could just start the dirt again? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarah

The important thing is not to view a weight can as inevitable. You can minimise the damage and still have a nice holiday.

Try to avoid carbs as much as possible, if the weather is nice exercise or go for a walk and drink lots of water. Remember, it is not necessary to finish everything on your plate! In fact, I would make it a challenge not to.

I have had one or two 'off plan' weekends (including a small amount of carbs and alcohol) and still lost weight.

Good luck!

x

Hi MissCD thankyou for your reply! I've realised that I've got a bit carried away with ketosis. I was under the illusion that when you come out of it you pile on the weight when this it seems is not actually the case. Panic over!!! So I think for the first wks I will stay on SS to get the bulk of the weight off then maybe go up to stages 2 & 3 in the wks before my hol so I'm more in control of my eating . The short term goal for me is my holiday but the long term goal is to be slim and stay slim so I need to look at the bigger picture I think! The main thing is not to go back to the way I have been eating as then I'll no doubt put all the weight back on which is what I'm sure a lot of people have done and are the stories I hear about that made me dubious!

It is easy to do. I lost 6 st, then gained 8 st (over the course of two years, I near maintained for the first year) - but I know I have no one to blame but myself!

x

You wont gain 2.5st back on after a week or two on holiday. As long as you eat sensibly after the holiday there will be the water gain but that happens to everyone. :D

Though no one wants to gain weight on holiday and undo all the good work I thought the main concern with CD is slipping out of ketosis and having to back in? I thought this process was more difficult in experience over the possible weight gain?

Any thoughts?

Back