New to Cambridge diet

Good morning girl!!
How are you doing today? I've just come back from a long bit lovely walk..one of the legs aching one
I will be making a shake/frappe for my lunch..but which one? decisions decisions, maybe I'll try the toffee and walnut as I never had this before!
Good thinking about the eggs for a meal , for some reason they are an option that I never think of! And yes I'm on step 2, my consultant didn't want me to be on step1 !
Have a lovely day xx

I'm fine thanks; but so much pressure on me today. I've not found time for a walk as I had to call into work unexpectedly today being a holiday so I'm not too happy. I had to move up to step 2 today so I have had chicken and veggies for lunch; while I had apple cinnamon porridge for breakfast. If I can get out of here early I may have a few minutes to spare on the treadmill which I'm so looking forward to; but I'm not betting my money on it. It's nice to see you're keeping up though. Are you on Step 2 permanently or do you alternate? I'm curious to know how different results are on step 2 being used permanently. I use it to alternate on days (like today) that just get to me. It's either that or the carby route and my consultant seems to agree. She actually wants me to use step 2 permanently but I don't think its necessary as I really like the convenience of not having to resort to junk or otherwise for my step 2 add ons...

Hey, you'll never guess I was called in as well from
Work last night at 23.00 as there was a little emergency..what are the odds! I ended up staying there until 1.40am and never been so stressed and cranky afterwards..( once back at home the thought of scoffing some of my husbands chocolate did spring to mind.)
I'm always on step 2, as my consultant said I didn't have to loose a lot and being already kind of tiny (5ft) was best to eat s bit of food at one meal..I agree as having only products would probably make me cave even more. So my meal is my little comfort I guess.
Ps- you know the porridge is the only thing I really can't chuck down, so you have all my admiration for eating it

What's it with all these consultants and Step 2:D Im just afraid that I'll never actually reach target that way. Too many Cambridge returnees on this platform and that cynical part of me blames it on the steps increasing your calorie intake at the very point when if you just hang in there a little bit longer you might reach and even actually exceed said target. Well that's my theory so I'm testing it for real this time. Not listening to Mizz consultant. :p. She does a good job by the way and really breaks the science down for me but I'm not taking chances. I'm paranoid hehehehe. Thanks for being here to help with unwinding after a very very stressful day. I'm ending it all tonight with a decaf coffee laced with mango shake. It's really the only way I can take mango shake these days. Strange!!!:) Oh and I'll gladly swap all my mango shakes for those porridges you love to hate hahaha:cool:

Omg!!! Mango shake with coffe??
Yep:D...and I've been keeping that up by the way. It's like a funky cappuccino of sorts :oops:

Hope you're fully on plan? It's been awesome for me so far. I've gotten into a routine with 2 maple porridges and half a mango shake with coffee. For my last pack of the day I mix it up. I had a cranberry bar today and yesterday I had a spaghetti bolognese. To make up for the half shake I may or may not have a bit of protein.

So...a non scale victory for me today! I wore a pair of trousers I had abandoned since late last year coz it was hugging in all the wrong places and a quarter to rip :( and it fits!!! I'm so gonna slay tomorrow "baby dance" :D

Forgotten how the losses on Cambridge can be quick, clean and inspiring! I'm on a rollllllll...

Hi,

Yeahhhh well done on the trousers victory!!! I would be well chuffed!
Yep still on full plan, snd to be honest not missing anything just yet..I just don't think I would have lost much this week due to being on that time of the month and feeling very bloated still, so I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow!
It's a very good idea to mix things up a bit so I think you're doing the right thing.
Tomorrow I'll get some of the bars. Have you tried the smoothies? I really like the cherry one yum

Oh, yes I love the cherry too! But I'm sticking to the "basics" for now. I consider packs above 200kcal as treats; that's why you see me write about the spag Bolognese or mac and cheese as if they aren't regular Cambridge meals. They are, but as I've started and stopped countless times during the last year to date I'm not taking chances; so I only use them as reserves for when the resolve starts waning.....:p. I still view those 200kcal plus meals (plus bars) as gimmicks by the company more to keep you happy really than to actually aid weight loss. And I just want to be done and dusted!!!

@Mimistar I would really love to know how much you're able to drop tomorrow. Don't be put off by the time of the month stuff...yes it skews the results :( but at least you know you'll see a whoosh next week. Still keep accountable, any drop is better than no drop!!! You slay, girl!!!:bestwishes:

Hi July!! ( ps my birthday is also in July on 25th )

Yes I'm feeling s bit more positive now thanks, had a lovely hot shower and getting a bit of pampering done, painting my nails and conditioned my hair..every little helps to make you feel better right?? Lol
I'll definitely keep you posted after I'm done tomorrow.
You know I never paid attention to the calories on the products, my consultant didn't seem too fussed by which one I choose and didn't say anything about abusing the "higher calories" ones. Very interesting.
I feel that my favourite at the moment is still the cappuccino, but maybe tomorrow I'll get few new ones to add to my routine.
Hope you have a lovely evening! X

Ps- as I'm off tomorrow today was "my Friday" so I went to the pub after work today with the hubby and I was not bothered one bit by not drinking..had a pint of soda water and altough I had to visit the toilet twice whilst there I was perfectly happy and social! Who said that on Cambridge diet you need to remain antisocial ??

Awesome!!! Haha! I'm 22nd :D. I so love July!!! And thanks!, yes I am resting and having a peaceful evening after a rough day phew.

To reply your comment - a consultant will not fuss on calorie content if there's no reason to do so with your client; however if a client is very much insulin resistant or is not showing much progress despite the best efforts then you are advised to start to look at possible offenders and these usually come in many forms - could be sweeteners too, or higher calorie or carb content in some meals, or lingering habits the dieter is being sneaky about disclosing :p.

A process of elimination usually works to break stalls and plateaus.

All in all and anywayssss you are advised to select what is suitable for you from the wonderful range now provided by CWP - so it's a choice you can always make at any time.:)

Remember, we all are affected differently by the same foods - everyone is a unique "n=1 experiment" at the end of the day!

Ps- as I'm off tomorrow today was "my Friday" so I went to the pub after work today with the hubby and I was not bothered one bit by not drinking..had a pint of soda water and altough I had to visit the toilet twice whilst there I was perfectly happy and social! Who said that on Cambridge diet you need to remain antisocial ??

Lucky you!!! And that's right, once you get the hang of it there's no reason to miss out on socials! Have fun on your day off but don't get bored ... that will not be good:D

Helloooo,
Ok so I've been to the dreaded Weigh in and lost 3lbs this week..I'm not too disappointed considering the time of the month and also the sluggish feeling. And I know I've been on full plan, so I'm hoping for A bigger loss next week! I was thinking what other conventional diet let you lose 3lbs in 1 week? Definitely not any diet that I have been on..
Onwards and upwards to week 3!!

Woo hoo!!! Hahahaha, I'm so loving your comment on conventional diets and you are so spot on. Especially when you stall for ever and don't move an inch while trying to diet; it's then you appreciate the little stuff. For me, any weight lost after the week 1 water weight whoosh is valuable and should be treated loved and respected as gold!!!:D Hang in there, it only gets better!!! Woo hoooo!!!:thankyouthankyou:

You are so right!!
Any loss is a loss!! Happy day...
I went shopping today to cheer me up and tried on skinny jeans a size smaller and whoop whoop they fit!!! I'm also happy dancing, thanks for the tip

Awesome!!!!! Woohooooooo:0clapper:

Another thing to note is that the closer we get to target the slooooowwwweeeerrr the losses get. I'm actually reminding myself too with that so I don't give up. I'm on a roll and it must get me there this time hahaha "love is on a roll-oll love is on a good roll" :DI'm a Don Williams fan;)

Heya!!
Happy Saturday!! I've been out all day and now finally chilling on my sofa and planning to watch a movie..yeah it's true that towards the end it gets harder to lose, but I guess I'm still at week 3, so I've got no excuses really lol!! Next weigh in on Thursday morning so I'm keeping all of my fingers crossed x

Heya!!
Happy Saturday!! I've been out all day and now finally chilling on my sofa and planning to watch a movie..yeah it's true that towards the end it gets harder to lose, but I guess I'm still at week 3, so I've got no excuses really lol!! Next weigh in on Thursday morning so I'm keeping all of my fingers crossed x

Well it's a good thing I tried to prepare my mind coz I only lost one measly pound with all the effort I put in but I'm still hopeful and still optimistic. Let's enter week 3 with holes for better losses. I'm trying to fixate on achievements to date rather than achievements to come :)

Back