Attack New to Dukan, ready to change

soontobefatfree

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and let you all know that tomorrow I'm going to start Dukan attack phase! (this way I cant change my mind)

My starting weight is 12st 12lbs and I'm 5ft 4"

I have planned my meals tomorrow

Breakfast: total zero Greek yoghurt with sweetener and Dukan toast
Lunch: quorn with Dukan Mayo
Dinner: home made beef burger

2ltrs sparkling water!

Wish me luck, will be back in touch tomorrow!

Any hints or tips are welcome *go me*

It's me again and day 1 is complete!

I feel great and not really hungry and have managed to keep on track! I even made my first galette which was lovely and didn't taste like "diet" food!

I'm desperate to get on the scales but I want to wait until I complete my attack phase which will be Sunday!

Tomorrows another day and I believe I can do it!!

I've just finished my fifth and last day of attack an it hasnt felt like dieting at all, although I am getting a bit sick of meat- I'm going to have to try out some of the recipes on here! Weighed in this evening 5lbs lighter :) stick with it it works!

Would both of you please fill out your User CP (check out our FAQ section). At a glance, STBFF, your menu looks light on protein but, without knowing your weight, I can't be sure.

As for you, Jade, it's time for Cruise... 5 days is plenty on attack but all for the very very overweight.

Hi Maintainer

I've just completed my user CP so this should help.

I am planning to do attack for 5 days as I have over 20lbs to lose and so far I feel good. I have just come off lighter life due to financial reasons so am looking for a diet that will help me to continue to lose weight and be able to exercise.

Thanks for your help with the dukan diet so far.

;-)

Morning

I'm gutted, just been on the scales after day 2 of attack and I've stayed the same, no weight loss whatsoever!

Yesterday was ok apart from I lapsed after dinner and had a fun size packet of chocolate buttons :-(

Today is another day and I'm focused and intend to be more determined than ever!

What am I doing wrong; this is what I ate

B: galette and total 0%yoghurt
L: quorn pieces, fat free cottage cheese, more yoghurt
D: mini organic sausages and scrambled egg
Snacks; 3 slices of turkey, mini babybel light, dukan cinnamon muffin, size bag of choc buttons!
1.5ltrs of sparkling water

I'm determined to lose weight but expected some weight loss by the start of day 3!

Would love some advise as want to do this right!

Well those chocolate buttons have taken you right back to the start... (why?)

Your first day was far too light on protein.

Second day... quorn pieces? (you bought a slab and cooked it? in what?) fat free cottage cheese doesn't exist. Which brand did you buy?
Organic sausages??? tell us more! Can't imagine these are ok for Dukan.
Babybel light isn't either.

Sooo... shall we start again?!

I advise you to read our FAQs intently, because I'm presuming you don't have the book?

I'm not sure why the chocolate buttons tipped me over the edge but today I am starting afresh!

I had quorn pieces which weren't flavoured and the fat free cottage cheese was longly farm. Are these ok?

I can't eat pork, bacon, ham or shellfish for religious reasons and work in a religious building so am only able to take vegetarian food into the building. I dont really eat fish so im quite fussy! My mini sausages are from my local butchers and I grilled them but won't be eating them again on my new attack phase.

My books have finally arrived and I read the attack phase last night so really understand it! (should have done it earlier-oops)

Today I'm going to have

B: Dukan muffin and 0% Greek yoghurt
L: scrambled egg with turkey
D: tandori rubbed chicken breast

I doubt those sausages will EVER be Dukan friendly, so forget them please!!

Longley farm is fine. I remember now about your work place - can you escape to eat things elsewhere? Otherwise make yourself some quiches perhaps... or I think I can remember already advising you perhaps have a high protein breakfast and transport your galette/muffins for lunch with a yoghurt.

I distinctly remember typing that!

Thanks for the advise!

I'm definitely going to transfer muffins and yoghurt etc to lunch when I'm working as it makes it easier all round.

Had turkey slices with my muffin for breakfast this morning and only now feel hungry! Going to make scrambled eggs and more turkey slices then yoghurt for dessert.

I've definitely got my head sorted now and will not be falling off the wagon again!

After a rather dodgy day yesterday, I'm back on track with attack day 1!

Even went for a 30 min swim this morning although am tired now have felt energised all day! Most importantly haven't felt that hungry:)

Day 2 tomorrow, bring it on!

Day 2 has gone well, even went to a theme park and didn't eat anything I shouldn't!

I feel proud of myself as I wasn't even remotely tempted!

Tonight I am celebrating with some turkey slices, bresola and a poached egg!!!!

If I can do this diet anyone can x

Gutted, been on scales this morning after 2 really good days on attack and lost nothing! Not an oz!

Got another 3 days on attack and hopefully the 4lbs plus will fall off then!

Drinking lots of water and doing some exercise so why is nothing happening!

My menus are in the menu thread if anyone wants to check I'm doing this right, which I think I am.

Let's hope it's just slow at first!

STBFF... your questions are everywhere this morning, in every thread! If you could keep them in one place, then we don't have to keep typing out the same thing.

As someone has already said on the menu thread, watch those turkey slices. (no please don't post the nutritional info again - just that ALL slices have lots of salt added.) Cooking your own is best.

Did you weigh in the morning after the chocolate buttons? Did you gain any weight? You're saying no loss after two days' attack, hence my question.

Keep drinking plenty of H20 and post your menus each day beforehand please!

Good luck!

I'm sorry about where I've put my posts, I'm new to these kind of forums.

I did weigh myself after the chocolate buttons but didn't put on weight. Doing another 3 days of attack so will have to wait and see what the scales say.

Many thanks

I wonder whether you had a delayed reaction (weight wise) to that chocolate cos it normally would have tripped you up, and attack would normally have got rid of some weight - no worries re questions. Just if you ask the same question in multiple places, who knows what string of different responses you might get!

Our best advice is to cook from fresh - packaged slices are great in an emergency but you'll be far better to organise proper meals. Check out our recipe section... you might be surprised!

Good luck and hang in there! Those pounds will go :D

Thanks Maintainer, the chocolate buttons definitely came back to haunt me! Been to buy lots of supplies this morning so have plenty of choices at home to cook from fresh.

I've got the recipe book so will look at it for some inspiration.

Hi soontobe fatfree, it's lovely to hear a girl like me who refuses to grow up!! & is still on the 'beginners chocolate' chocolate buttons...Mmmmm!!;)

(they have to be Cadbury's too... says an ex-shareholder!)

Chicken, prawns, salmon, cod, turkey, lean steak... I live on them! How lucky am I? And they call this a diet?!

Check out our recipe thread while you're still learning though as there are errors alas in the book... :)

Back