Total Solution New to exante!

Monday morning....well that's the weekend out the way!!!

Had one little hiccup, but stuck to the cheat foods and did have a glass of wine with soda water as I had a wedding, but for the rest of the night I sparkling water or water.

Checked if I was still in ketosis and luckily it didn't seem to knock me out, which has pleased me.

It is very difficult when everyone else is drinking and eating what they want, but I just kept thinking to myself how much happier id feel once I lost this weight and id of probably beaten myself up had I cheated lots.

I felt bad enough for having a glass of wine and some cheat foods, after all the hard work id put in last week getting myself in to the ketosis stage.

Well here's to a new week and I know I have nothing to stop me staying on track, although I have a new challenge this week, (well I think it's a challenge) my children and boyfriend are all home so I have meals to cook, lets hope the temptation of having meals to cook will not crack me up haha.

I am so happy I have this site to keep me going when things get tough, we are all human after all and having the support of others and those who have been a success are my rock at the moment.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend and are doing well, thank you to all who are posting on here, it really does help me keep going :)

Hi MIssy, thats how I did my first two weeks with OH away, and to be honest its not been too bad!! Ive made him have the stuff I dont really like so not too tempting!
Well done on the wedding, just think next one you go to as a skinny minnie....much better than a buffett and wine!!
Good luck this week!

Hi Dawn, well done on your losses you have done really well...just about a stone in 3 wks is brill.

Last edited:
Hey, no one more surprised than me!! Fingers crossed get that elusive stone on Wed WI!!
How strange is it to think that by xmas we be thinner!! cant say ever had that thought before in my life!! Anyway off to dream of smaller clothes!!

Hi Dawn well done on your losses..nearly 1stone in 3 wks. When you consider other diets are averaging 1-2lbs a week, it really does help when you see a good loss on the scales to stay motivated.

I defo want to go to the next wedding a skinny minnie, possibly mine (waiting for that proposal) haha x

Missywils said:
Defo aiming for skinny minnie at the next party i'm going to :) x

I hear you! I want to turn heads!

Yes tiggertoes and for me turning heads not being dressed in the size 22+ potato sack!! But hey you get some wear out of them sacks!! Got them in every colour, but black one most!!

dawndesperatetoloose! said:
Yes tiggertoes and for me turning heads not being dressed in the size 22+ potato sack!! But hey you get some wear out of them sacks!! Got them in every colour, but black one most!!

So true old faithful black sacks hehe!. I've wasted so much money on big clothes to help me look good with my weight and to "dress up". If that makes sense. Got tons of lovely stuff still just hanging there with the tags on. I always end up picking 3-4 items and wear them till they fall apart. Use to keep my size 12 jeans for years. Just incase one day I'd miraculously fit into them again. But by size 18 I decided to chuck em. Now, I wish I'd held onto them a little longer hehe!!

I dream of being a size 12 and have even thought this week of going to town and buying some gorgeous jeans in a size 12 hang them on my wardrobe until I can fit in to them. I would probably only get my ankles in at the moment haha. well at least i'm stepping in the right direction for my dream to come true. I've never fitted in to a size 12 so this really is a dream for me and i'm going to make sure it comes true.

Missywils said:
I dream of being a size 12 and have even thought this week of going to town and buying some gorgeous jeans in a size 12 hang them on my wardrobe until I can fit in to them. I would probably only get my ankles in at the moment haha. well at least i'm stepping in the right direction for my dream to come true. I've never fitted in to a size 12 so this really is a dream for me and i'm going to make sure it comes true.

You are on the right track! You've made an incredibly hard decision and you will reap the benefits. Those size 12 jeans are only a matter of months away Missy. That's all I say to myself. You keep up that positive attitude and it will be a walk in the park :) in a gorgeous pair of size 12 jeans x ;)

Well here goes the dreaded weigh in..........i'm a little disappointed i've only lost 4lb :( can this be normal for the first week? I see most loosing double or more on their first week, maybe I should try upping my fluid intake.
I know i'm in ketosis as I have the sticks to test, though i'ts normally negative in the morning and then by the afternoon it goes quite strongly in to ketosis then calms down again by the evening.
I drink tea, coffee and water without milk or sweetner, any suggestions anyone?
I'm feeling rather frustrated and disappointed today now :( xx

Thanks tigertoes, I really hope so!! I just feel disappointed today with my loss as I have found this week quite tough and really wanted more of a loss, I guess it's still 2bags of sugar off and when you look at it like that it's still a good loss, and a step in the right direction for a walk in the park in my size 12 jeans making heads turn lol. xx

Missywils said:
Thanks tigertoes, I really hope so!! I just feel disappointed today with my loss as I have found this week quite tough and really wanted more of a loss, I guess it's still 2bags of sugar off and when you look at it like that it's still a good loss, and a step in the right direction for a walk in the park in my size 12 jeans making heads turn lol. xx

Keep smiling. You are so right. 2 bags of sugar hun! That's grrrrreat! I'll be happy for any drop right now. You are doing everything right I'm sure. If you're 100% you have nothing to fear. I'm forcing the water down my neck at the mo. Got 6x 500ml bottles a day to work through. Don't lose hope honey x we can do this! for the size 12 jeans lol!

Yes we can do this and it's probably better to stay at a steady 4lb a week than maybe loosing it all so quickly (just trying to make myself feel better now) any loss is better than know loss, crikey what will I be like if I only loose a pound or worse still stay the same.
I'm going to count down in bags of sugar from now on to get an idea of the amount of weight that actually is :) onwards and upwards.
Cheers with my big glass of water, here's to 2bags of sugar off and the start of week 2 yay xx

Well i'm feeling a bit better now.
Just had my tesco shop delivered and i'm not one bit tempted by all the yummy things I have bought, which having three children home from school, I didn't want to stop buying just because i'm over weight.
I have also bought some veg boullion which I am going to try later as a very runny soup drink whilst i'm cooking food for the family to stop me craving theirs.
I've also just cooked some banana muffins, they smell good, but i'm just going to taste them by smelling them.
A lady who lost weight on the exante website, who is a cook said that's how she learnt to taste her food was through the smell, so i'm going to try it :) after all alot of our hunger is in our heads and I normally would just eat because I love food, not because i'm hungry. Hence why i'm over weight.

Missywils said:
Well i'm feeling a bit better now.
Just had my tesco shop delivered and i'm not one bit tempted by all the yummy things I have bought, which having three children home from school, I didn't want to stop buying just because i'm over weight.
I have also bought some veg boullion which I am going to try later as a very runny soup drink whilst i'm cooking food for the family to stop me craving theirs.
I've also just cooked some banana muffins, they smell good, but i'm just going to taste them by smelling them.
A lady who lost weight on the exante website, who is a cook said that's how she learnt to taste her food was through the smell, so i'm going to try it :) after all alot of our hunger is in our heads and I normally would just eat because I love food, not because i'm hungry. Hence why i'm over weight.

You have a lot more courage than me. I really don't think I could resist trying some fresh baked banana muffin right now :cry: I had to leave the house when hubby had a salt&vinegar crisp sarnie yesterday.. I don't have any kiddies yet (apart from OH who could be a real big kid sometimes) he seems to need a lot of catering for haha!

Let me know how the bullion goes. I actually fancy a bit of that myself to. On a day like this. best days for comfort food-that we don't need!

Hello Missy
I've just read your diary and wanted to say don't be discouraged. I'm a slow loser too (but seem to gain it v.quickly...so unfair!) and I am focussed on a stone a month rather than what I lose each week. In my first week I only lost 2 pounds (but I did cheat twice). Then the second week I lost 6 pounds so it all evens out. At my WI this morn I've lost the stone in a month that Exante say is realistic. Keep going and don't be tempted to cheat, focus on next week's weigh in...even if it does seem miles away xx

Hi Missy, Im a slow looser too. In week 2 I set my sights again to loose that 14lbs a month, so thats my target now! Juts think 3 months...3 stones...bloomin heck how marvellous would that be??!!

Back