New to Exante

bwr1024

Good Afternoon,

I am new to the Exante diet I was looking at the Cambridge but the sucess stories to this one seems alot better.

About me :

My name is Brad im a big boy weighing in at 23 stone 5ft 11in tall and im 28 years old 48in waist and 56in chest, I have a pretty full on job and always miss meals but stuff my face in the evenings once im home.

Im thinking to start with doing 3 items a day, ie Shake for breakie, Soup for lunch, Snack bar mid afternoon then an evening meal.
The question is would this work ? Also what could i eat for my dinner ??

Im looking to lose 10st and really could do with help from you guys n girls with ideas ect

Thanks
Brad

Hi Brad, welcome and good luck with your weight loss. Regarding what you should eat or what solution to follow is totally up to you. I would suggest you have a look at options on the exante website. There is the Total Solution x 3 products a day nothing else apart from 2-4litres of water and black coffee or green tea total about 600kcal.The Working Solution is Working Solution works by providing you with all the protein, vitamins and minerals you need in the 3 Exante products. You are also able to eat a calorie controlled meal - 400 kcal (calories) - which is also low in carbohydrates.
The Simple Solution works by providing you with all the protein, vitamins and minerals you need from the products and allowing you the convenience of eating healthy foods in addition to these total 1200kcal. Exante Diet products are restricted in their fat and carbohydrate content to allow your body to make energy from your fat stores. I would research a bit more though. It also depends on how quick you would like to lose the weight. I am following the Total Solution, I need to lose at least 4stone. Hope this makes sense. Good luck x

Bubsbee,

Thanks for the reply do you ever feel hungry in the evening ? thats my biggest problem I dont eat all day then I get home from work and dont stop eating

Thanks for your help

Hi I did and trust be it gets better. I used to have my shake around 4pm, then soup or bar around 9pm. This worked for me as I have a busy job and don't always have time to eat. I still do that, but I drink a lot of water. It's not easy but it does get better once you are in ketosis. On day 10 today, lost 10lbs this week. Hang in there, it will be all worth it trust me. Good luck.

I hope you've done well on your first few days! I'm doing total solution, so I have a soup for lunch at work, then a shake when I get in and eat the bar while watching big brother (sad I know, but I'm fully addicted!) it is hard at first but you really do feel better after the four/five day mark. I recommend lots of coke zero (if you like it obviously) for when you're feeling tempted. Once you have a weigh in you'll feel so much more motivated because the weight really does fall off! As for your meal, I'd reccomend having a look at exantes recipes on their website. They have a selection that will keep you in ketosis and they sounds delicious. I'm going to follow them when I have my food week the week after next. I'm hoping it'll help teach me normal portion sizes since that's why I've got to thanks for my weight gain originally.
Good luck, keep us posted :) xx

Good luck Brad.

This is my second time on Exante and I also did lighterlife twice. I fully appreciate that doesn't sound like a great endorsement but I blame myself and not the diet.

What I can assure you is that these diets DO work. I lost 4 stone on lighterlife a couple, of years ago put on a stone relatively quickly then essentially slipped back into the old habits. I have started again and in 12 days I have gone from 18stone to 16 stone 10 - my plan is to do it for a month and then possibly go on WS but either way have a high protein , low carb diet.

My advice would be do Total Solution - with respect you have a lot of weight to lose and for me it was about doing it as quickly as possible and then changing your life ? I see a lot of posts with people doing WS or saying " if you have to eat then have lean meat " etc etc. In my mind this just defeats the point - trust me if you crack on with it you will get there - in many ways its about what you do AFTER that is key and I know this may sound crazy to say to someone who has months of eating only bars and shakes ahead of him but its keeping the weight off which is the hard part ? As I say for me i just gradually slipped back into the same old habits , eating too much off the wrong things high in sugar and fat and not exercising enough.

If you can also try and add exercise in as it will keep your metabolism going - obviously dont go mad (!!) but it does speed up the loss and its good for you.

You will feel tired - I also sleep for longer which to be fair isnt a bad thing but the truth is after a while you don't feel hungry its just VERY VERY boring !!!

Set yourself a target mate and if you really want it you will get there and thing how great you will feel in the end ?

Hey there,

I agree with lobster, im coming close to the end of my 4 weeks on Total solution and without my 4th week weigh in ive already lost 18lbs. I am planning to go onto Working Solution once this week is over and stick to it for 4 weeks before slowly introducing a low carb diet that I can follow permanently.

Doing it this way you will learn how to control your eating habits over time and it should help you eat properly once youre back to eating normally.

This is my plan to lose weight safetly and stop it coming back!

Week 1 - 4 = Total Solution to get the first bulk of weight off and set yourself off to a good start
Week 5 - 8 = Working Solution to teach yourself how to control food portions and beat off cravings
Week 9 - 12 = WeightWatchers or some other calorie or point controlled diet to lose the last stone
Week 13 and onwards = Develop a low carb eating plan that I can use permanently (allowing myself the odd treat of course!)

Everyone is different so see how you get on with TS and if it doesnt suit you then try something else but trust me, when you step on the scales on the morning of day 8, you willbe more motivated than ever!

Good luck with everything

Hol x

Back