new to excercise-a bit of advice please!!

mommyB

love it
whilst not very overweight-have 2 stone to target, i wouldnt decribe myself as fit. I've just bought an excercise bike and am wondering how much to do to begin with.
was thinking 2 10minute sessions a day and build up to longer?
i want to get some beneift without doing myself a mischief!!!

Any advice would be helpful, ta!

2 10 minute session would be a very good start then increase each session by 5 minutes as the sessions seem to get easier

It's always good to start off small and build it up. When I started exercising I'd have laughed if anyone suggested I'd be doing as much as I am now. I started karate in March 2006 and trained just 2 hours a week and that was more than enough. Now 3 years on I train 5 hours a week for karate and kickboxing, go to the gym 3-4 hours a week and swim 2 hours a week. It's amazing how quickly your fitness increases

Hey, Jane..fancy finding you down here!!!

Start easy so that your muscles don't go into shock and stop you doing anything for days. Remember to warm up and cool down after - particularly doing thigh stretches as these are the ones that will hurt most.

If you can do "out the saddle" cycling (like standing up on a real bike) it burns more calories and tones the muscles more. Try ten pedals in the saddle, then 10 out the saddle and see how you go on.

When you find that you can do your 10mins easily, then increase your resistance or time....not both at the same time.

...and lastly...have fun...xx

Back