New to LT need some help!!!

Allie

HI I'm new to LT, on day one and just had a vanilla shake, it smelled yummy so was lookin forward to tasting it but i couldn't stand it, i tried adding coffee as I heard that helps but I couldn't even keep it down after drinking, has anyone else had a problem keeping the shakes down? Realy want to succeed at this and i'm afraid now to try all the others!!! :cry:

Hi and welcome :)

Try adding ice to it and making it with an electric whisk so there are no lumps, it also makes it creamy. If you still dont like the taste try making the shake with more water so it is more diluted. They are not meant to taste so good that you want them all the time, but you do get used to the taste after a few days. The first week is tough on LT but if you can stay with it , it gets so much easier from the second week onwards. And keep looking on this site for support and tips from others who are in the same situation as you.

Good luck :)

Also you can try adding a bit of cinnamon. Daisy tips above are the best though as even the smallest lumps still make me gag! :eek:

Have you tried the strawberry - I found this the nicest in the first week (much closer to a normal shake). The shakes taste very sweet to me now - it does get better if you just stick to it. :)

Good luck.

Thanks i'm goin to try the strawberry at lunch I bought the Magic Bullet to blend them up heard it's great. Just loking at everyone's weight loss on this should help me tolerate the taste, If i loose as much as you in three weeks i'll be fitting in clothes i haven't seen in quite a while.

Hi Allie,

:welcome:

Excellent advice and ideas from Julie and Daisybank that really do help to make taking the diet easier.

Perhaps it might help to split your pack in half and make one half up fresh and have it and see how you go...

You can have your other half later on, just remember you must make each half up fresh and consume within fifteen minutes as the vitamins begin to lose their value after that.

Also try drinking a half glass of water before actually taking your pack to help dilute the taste in your mouth.

I found the sweet flavoured shakes easier than the soup at the start, but I have come across others who have got on better with the soup.

It really does get better if you persevere....

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Love Mini xxx

I hated them to at first. I really could taste the minerals. I found the Chocolate and Strawberry the best to keep down at the beginning. Now I actually quite like them. Its amazing how your taste buds change....but I agree with the other comments. An electric whisk is a must....If I have a lump in it I will not finish the shake.

Good luck hun and stick with it....it gets better.
xx

Agree! I gagged for the first few days but by the end of seocnd week or so I "loved" them all including the flap jacks.....honestly!! Believe me most of us felt the same....but your taste buds do change I am convinced!!!

Agree! I gagged for the first few days but by the end of seocnd week or so I "loved" them all including the flap jacks.....honestly!! Believe me most of us felt the same....but your taste buds do change I am convinced!!!

Hey Bea
I draw the line with the flapjacks - I think they are vile, its took meover an hour to eat and I thought I was going to throw up!!
Definitely shakes only for me :)

Hi Daisybank,

Hey Bea
I draw the line with the flapjacks - I think they are vile, its took meover an hour to eat and I thought I was going to throw up!!

Definitely shakes only for me :)

I will never forget the vile taste of my first flapjack
vomit-sx.gif
:sign0137:

Amazingly I picked up the courage to try them again later on and I actually came to like them, they are very filling and also give you something to chew.

Love Mini xxx

Reactions: Bea
I think the flap jacks are like Marmite.....you either love them or hate them. I'm in the hate camp. I have never finished a bar. I leave it a while then try again.....to no avail. I'm with Daisybank.......shakes all the way for me!!!

LOL ....Seriously guys give one a try again but toasted a little.....yum!!

Thanks so much, i'm really glad I found this forum, at least i know everyone has gone through what i'm experiencing now and can help, I had the strawberry at lunch and it was ok, goin to have chocolate for dinner so hopefully thats the nicest tasting of them all.... I have a couple of weeks before i get to try the flapjacks so i'll let ye know what i think if them then :)

Back