New to S&S and in need of help!

alininha

Hi all!!!

I am new to the forum and also to S&S. I am in real need to loose weight. Have gained over 30kg since moved to Belfast and plus 2 kids lol!

Anyway...I ordered the sample pack, have not tried yet but I am planning to try some before my star date (26 January).

The question I have is about the 4 meal plan. Sorry if I am stupid in ask this but I cannot understand how you are supposed to "spread" the food throughout the day. Should I also eat veggies?

I was thinking something like:

Breakfast:

Sweet Porridge or Shake (I am NOT a fun of porridge or shake, but I will get them down no matter what!)

Should I have a midd morning snack? If so, any recommendations?

Can I eat a meal for lunch and dinner and still "under" the allowed calorie?

I will order the 28 days supply, how should I go on choose that? Can anyone give any ideas?

Sorry if this sound to stupid, but I would rather ask for the most experienced ones! :)

Thanks for all your support!!!

Hello and welcome

This might sound insane at the moment, but you will do it, and more than likely you'll have to remind yourself to have the packs. You just don't think about food, you don't feel hungry and you just get on with your day. You won't need to snack. By all means have the allowed veggies in whatever way works for you - lots of people have them with their evening meal pack but its not important when. What is important is that you get enough volume of liquid in, so keep on drinking the water.

As for ordering the packs - choose whatever works for you, I've changed a little with each order and have had more of the "meals" this last time. I like the oatmeal so I tend to get enough for one a day of these, get the maximum bars, then the rest are a mix of soups meals and shakes. I'm not big on shakes at this time of year and I tend to only have soups on working days, so I order accordingly. The best way to buy if you're going monthly is to get the mens 5 a day pack - you can only order 28 bars, but if you are doing 4 packs a day you get 5 weeks worth with this pack - including the p&p it works out at £4.44 a day for 4 packs.

I tend to have a shake mid- morning, a soup at lunch, a meal pack with veg at tea time and then a bar in the evening. As noodles says, it seems bonkers, but after day 4 the pattern will work for you and you will stop obsessing about food. Good luck.x

I don't have my "breakfast" to early .As it seems to set my whole day off wrong. I usually have my shake at around 10am then a lunch, my main meal i have with 200g of the allowed vegetables and some zero noodles (really bulks it out) and a bar for "supper" .Im sure everyone has their own way,its just finding yours. Good Luck! :D

If you have your 3rd pack with, ur protein,veg meal is that ok? Still unsure 2weeks in lol example I have porridge breakfast, shake.or soup for lunch, then dinner I have 100g turkey or chicken, 200g.listed veg and a meal pack usually poured over veg! Is that ok ? I'm being such a ditherer lately, I'm doing m own head in !

Yes that is absolutely fine don't worry.

I sometimes do this too and have been fine in terms of weight loss. However u choose to have your packs etc is fine do long as you just stick to your daily allowance.

Good luck!

If youre not sure maybe you should just order a weeks worth to start with? I know its better value but you dont want to get stuck with loads you dont like.

Ive bought almost equal numbers of shakes and meal packs but at the moment I have one shake a day and two meal packs.
Ive got loads of bars too which we're intended for after my evening meal pack but I am trying to break my habit of having something sweet after my tea.
you can double up you packs if you want, it just leaves longer time gaps between them!

thanks and sorry to jump in on your thread alininha! good luck with your journey :)

I'm only on day 2, but I have 1/2 a shake for breakfast before leaving for work (I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing yet). Soup at lunch as no blinking microwave. And dinner pack with the family. I have the last 1/2 shake as a hot drink with what ever is left of the bar. I cut it up in to lil bits and nibble as needed. I'm actually eating more in the day than I did non diet!

Hi all!!!

I am new to the forum and also to S&S. I am in real need to loose weight. Have gained over 30kg since moved to Belfast and plus 2 kids lol!

Anyway...I ordered the sample pack, have not tried yet but I am planning to try some before my star date (26 January).

The question I have is about the 4 meal plan. Sorry if I am stupid in ask this but I cannot understand how you are supposed to "spread" the food throughout the day. Should I also eat veggies?

I was thinking something like:

Breakfast:

Sweet Porridge or Shake (I am NOT a fun of porridge or shake, but I will get them down no matter what!)

Should I have a midd morning snack? If so, any recommendations?

Can I eat a meal for lunch and dinner and still "under" the allowed calorie?

I will order the 28 days supply, how should I go on choose that? Can anyone give any ideas?

Sorry if this sound to stupid, but I would rather ask for the most experienced ones! :)

Thanks for all your support!!!

Hi Noodles

Thanks for you answer!

I got a bit confused with your answer :). Buy the 5 pack a day work it out cheaper? The soups is to make a bit of variation or this would affect the whole of the diet itself?

Thanks you!!!

Hello and welcome

This might sound insane at the moment, but you will do it, and more than likely you'll have to remind yourself to have the packs. You just don't think about food, you don't feel hungry and you just get on with your day. You won't need to snack. By all means have the allowed veggies in whatever way works for you - lots of people have them with their evening meal pack but its not important when. What is important is that you get enough volume of liquid in, so keep on drinking the water.

As for ordering the packs - choose whatever works for you, I've changed a little with each order and have had more of the "meals" this last time. I like the oatmeal so I tend to get enough for one a day of these, get the maximum bars, then the rest are a mix of soups meals and shakes. I'm not big on shakes at this time of year and I tend to only have soups on working days, so I order accordingly. The best way to buy if you're going monthly is to get the mens 5 a day pack - you can only order 28 bars, but if you are doing 4 packs a day you get 5 weeks worth with this pack - including the p&p it works out at £4.44 a day for 4 packs.

Hi Noodles

Thanks for you answer!

I got a bit confused with your answer :). Buy the 5 pack a day work it out cheaper? The soups is to make a bit of variation or this would affect the whole of the diet itself?

Thanks you!!!

I have porridge in the morning before work, bar for lunch only to save me lugging the shaker to work, meal pack with veg at night and shake about 8pm. I drink 2l of water with ribena at work and that leaves me 1l left for home time. I am not a fan of the soups so I dont buy them. I would order one of everything to begin with and then see what you like and don't like. I was left with all the soup the last time I did this diet as no will in the world would make me swallow it. I order the men's 28day as it works out cheaper. Good luck.

Yes it works out the cheapest way - 28 days of 4 packs a day (112 items) is £124.99, 28 days of 5 packs a days (140 items) is £149.99 - plus p&p for each pack.

If you have 4 packs a day, the the 140 item pack lasts for 5 weeks :). There's not a massive amount in it, £1.07 a pack against £1.11 a pack not including postage - but it all adds up! But as Martin Lewis would say - that's £58.40 a year!

Yes it works out the cheapest way - 28 days of 4 packs a day (112 items) is £124.99, 28 days of 5 packs a days (140 items) is £149.99 - plus p&p for each pack.

If you have 4 packs a day, the the 140 item pack lasts for 5 weeks :). There's not a massive amount in it, £1.07 a pack against £1.11 a pack not including postage - but it all adds up! But as Martin Lewis would say - that's £58.40 a year!

Thanks Noodles!!

I will order the 5 pack then!

Super excited to start it! haven't done yet because of money :) and my mum is also here visiting...so she makes yumiii nice foods. She is leaving tomorrow and I have a couple of stress things to get it done next week so I decided to start once this is done!!

Thanks everyone for all your support! I will keep you all posted!!

xxoxoxoxoxox

Back