New to Slimming World and Minimins!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to both Slimming World and Minimins. Just thought I would introduce myself and say hello :D

I'm Shel and I'm in Manchester. I decided to jump on the Slimming World bandwagon after going shopping with a skinny friend last week. She took me into shops I had been avoiding for years and it was awful! So I vowed that I would join Slimming World and lose a shed load of weight and fit into the gorgeous dresses that I was salivating over! I just couldn't believe what I had been missing/avoiding fashionwise!

So here goes! Wish me luck!!!

Well done Shel, you have made a great step in the right direction, ;) there's lots of people that will give you lots of help so don't be shy, just ask. :)

Hey Shel!
I know how you feel- cant wait to go shopping and just pick anything off the rack! Changing rooms have been a nightmare all my life!
Good luck with your first week :) DW is so fun, it really doesnt feell
like a diet once you get into it! I dont miss anything because I can have any of it in controlled portions! Cant believe I dont miss take away's at all though :s used to count the days until it was 'acceptable' to order another! :eek:
The first couple of shopping trips will be a nightmare of checking syns for everything, but it soon becomes second nature! Make sure you take a shopping list with you of syn free and low syn items- frylight is a must! Smartphones are great to look up syns online with too if you have one, or just bring the sw starter pack hand book with you.

Minimins is a great place for support and inspiration (check out the weigt loss photos section- insane to see people who used to be our weight looking so tiny!) so I hope you love it here :)

Also- make sure you eat all your HEX's and plenty of syns! I accidentally sabotaged my first two weigh ins by skipping these, thought it would speed things up but it does tge opposite :rolleyes:!
X Sophie

Thanks Tetris & The Caretaker! I have been following it 100% and tried a few recipes this weekend. I'm making syn free couscous cake tonight as I have a mega sweet tooth and this might just satisfy the cravings.

Woop Woop Welcome to the site.... I am so envious of my skinny friends too.. here's to shopping on the high street lol! :D

hi shellistar, caretaker and tetris.

:sign0144:

im new to this site also but not to slimming world. i am intending to start my millionth group on wednesday nite. :eek:

i know the plan inside out. i just have a tendancy to sabotage my good work and then im too embarrassed to go back to class. and thus the vicious circle starts again.

so ive made a pact with myself that i will go to class no matter what and face the consequenses. and hopefully by joining minimins i can come on here for support and advice when im struggling.

looking forward to getting to know u all.

Roxy :kitty:

xxx

If you right click on someone else's sticker and 'open in new tab' you can then copy that tab's link and upload the pic via url in your sig editing. That or 'save as' onto your computer and upload it from there. There might be an easier way but that's the way I figured how to do it :rolleyes:

As for sweet tooth- same here! I love options hot chocolates, anybof the 40 cal ones are 2 syns- the white choc one is so creamy! Marshmallows are a syn each for normal sized ones so if you get a bunch of small ones that look about the same as a big one that's a nice addition. I also add squirt whipped cream- 'creamfields' light variety at tesco is so nice and about 6 syns for the WHOLE cannister! Less than 0.5 syns for a big squirt on a hoy choc and actually tastes nicer than the full fat stuff to me as it is sweeter! So hot choc + mini marshmallows + whipped cream for 3.5 syns and it really is like a desert :D
A lot of people refrigerate clurly wurlys as they are 6 syns and last forever when cold and hard, but my teeth cant hack it :p

hello and welcome to minimins, good luck with you weight loss journey :) X

Back