New to Slimming World (but not minimums)

BlackRose

Gold Member
Hi everyone, hope all is well. Having tried many diets many times, I've realised that insanity really is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So I'm now trying SW and while I find the plan wonderful and filling, I'm really worried about my 1st WI on Thursday evening. Too many different diets and rules have lead to a big distrust of food. Especially carbs. I've a lot to lose and I don't mind however long it takes to lose it - as long as I am losing weight! Please please let it work and please wish me well folks. Extra easy for me until I become more familiar with the plan...

Good luck everyone!

Hi Black Rose

I started SW for the first time 4 weeks ago, after having tried most other clubs over the years. To be fair they all worked at the time but I got complacent & did what seems to be the usual thing of putting the weight back on plus a bit more.:(

However this time I feel I much more confident of it staying off & am enjoying cooking from scratch again rather than having prepared meals etc. It's great not having to weigh & count everything & I'm eating much more healthily with all the fresh fruit & veg. I weighed in on Friday & have lost a total of 8lbs, which is good for me as I'm a slow loser. Like you, I don't mind so long as I am losing & it stays off this time. :)

Good luck with your weight loss & let us know how you get on.

Well done for joining SW it really is the best!

The one thing I will say since you've done a lot of different diets your metabolism may be a bit confused and you may find at your first weigh in you don't lose as much as you would have hoped for or you may even gain. That's not for certain but if it happens don't panic, SW is a lifestyle change not a crash diet so it may take your body a couple of weeks to realise what's going on.

All that said though best of luck and fingers crossed for a good loss. Trust the plan!

I've been doing extra easy for 12 months now and am loving it, I did weight watchers a few years ago and lost the same amount of weight on that but once I stopped I put it all back on.

As previously said Slimming world is more of a way of life than a diet. Ive never stuck to other plans as I get fed up of weighing and measuring and counting points / calories.

On slimming world I only tend to check syn values for new items (much easier with their online app). Otherwise it's pretty much stuck in my head what is free / superfree etc.
I've stuck with extra easy too I understand it better and it works for me.
I know some people at my group find red/green days work better for them but I would definitely try the extra easy first and see how it works for you.

Good luck :)

Good luck! Slimming World is flipping marvellous, in my opinion - first diet I've ever done (and I've done soooo many) where I haven't been hungry, and where if I DO get peckish then I can eat some more, completely guilt free!

hollys nan said:
No brainer, S W rocks

I apologise everyone for not replying sooner. Can't quite seem to work out this app!

Thanks for all the replies, day 3 and have encountered no problems as yet. Yes, I'm almost expecting a gain as one suggested, but I also know that it'll only be the ball gathering momentum. I'm eating so well that I'm actually beginning to feel better already! I'd love a good loss come Thursday but either way I'm on EE for a while.

Thanks all and good luck!

Back