New to slimming world, loads to loose, want to get healthy,

Do you live on a mountain? lol

It's not too bad in manchester today, from looking out the window at least :)

Hehe :) No, I wish we live in flat eat Anglia- i am alwayssssss cold. Soup was fab :) xxx

EDIT East Anglia!

Last edited:
Went to the shops on my own :) so proud I never go anywhere on my own, since last aug/sep time I have only taken little one to Nursery once a couple of weeks ago, other than that for the past almost 9 months I always have someone with me. I bought some trousers (Size 18-so long way to go!) from a charity shop they were per una ones for £1 :) I got carrots, but forgot green beans! Oh well.

Having a coffee and an apple-Only little man decided he would eat a bit-for the first time ever normally he spits it out!

xxxxx

Thanks hun, we always used to do it online-I am sure we went over it, so we didn't forget things (like i have done now) But am trying to do it ourselves so it gets me out more. Well done on your weight loss hun.

xxxx

you sound very determined and I wish you well. I joined this week to and finding it a little confusing at the moment but I haven't been hungry and have had a sneaky weigh and have lost a little so very pleased.

Whereabouts in East Anglia are you? I find planning the meals for the week and the do the tesco shop online helps to keep me focused. Stops me getting tempted on naughty foods and now that I have lost some weight buying too many clothes!

Thanks Rosb, hope your first week has gone well hun, yep I am slowly getting the hang of things-I think, and hope. Fab you have lost some on your sneaky weigh in :)

Anju-Im in Sunny Norfolk hun :) I always used to buy clothes in supermarkets, but I don't fit in any now :( Hope you have had a good day-Do you have a diary, I couldn't see one.

xxxx

I haven't been keeping a diary on here, but even after 18 weeks still write a paper food diary. Then I can repeat weeks where I've done well. I was going to say Cambridge has been wonderfully sunny, I know the coast can be colder though.

I love Cambridge for shopping :) Hubby keeps laughing at me cause everytime I eat something I edit my post, can see how paper and pen can be easier :) We did have some sun this afternoon-yipee :) We are about 15-20 mins from the coast :)

Just wondered i had roasted veggies for tea I used the 1 cal spray, I used 18 sprays do I need to syn it? xxx

Well done on the going out :) keep trying to go out for a short time most days until you feel comfortable - I know it can be hard (assuming it's an anxiety thing? Been there myself) *hugs*

Hn the frylight would be a judgement call. Some people would syn it, me I probably wouldn't bother so long as you don't overdo it every day of the week. Up to you really :)

Don't know nothing about East Anglia me, I'm not well travelled when it comes to the UK heh

Yep I get panic attacks and completely freak out when out. i was in hospital last year from Oct to Dec and one of the things they made me do was go out with little man on my own, went to the shops twice in Dec there, but then when i came home, stopped doing it! baby steps.

Not lots down this way...the Norfolk broads :) but you get the better deal the trafford center-although going there right now would freak me big time. In time maybe.

Wont worry about spray, it not like i used half the bottle :) at 18 cals if 20 ish cal are 1 syn then its going to take me to 11 syns today.

Off to have night time meds. xxx

You are doing really well, keep up the great start. As for going out, i know what you mean, is there anywhere you could go out and walk where it is not too busy - a small village where no one knows you? What do you have planned for today?

Today Red day

Magic pancakes-Oats (HEb) muller yog (FF) sweetener (FF) x 2 eggs (FF) and blueberries (FF) with 1 teaspoon of honey 1 Syn. These were yummy, I couldn't eat all the pancakes hubby had 1 and little one ate some too, although couldn't get any blueberries into him.

Plan for lunch 2 x nimble bread (HEB) Bacon ( all fat removed FF) and salad (FF) and home made veggie soup (FF) small bowl-i will be eating this for days :) out 2 onion, 2 carrots 1/4 butternut squash, 3 stick celery, bit of cauliflower and its leaves and a stock cube

Snack-Coffee and 3/4 apple(FF)

Tea-4 sainsburys low fat sausages (2 syns-according to slimming world mag) butternut squash, cauliflower and courgettes.

1/4 melon, 3 strawberries and 10 grapes (FF)

HEa 350 ml skimmed milk

Syns 3, highlight hot chco 2, baked crisps 5 so 10 syns today

Drinks-Green tea, water, squash (Sugar free) and coffeee

Looks like a great day with yummy food!

:bighug:

Are you seeing anyone for counselling on a regular basis? Get them to help boost your confidence a bit by focussing on going out on your own for a few sessions.

I'm a lot better than I was about going out but I still get panicked, especially if I've seen something bad on tv or in newspapers :sigh: I find it helps if you give the trip out an agenda e.g "I need to go to the shops to buy x", rather than telling myself I need to go out to work on my anxiety. Or think of it as earning 'Body Magic' points instead? Just trying to do five minutes at a time to start with as a sort of exposure therapy and build it up slowly helps :)

Heh the trafford centre is a bit crap really - it's mostly clothes for skinny people. Everytime I go I'm constantly swinging between wanting to go swimming or go for a pee because of all the fountains :D

Catch you later hun xx

Hi really quickly as am on phone and can't see whole page

Another red day

Hard boiled egg and banana

Cofee with splash of milk (1 syn)

Bread (HEb) ham, salad with 8 olives (1 syn) and blueberries

BBQ hunters chicken with 2 babybel (HEA) 200g new pot (HEb) and peas (4 syns) was yummy hubby liked it to, mad e extra suace so will keep in fridge from another night- i think will try it with roasted veggies :)

muller light melon

walker crosses crisps 4 syns

xxxx

Syns 10

water and 1 coffee to drink. xxxx

Last edited:
You are doing really well, keep up the great start. As for going out, i know what you mean, is there anywhere you could go out and walk where it is not too busy - a small village where no one knows you? What do you have planned for today?

We are lucky where we live is nice to walk we are 10 mins walk from a lovely wood :) But yes there are some lovely villages close by where hubby take little one to feed the ducks, but I normally hide at home! should go :) We have done bits in the garden today. went to see hubbys best mate they have just got new puppy, little man loved it there they have 2 older children so we all sat out in the garden. Now have just totally blitzed the house, sure i have burnt some cals. Hope you have had a lovely day.

xxx

:bighug:

Are you seeing anyone for counselling on a regular basis? Get them to help boost your confidence a bit by focussing on going out on your own for a few sessions.

I'm a lot better than I was about going out but I still get panicked, especially if I've seen something bad on tv or in newspapers :sigh: I find it helps if you give the trip out an agenda e.g "I need to go to the shops to buy x", rather than telling myself I need to go out to work on my anxiety. Or think of it as earning 'Body Magic' points instead? Just trying to do five minutes at a time to start with as a sort of exposure therapy and build it up slowly helps :)

Heh the trafford centre is a bit crap really - it's mostly clothes for skinny people. Everytime I go I'm constantly swinging between wanting to go swimming or go for a pee because of all the fountains :D

Catch you later hun xx

I have had almost 3 years of counselling CBT/EMDR, family therapy and counselling on and off in the last 6 or so years :psiholog: i saw my psychologist the other week, and she has stopped all my therapy now, as I have been very "low" the last few months ( and last time that ended in hospital admition) and she wants to do some more work with me and make me a bit emotional stronger/stable first. But I know I am so better than I was before as I know I have a future before it was just black and I just didnt care. Now i want to be with my baby boy and hubby of course.:family2:

I have been building up slowly as wouldn't go out with anyone really near Christmas and now will go most places (depending on how I am) but yes I will try and build up my exposer time-I like that hehe. I am a totally worrier, and if I see anything about little ones getting really poorly then I worry even more and am extra vigilant around little one, My psychiatrist calls it "heightened senses/alertness" and although it good to have that fear and fight response, i cant constantly go around like it-Its exhausting.

Haha-yep you are prob right about the trafford center, i went about 5 years ago-when I was about a size 12/14 so would prob hate it if I went now-and constantly need a wee too.

xxxxx

I have been going out for more walks with my kids (both teenagers!) and our dog. it's great to catch up on the day and spend time together along with getting some exercise. I find I meet the same people and just a cheery hello really helps lift the spirits. Go out with your family, feed the ducks and you find yourself feeling more confident and cheery.

Back