new to slimming world

lushx

hi everyone im about to start my weight loss journey tonight at slimming world,
kinda worried because last time i tryed it i gained in the first week. im guessing i did something wrong. :cry: but im going to start
it again with the hope of losing 3 stone.
i could really do with some help from u members out there. its kinda confusing when u first start a plan. im also looking at the possilblity of having a diet buddy through msn, where we can chat and update each other and suport each other.
if any of u like that idea then please see my contact details.. ill be back later on with my weigh in results altho i reckon,
my starting weight is going to be 12st 8lbs
wish me luck. thanks lushx:jelous:

Hi there and welcome!!!

My advice would be to write it all down and keep a food diary on here so that we can help you with it. If you can, have a look at the food diary section on here to give you some tips before you start.

hiya and welcome good luck in your journey and this site since i found it has been a godsend

You will have everyone on here as support buddies hun, so no worries about lack of people and help :D

Best of luck on your SW journey x

i am a thursday weigher and i started last week - i go to my class in 45 mins :D good luck with it all, my first week has been up and down but i hope to have lost - i really find everyone on here really helpful so keep posting and you will get there in no time!
Good luck! xx Elle

I started yesterday at 12 6.5 so pretty close to you. Im finding extra easy much easier to get my head round tbh

Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step to the new you!

Firstly, load up on free and superfree foods. Eat lots of speed foods, these will help your weightloss and help to speed your metabolism - meaning you'll burn more calories even when you are sleeping whoo hoo!

Write down everything that passes your lips and measure your healthy extras.... you are bound to have a loss! Good luck and keep us updated on how you are doing!

hi guys thanks for ur surport. weigh in was a lot worse then i thought im start weight was 12st 10lbs :( ive been reading through the books tonight. still cant belive u can eat all that food unlimited.. sounds crazy..! i did mention tho to my leader about sins and she said have up to 15.. erm.. what do u lot think about this.? im hoping that with ur help ill get to my goal altho its going to be a long journey..lol
im looking forward to my cooked breakfast tomorrow haha..
i did ask the leader if free food meant just at meal times. she told me no.. i thought tho lose weight u add to eat 1500 calories a day or less. if i eat all this food how am i meant to lose weight.! please could some one explain this to me. thanks for now lushx

hi guys forgot to ask also been reading a few posts and even more confused one lady says to eat free foods in moderation. awwww confused. sorry to be a pain, im sure ill get the hang of this. so please bear with me. haha thanks again. lushx

Last edited:
sorry to be a pain guys..
cant sleep worrying about syns and free food.. lol
does any one know how to work out syns for basic foods like ready meals. i really like the weight watchers meals.
and well in genral how do i go about things like biscuits etc..
is there a way of knowing these things by lookin at the back of the food labels.. thanks ill leave u all in peace now.. of to beb cuz im hungry.. silly eh. thanks again lushx

If you go onto the slimming world website there is a syns calculator on there, also if you get a directory from class (big blue book at the moment) there is a section for weightwatchers meals (new book will be out in January I believe so you may want to wait until then.

Alternatively, if you have a specific product you could post it in the syns section and someone I am sure will come up with the answer. Best of luck.

There is a very rough method of calculating and that is 20 calories is one syn, but as I say it is very rough and doesn't always work because of free food allowances.

First of all, stop worrying about calories. The way that SW organises its plans means you don't have to think about them any more!

If food is listed as free, then you can eat it. Don't worry, just eat.

And yes, you can have up to 15 syns a day. Up to. You don't have to have all of them, but they are there if you need them.

You can buy a Syns directory from your consultant to look up the syn value of ready meals. Or you can register with the Slimming World website (get the password from your consultant) and check them out there.

There are syn values for some biscuits in your Food Optimising book (the section in the middle - page 2 in my book). There is also a list of basic ready meals and their syn values (page 22).

The best advice I can give you - it works for me - is to write everything down. Your consultant should have given you a food diary - use it! Write down everything you eat, make a note of whether it is free, a healthy extra, or has syns. That way your consultant can spot if you are getting it right.

The SW Magazine (cheaper from your consultant than in the shops) is full of recipes and the latest information about low-syn and free food.

Stop worrying - just enjoy!!!

Good luck.

How are you getting on??

well i aint sure if im doing this right so please have a look at what ive eaten today so far and let me know.. i feel as tho ive eaten to much ! (
im on a red day!

breakfast

2 boiled eggs. 2 fried bacon with 124gms beans taken as a healthy extra

lunch..

2 boiled eggs.. 2 fried bacon.. 2 low fat bread taken as a healthy extra
fat free yougurt. slimming world bar taken as a healthy extra

tonight im going to have for dinner

breast of chicken with philideila chesse 2.0 syns
mixed veg 3.0 syns
and maybe a lowfat yougurt again.

im stuffed from eating 4 eggs today with my meals, and im a lover of them.
am i doing ok so far.? please let me know. thanks lushx :)

Hi

It appears that you have had 3 healthy extra b choices but no a choices. You will have to syn one b choice, not sure which has the lowest syn value. Try to make sure you are getting your calcium from milk or cheese in a choices or in free yogurts.

Maybe try not to eat the same thing as you could get bored quickly.

Hope that helps

Tania

Hi Lushx, i joined Slimming World on Wednesday, i'm also finding it hard to get my head round to be honest as I last went to WW and that was a whole lot simpler, but going to take the weekend and try a few recipies. just need a bit of support really, hope the forums will be a help :wave_cry:

just replying to the last few posts.? some one mentioned i had 3 bs..?
well i thought 2 slices of bread was counted as one b.
and the beans was also counted as another b.? so where did the other b come from.? lol

well today im on a greenday
did have breakfast has i got up late
but i had so far bowl of pasta with 2 chicken slices taken as a healthy extra and 2 coffees
ive had lowfat chesse in with pasta but counted this as 3 syns.
hope i doin ok.. really kinda confusing still
i spoke to my mate last night and she said that i should only have unlimted amounts of the food stated at meal times only. ! lol
now im worried cuz before i went to bed last night
i had a boiled egg and a slice of bacon. cuz i was on a red day.
she said i shouldnt eat after 9pm. thought u could eat food if free when ever u feel hungry
please someone let me know. thanks again lushx

just replying to the last few posts.? some one mentioned i had 3 bs..?
well i thought 2 slices of bread was counted as one b.
and the beans was also counted as another b.? so where did the other b come from.? lol

well today im on a greenday
did have breakfast has i got up late
but i had so far bowl of pasta with 2 chicken slices taken as a healthy extra and 2 coffees
ive had lowfat chesse in with pasta but counted this as 3 syns.
hope i doin ok.. really kinda confusing still
i spoke to my mate last night and she said that i should only have unlimted amounts of the food stated at meal times only. ! lol
now im worried cuz before i went to bed last night
i had a boiled egg and a slice of bacon. cuz i was on a red day.
she said i shouldnt eat after 9pm. thought u could eat food if free when ever u feel hungry
please someone let me know. thanks again lushx

OK - dont listen to what your friend said - the way that free food works is that it is free anytime of the day - whether it is midnight or mid-day! And it is free as in that you eat to satisfaction untill you are full - not stuffed and lying on the floor in agony!! You are free to snack on free food inbetween meals aswell - I munch on mugshots (cup a soup type pasta/noodles), cold ham, hard boiled eggs or cottage cheese if I need something to keep me going. It works - honestly it does - have a look at the food diaries in the sub-forum above to see just how much you can eat.

For your HexB - you can have 2 slices of bread so long as they are from a 400g loaf (i.e. Nimble, WW). You can't have white bread though (unless you manage to find an elusive White Nimble!)

As for getting confused with the red/green days - did your consultant explain the Extra Easy plan to you? It makes it much easier to follow and all you give up for the flexibility is only having 1 HexA and 1 HexB.

It does take a bit of getting used to - especially if you have been to WW before and you are used to having to count everything that passes your lips - there really is no need at all to go to bed hungry on this diet!! If you are your not doing it properly :flirt2: But its an absolutely fabulous plan - stick with it hun!

x

Back