New to SW - can you check my food diary to see if I am on the right track?

OddieA

Hi all,

I joined SW on Tuesday after gaining 2 stone from quitting smoking in August 2012. I weighed in at 11st 6lb, my goal being 9st 7lb. However I feel that I am eating too much, can anyone look and advise me please? I am attempting the Extra Easy Plan.

Wednesday:
Lunch: Baked Potato & Baked Beans with salad
Snacks: 10 crabsticks
Dinner: lean mince beef, tinned tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, oxo cube and pasta
Syns: 2 Chocolate Malt biscuits

Thursday:
Breakfast: Banana
Snacks: 10 crabsticks, punet of grapes
Dinner: Pasta, mushrooms, lean back bacon, pepper, onion and 4 tbsp Philadelphia Light
Syn: 2 Chocolate Malt Biscuits

So, what's the verdict? Am I going to loose eating all that or do I need to cut it down? I dont want to weigh myself until the next class.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Your def not eating too much, your diary looks fine, loads of free and superfree, are the biscuits the only syns your having? how many syns are they? also where are your healthy extra's? you need to trust the plan, have your syns and healthy extra's and eat as much superfree and free food as you need to fill you up. Most people can't believe how much they can eat in their first week and most people are convinced they will gain with eating so much, but it does work.

Hi all,

I joined SW on Tuesday after gaining 2 stone from quitting smoking in August 2012. I weighed in at 11st 6lb, my goal being 9st 7lb. However I feel that I am eating too much, can anyone look and advise me please? I am attempting the Extra Easy Plan.

Wednesday:
Snacks: 10 crabsticks
Dinner: lean mince beef, tinned tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, oxo cube and pasta
Syns: 2 Chocolate Malt biscuits

Thursday:
Breakfast: Banana
Snacks: 10 crabsticks, punet of grapes
Dinner: Pasta, mushrooms, lean back bacon, pepper, onion and 4 tbsp Philadelphia Light
Syn: 2 Chocolate Malt Biscuits

So, what's the verdict? Am I going to loose eating all that or do I need to cut it down? I dont want to weigh myself until the next class.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Hey, Welcome :) I've added some notes for you below. As Jenna says you definiteky aren't eating too much though so don't worry about that part.

1) LEan Mince- was this extra lean or just lean? Lean mince is synned I'm afraid. Try to go for less than 5% fat mince. Its 0.5 syn per 30g for Lean mince.
2) I don't see your healthy extras anywhere. You should have these - 1 Healthy B (Bread, cereal, cooked fruit, nuts or olive oil) and Healthy A (cheese or milk) a day on extra easy
3) Did you take all the fat off the bacon (like medallions) - if not then it will be synned.
4) How many syns in your chocolate malt biscuits?
5) 4 tablespoons of Philly light is quite a lot - its not a free food so you need to weigh it hun - 70g is a Healthy A or 6 syns.
6) I assume you didn't use any fat for cooking?

Good Luck!!

Ah I don't think that I am counting EVERYTHING!
I also have 5 cups of tea - with semi skimmed milk per day.

The mince was just lean so I need to get extra lean in future
The chocolate malts are 3 each
I cut off the fat from bacon so that was ok
I have been using 1 calorie frying spray but not much I don't tend to use oil products

The main thing is that I need to start weighing things I think eg the philly. I will try harder from today

Thanks for your help ladies, I am truly grateful

xx

Pkay, so you probably have over synned a tiny bit but nothing that is unsurmountable

5 syns a day for your milk (though on day 1 you don't seem to have had any other diary so count it as your healthy a)
6 syns for biscuits
Max 5 syns for your mince unless you ate more than 1/2 a large pack worth!

So, 1st day - 5 syns for mince and 6 for your biscuits- Total 11 - within your allowance for the day
2nd day - 5 syns for your milk, probably the same for the philly (a Healthy A is usually about 2 tablespoons worth so you can count 2 of them as that for the day) and 6 for your biscuits. Thats still only 1 over your 15 syn allowance for the day.

REMEMBER YOUR HEALTHY B! Its important for getting the right amount of fibre

The other thing I would add is to vary things a bit.

Your menus for the 2 days seem very similar and this will mean you will get bored very quickly. There is so many things you can eat on SW. Check out the threads on lunches and dinners and experiment!!

Good luck!

Back