Extra Easy New to the forum - attempting sw at home.

Befanwi

Gold Member
Hey..
First day on the forum after looking down at the scales and realising I had the best part of 2 and a half stone to lose.. A love of food, holidays, Christmas, denial and eating alongside my OH have all contributed to my weight creeping up..

I have tried sw once before, quit after 3 weeks due to nominal loss, but a relative with big loss told me she barely lost for the first month and urged me to give it another go.. My problem is, I have no idea how many syns to eat as I'm avoiding meetings this time, also I tend to eat very few syns and I like to fill up on food which is free.. I have a feeling this inhibits loss? What does everyone else eat when they've syns to eat?

Thanks everyone :)

Hello and welcome,I too am doing it from home this time with my will power....I tend to have about 5-8 syns but only in cooking and stuff like. Not sure about the whole how many syns to have etc,But good luck on your weightloss journey x

Well, according to the books you're supposed to have between 5 and 15 per day, and most people on here tend to think that works well.
So far this week I had 5 monday, 11 yesterday, and it will be 11 today.
I always used to save all mine for the weekend to use on alcohol, but one of my resolutions was to only have alcohol one day a week, and I'll only go up to 15 syns on that night. This means that I'm actually having salad dressing and kechup with my dinners, and little treats (Skinny Cow Lolly's are my fave) and things feel less restrictive.

Last edited:
Yep, it's 5-15 syns a day - most people are advised to have 10 these days.

You should have them, they are there to stop you feeling deprived and are as much a part of the plan as the free food, superfree food and healthy extras (and we wouldn't miss these out!!)

If you don't want them for the usual chocolate/crisps/alcohol then why not have nuts/olive oil/avocado or other healthy choices?

Syns are okay, they won't stop you losing and they'll help in the long run.

They are also the one thing you can cut down on when the going gets a bit tough.

Good luck.

I must admit that I tend to use my syns for alcohol at the weekend but this is not the best way to use them!

A lot of people use their syns in cooking but I like to 'see' my syns ie a freddo or a bag of french fries, this way I feel like I'm having a treat.

Lesley x

Back