New to this and feeling sick!

Romi

Hi everyone

Came across this on a google site and hoping for some support.

Basically Im 24 years old, 5'3 and used to be around 9 1/2 stone.

Been with my boyfriend for 4 years and gradually keep gaining weight. We are getting married in July 2009 and I'm now 11st 4lbs.

Its really getting me down and when I collected my wedding dress the zip wouldn't go fully up and was told by the assistant "I thought you had gained weight when I seen you" :mad:

My family are always going on about it and offer no support at all. My fiance is great and helps but I just give up after a few weeks as Im so impatient.

Now on the ketogenic diet and struggling. Headaches, sick feeling. Only been 3 days and according to the scales Ive gained 3 lbs!

Sorry for the rant! Hoping to get some good advice and tips from you all.

Many thanks! :)

Hello and welcome. I have never been one to be able to lose weight easily but i have found Slimming World really easy and have lost a stone already. You eat as much as you want (depending on which day you choose) and can even squeeze in the odd choccy which you take from your syns.
I would recommend it to everyone, although it might not be for everyone. Check out the different diets on the main page, Good Luck!!

Don't apologise for ranting, you have come to the right place. Maybe this diet isn't for you. Take a good look around at all the diets and see if there is something else that takes your fancy. Plenty of support and advice available here so make yourself at home x

Romi, if I am right in assuming you want to lose 2 stone for your wedding next year then you can do that very easily with a plan like Slimming world (which is what I do) or Weight Watchers. These are both great lifestyle plans and will set you on the right track for a healthy life

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it.

As I'm sure you all know as soon as I say I'm on a diet I just want to eat!

I'm thinking of going to Scottish Slimmers to see if I have any luck on that diet.

Exercise is a nightmare for me, Ive always hated it and used to cry on my way to the gym.

Yes, I would love to lose 2 stone for my wedding, I'd be amazed if I did! As I said I'm just so impatient and expect to see results straight away ;)

We all do hun but 2 stone before your wedding is totally do-able. There are a few Scottish Slimmers here and they must be getting lonely so I'm sure they would be thrilled for you to join them! Also I have just noticed that you are in Glasgow, seek out Starlight on here as she is in Glasgow and has done tremendously well on Weight Watchers

We all do hun but 2 stone before your wedding is totally do-able. There are a few Scottish Slimmers here and they must be getting lonely so I'm sure they would be thrilled for you to join them! Also I have just noticed that you are in Glasgow, seek out Starlight on here as she is in Glasgow and has done tremendously well on Weight Watchers

Thanks! I will have a look for info on Weight Watchers.

Can you tell me how you got your weightloss ticker on your posts?

Hi and welcome. Have a look at the section for brides to be and perhaps start a thread in there. 2 stones is definately doable

Good luck

Irene xx

Hi Romi,
Bets of luck with whatever you choose, theres loads of help, advice and encouragement from everyone on here, whatever you decide to do

Take care
x

Hi Romi, welcome to Minimins :)

Im doing WW, have been doing it myself for 18 months but just started a class on Monday, in Cardonald, and its great, the leader is just lovely :)

Hi romi,
no I dont attend any classes, have been reading the Marissa Peer book and using her cd for about 3 or 4 weeks, seems to be working for me.
Best of luck
x

hi iv just stumbled upon this site with google i was hoping to get advise too then i saw your cry for help well as a women twice your age and have yoyo diet all my life till i had a gastric band fitted if i could turn the clock back i would be happy with what i had but dieting makes you fat your unhappy so my advise is to try very hard to except yourself and take it slowly just think before you eat and stop yourself if your eating for the wrong reason easy to say i know but realy have you ever met a women who has lost weight and kept it of without it being on a consant diet im yet to meet her life is over so quickly

Back