New to Weigh watchers and would appriciate any tip and adivce

tess21x

Hello to those of you reading, thank you for taking the time. I have crossed over to WW from SW as I no longer got the results I desired from the plan.
I join the 1 monthly online service on Monday this week and was overwhelmed by heaps of information to read. I therefore went to a class on Wednesday and had my first Simple start day today (Which I find very restrictive with the limited foods you can eat, so I am glad its only a week) and iv not got on too badly with it but miss my bag of Baked crisps with my lunch and other nice fow fat treats.
Has anyone else start the SS plan? and how are you getting on with it? any tips on how to stay satisfied with cravings for treats?
Just out of curiosity on average how much do ppl lose per week on this diet?
thanks for reading!!
I am eagerly awaiting my next WI day which will be next Wednesday. :)

Terri :0)

Hello to those of you reading, thank you for taking the time. I have crossed over to WW from SW as I no longer got the results I desired from the plan. I join the 1 monthly online service on Monday this week and was overwhelmed by heaps of information to read. I therefore went to a class on Wednesday and had my first Simple start day today (Which I find very restrictive with the limited foods you can eat, so I am glad its only a week) and iv not got on too badly with it but miss my bag of Baked crisps with my lunch and other nice fow fat treats. Has anyone else start the SS plan? and how are you getting on with it? any tips on how to stay satisfied with cravings for treats? Just out of curiosity on average how much do ppl lose per week on this diet? thanks for reading!! I am eagerly awaiting my next WI day which will be next Wednesday. :) Terri :0)

Hello and Welcome Terri :)

Are u having your 2 Extra Daily Treats on SS? You can have the WW Crisps as one of those, that might satisfy your crisp craving? I lost 1stone 12lb on PP last year and love WW, I stick to PP and not F&H as it suits me better.

I have a diary called 'If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail' if you have any further questions.

Serena x

Hello Serena, as it's my first week I don't have a choice :-( but think I might be better on pp as I can have what I want to eat. I never knew about the WW crisps so I might go out sat and get some thanks :). It's nice to have some with my lunch.
I'll take a look at your diary thank you.
I'm away the weekend at my brothers, I know I'm going to struggle so going to try and plan in advance. I know he won't be stocking healthy food lol.
Terri :0)

Hello Serena, as it's my first week I don't have a choice :-( but think I might be better on pp as I can have what I want to eat. I never knew about the WW crisps so I might go out sat and get some thanks :). It's nice to have some with my lunch. I'll take a look at your diary thank you. I'm away the weekend at my brothers, I know I'm going to struggle so going to try and plan in advance. I know he won't be stocking healthy food lol. Terri :0)

Fingers Crossed u have a lovely weekend at your brothers, try not to panic too much. X PS- Enjoy the WW Crisps, Poundland do lots and lots of different varieties if you have one by you? X

First weigh in tonight 2.5lb off wish it was a little more since its my first week but never mind a loss is a loss. I have brought a journal from my group which seems very motivational has anyone used one?
Started cycling to work Monday and my legs are killing me but it's been a nice change to the bus which is always late.
Going to try and stick to the simple start again this week to try and boost my weightloss as I have a wedding in 4 weeks and have got a dress that could do with a little more room in it lol. Any tips to boost the loses?
Thanks for reading
See you soon
Terri

First weigh in tonight 2.5lb off wish it was a little more since its my first week but never mind a loss is a loss. I have brought a journal from my group which seems very motivational has anyone used one? Started cycling to work Monday and my legs are killing me but it's been a nice change to the bus which is always late. Going to try and stick to the simple start again this week to try and boost my weightloss as I have a wedding in 4 weeks and have got a dress that could do with a little more room in it lol. Any tips to boost the loses? Thanks for reading See you soon Terri

Well Done on your 2.5lb Loss, WW recommend 1-2lb so you are above the average :) I've not used the Journal myself as I prefer to use the iPad but my friend wear by hers and takes it Everywhere! Well Done on sticking with SS, did you not fancy trying F&H as it's very similar? X

I think that's what I am doing the fandh is it the same list but no treats and 49 pp? I tried to stick to the 2 treats and have Been using 7pp each each day so far :-/ lol.
How are you getting on Serena?

That didn't quite say what I wanted it to say lol I tried sticking to the 2 treats but ended up having to point them as I had more than 2 treats. Terri xx

I think that's what I am doing the fandh is it the same list but no treats and 49 pp? I tried to stick to the 2 treats and have Been using 7pp each each day so far :-/ lol. How are you getting on Serena?

That didn't quite say what I wanted it to say lol I tried sticking to the 2 treats but ended up having to point them as I had more than 2 treats. Terri xx

Ah yes! That is F&H lol! I'm doing ok, WI this morning and I have now lost 6lbs in 2wks so pretty average loss. X

I have just had to have the most will power. My husband and dad asked me to order them an Indian take away :( from my fave restaurant.
I was very tempted. But luckily I had brought a ww tikka masala sauce yesterday so I made my own ww style takeaway and ate it at the same time as them so I didn't feel deprived. It was actually quite satisfying and I feel better for not have the fatty take way :). I hope I can keep this focusing up.

I have just had to have the most will power. My husband and dad asked me to order them an Indian take away :( from my fave restaurant. I was very tempted. But luckily I had brought a ww tikka masala sauce yesterday so I made my own ww style takeaway and ate it at the same time as them so I didn't feel deprived. It was actually quite satisfying and I feel better for not have the fatty take way :). I hope I can keep this focusing up.

Go Tess! That's fantastic Willpower and I'm sure your Fakeaway was a lot cheaper than the real thing! Im glad to hear you didn't feel deprived either, nothing worse than feeling deprived whilst on a diet. X

Hi Tess, I've also just switched from SW to WW and I am finding the plan in my first week very easy to follow and stick to. I lost 2 1/2 stone with SW since last November, but have been really struggling to stick to plan and joining WW has demotivated me. I love that I can grab a bowl of cereal if I am in a rush or busy with the children, as well as being able to have more bread. I do worry though that my losses won't be as good as I know that I could expect to lose 5-7lb doing SW after a couple of weeks off plan. I'm just hoping that this will be more like normal eating for me long term and so although the weekly losses may be smaller, overall it will work out better.

Hi Tess, I've also just switched from SW to WW and I am finding the plan in my first week very easy to follow and stick to. I lost 2 1/2 stone with SW since last November, but have been really struggling to stick to plan and joining WW has demotivated me. I love that I can grab a bowl of cereal if I am in a rush or busy with the children, as well as being able to have more bread. I do worry though that my losses won't be as good as I know that I could expect to lose 5-7lb doing SW after a couple of weeks off plan. I'm just hoping that this will be more like normal eating for me long term and so although the weekly losses may be smaller, overall it will work out better.

Hey midori, I feel the same way. WW is easier if you want to eat a ready meal or ready made sandwich I found SW difficult at times nothing really quick and easy.
My weightloss slowed right Down on SW and I got down with it all. Got my Fingers crossed I get weighed Wednesday (2nd week) and I feel better than last week.
Also I don't feel as hungry as I did on SW I could eat and eat and my tea just now I only ate half and have given the rest to the dog. Whereas normally I'd have forced it Down.
Let me know how you get on :) Terri xx

Go Tess! That's fantastic Willpower and I'm sure your Fakeaway was a lot cheaper than the real thing! Im glad to hear you didn't feel deprived either, nothing worse than feeling deprived whilst on a diet. X

Thank you Serena! It was really nice and I cooked the brown rice in a veg stock cube for extra taste. Yummy
Xx

Thank you Serena! It was really nice and I cooked the brown rice in a veg stock cube for extra taste. Yummy Xx

That sounds really lovely! We quite often make a Fakeaway when pennies are tight, especially love a Nandos Fakeaway! X

Lost 4 lb tonight so that's 6.5lb in 2 weeks I'm so happy. Iv never understood this diet before but the filling and healthy way has cleared things up for me :) still cycling get to and from work do think that helps.
Got a leaving do on Friday and we're going to the Italian. Any low propoint suggestions veggie friendly and without mushrooms? :) xxx

Lost 4 lb tonight so that's 6.5lb in 2 weeks I'm so happy. Iv never understood this diet before but the filling and healthy way has cleared things up for me :) still cycling get to and from work do think that helps. Got a leaving do on Friday and we're going to the Italian. Any low propoint suggestions veggie friendly and without mushrooms? :) xxx

OMG Tess! Well Done on your 4lb, that's an incredible loss! Re Italian, is it a Chain or Independent you are going to? I would probably stick with a Pasta Pomodoro (Tomato Based) or Pasta Arrabiatta (Chilli based) as neither have cream in and are normally low in pp. X

Iv pre ordered a chilli penne pasta looking forward to it. It's a small local resaurant. I'm going to be good all day and just have that as a treat then be good the rest if the week. Thanks for all the advice :) xx

Iv pre ordered a chilli penne pasta looking forward to it. It's a small local resaurant. I'm going to be good all day and just have that as a treat then be good the rest if the week. Thanks for all the advice :) xx

Ooooo yum! Fantastic choice! Hope u enjoy it :) x

Back