New to ww!

nibbs

Hi everyone,

Just starting WW now and the old plan sounds the best one, I've read a lot about people buying things off eBay, what sort of products are these, and are they necessary? Also I've had my points worked out for me, and apparently I should be 29..how do the points get worked out and is it true that there's a minimum amount you should be on?
Thanks, sorry to be a novice!
N x

There's a sticky at the top that explains how many points you're allowed per day. The only thing missing is want to lose weight (0 points) / want to maintain weight (6 points).

According to my WW handbook...

The minimum points that you can have in a day is 18. You can carry up to 4 points a day over, but never go below 14 points in a day(believe me it's possible!) all saved points have to be used that week. You can earn as many bonus points a week as you want, but can only use 12/week on food - aim to earn more than you eat!

I downloaded a free app onto my tablet to track my daily points and bonus points. Plus I've got a good ww cookbook, which is great for recipe ideas, but then so's the internet!

Best of luck x

Last edited:
Hi Nibbs, not sure if you still need this, but below shows the calculation for working our your points allowance on the Discover plan:

male 9
female 3
------------------------
age 16-20 = 5
21-35 = 4
36-50 = 3
51-65 = 2
65+ = 1
-------------------------------
just take the stones ignore the lbs
how much do you weigh eg 12st 5 = 12 points
14st 10 = 14 points

-----------------------------------------

height
under 5ft 4 = 1
5ft 4 and above = 2
--------------------------------------------

active
sitting all day = 0
occ sitting but mainly standing = 2
walking most of the time = 4
doing physical hard work most of the time = 6

take one total from each section and add the totals for your daily points

Hope this helps, Andie x

Thankyou both ! According to that, i should only be 21pts! Excited & determined to see the results! X

Back