New VLCD? Check this out?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Ajax, 9 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Ajax

Ajax Finally...Life begins

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    What do you think

Welcome to Weight-Matters!

Looks the same as cambridge to me! Haven't read it all yet, and sorry if someone has already posted ref this site, but interested to see what you all think?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    It looks very similar. I think I saw it advertised in some magazine over the weekend
    Irene xx

4. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    I just took a look and think it is the Cambridge but promoted slightly differently and I wonder if it is an off-shoot of Cambridge under a different name? Hmm, will ask my CDC about it on Monday.

I can't imagine it can be anything else - even the terminology is very similar 'add a meal' 'ketosis' etc etc... just sounds like they are saying you can have food packs and food (like add a meal or 790 programme) so nothing new there!

Well spotted! I'll keep an eye on that one - lol... you never know... we might find out that Cambridge have re-invented themselves!

5. deesel

deesel Full Member

i heard that the nhs were going to fetch their own out perhaps this is it

6. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Have just tried to register to find out more

7. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hmmmm....Interesting, when i'm at home on my own PC i'll register to find out more. Wonder what the cost is?

xxx

8. punkass

punkass Silver Member

THey have a weekender plan, lose 1 stone per 4 weeks - surely that is normal weightloss for when you stick to it for 7 days though? Gives you 800 cal to eat on a sat and sun.... no fry ups then?!!!

9. The Minx

The Minx Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I 'signed up' on Monday - just to find out what the story was - being a dedicated LL/CDer!

Not heard a thing yet - so definitely not impressed so far.

10. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Me too!

Be sure and let us know what they say, I've only just put my details in, so you'll probably hear before me! Have also asked for a 'consultant pack' lol coz am a nosey so and so :D

Seems to be in between both lighterlife and cd - cost £49.00 plus groups.... pity you cant just put your postcode in and your nearest class would come up...

will keep you informed!

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I signed up too but have heard nothing
    Irene xx

12. Geri

Geri Gold Member

I had an email from them this morning asking for more info - postcode etc.. and then for a username and password, for the website. Havnt heard back yet, and not been activated lol

Maybe they've had lots of enquires which is why they're a bit slow in replying?

13. The Minx

The Minx Member

Start Weight:
    14st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    After chasing up yesterday I have now received a bit more information on the 'new' VLCD company.

They are busy recruiting and training consultants across the UK and have offered one to one consultant support by phone until there is a meeting in my area.

They have supplied forms requiring personal information including medical history (sign off required by GP if certain medical conditions). Once screened and approved you are sent your meal packs and the week one relevant material - as you would receive in a meeting.

Cost is £49 per week (28 food packs). Interesting mix of flavours - amongst others - asparagus or carrot and orange soups and goji berry shake. You can buy 'Make a Mousse' for £6.95.

Not sure if you get bars further down the programme as in LL or CD, so not been sent info on them or if they just aren't offered.

Have not read all the bumph, supposed to be doing the boss' expenses! but couldn't resist a quick read through when the email arrived.

Geri, they did apologise for delay in responding - they have indeed, been inundated!

14. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Ooh thanks for that info Minxy... :p

Think I'll send them an email and hopefuly they'll send me all the info too :D

Will keep you all informed :p

15. ksmiuk

ksmiuk Gold Member

Just recieved my bumph of weight-matters sounds ok how much is CD these days? This is £49 which I think is ok if you get the meeting but not if same as CD x

16. baileysandice

baileysandice Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(19.18%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Hi just seen this thread. Can I ask a few questions, has anyone received thier food packs, what do they taste like? and what flavours do the do? Thanks

17. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm just reading up on it a bit more as I'm not that familiar with it yet :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Um, interesting indeed. I have registered but doubt that there is a consultant here. I'm just a bit in the wilderness as far as CDC support goes and thought that this might provide an interesting alternative.

20. hippy-chick

hippy-chick Member

This is my first post - so be gentle!!!
    I bought some Weight-matters bits from ebay to try before I sign up permanently to either that or LL or CD.
    Problem is I don't how much water to mix in with each sachet - does anyone know?

Thank s so much - and I will keep you all posted with how I do!!

Mel x

21. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Of course. We are lovely here ;) Welcome!
    Well, until someone comes along and tells you the amount, I suggest you mix it with...say...100mls, then just add more until it tastes right. Try to go for 'over' with the water, rather than 'under'.

Hope you find a counsellor soon as EBay isn't really a safe way to go for these types of diets. Best of luck though!

22. Linda1971

Linda1971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(16.39%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The recommended amount of water is 6-7fl oz. How are you getting on? What flavours do you like?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.