New Wetherspoons menu

EmmyLou30

Silver Member
Does anyone know the syn values of two new choices on the Wetherspoons menu I noticed last night?

Humus and roast veg flat bread (comes with salad and only around 500 cal)
5 Bean Chili wrap (comes with chips and around 800cal)

I'm hoping as the usual 5 bean chili is around 600 cal they won't be too far off in terms of syns but I have a feeling I might get a shock :eek:

In the end they were out of stock of the chili and the two new options so I had a side salad instead (no dressing) and then went home for an omlette - I refused to let Wetherspoons lack of stock control make me fall off the wagon! :)

Best option to stick with the chilli and rice (think the syns there are for the tortilla chips!) Steer clear of the others!

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli Wrap per serving

extraeasy.gif
40½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 40½ Syns
green.gif
Green 40½ Syns

D Wetherspoon Houmous & Roasted Vegetable Filled Flatbread per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
25 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 25 Syns
[/FONT]

J D Wetherspoon Five Bean Chilli with Yellow Basmati Rice & Tortilla Chips per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 25½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Crikey, it makes me wonder what on earth Wetherspoons do to their food during preparation to make something as innocuous sounding as a bean wrap into 40 syns. Everything I've heard about them since starting SW has put me right off ever eating there!

I knew to steer clear of everything on the menu except the 5 bean chili (even the jacket potatoes are bad aren't they?). I was hoping for a second option but looks like I'm out of luck! Thanks for those values, I was right, shocking!! :eek:

I went to Wetherspoons at the weekend, before reading this thread, and chose the Thai noodles, as they were low in calories. Does anyone have any idea how many syns they are? :confused:

Back