New WW diet looks a bit familiar....

downsizingmycurves

Silver Member
They've been debating it over on the WW side for a while now and its already in place in many countries.

Thats the 2nd time I've read about this new research of calorie counting vs healthy eating in a week (posted this BBC article the other day: BBC News - Has the calorie had its day? )- both times it has been linked to Weight Watchers and their new pro points plan.

Really think the Slimming World marketing bods should be jumping on this and telling everyone they've been doing it this way for years!

That's a good article. I can see some people switching.....!
I read a WW mag and I must admit, I thought about giving it a try - not for long though, still don't like the idea of weighing everything - pasta, potatoes, chicken etc.
Great that fruit is no longer pointed I think - a good move for WW in my opinion.

I think its brilliant, doesnt matter how we lose the weight as long as we all do!
I didnt like WW due to the fact than on 29 points a day I could eat a mars bar and a bag of crisps and yet still be under points??

Odd, at least now healthier eating will be encouraged.

However I am also sceptical as all the recipe books, calculators, etc etc will now be null and void. And what happens to all the food, m&s pointed stuff etc etc.

Huge change but a good one.

If I am totally honest I'm thinking of joining :eek: As I struggle with EE as don't think I have enough control on my portion control for non super speed food

I had a look at it but only because I feel I've reached a bit of a stalemate with the SW foods and thought I'd shock my body a bit!
Thing is, I love my group and the SW way of eating, I've done it for so long now I don't think I could leave.

I'm the same jaylou I kept struggling & now have a big trip to aim for in 11 weeks so need that boost. I am awa for so long that I am going have to rejoin SW anyway when I get back so maybe the time is right

jo1 said:
Funny that! still have to count points though :rolleyes: so still not as good as EE :D

Doesn't make it not as good just makes it different. If people are doing WW then the points counting thing isn't a problem. It's one of the attractions.

What I dont understand is why the media are selling this as a new 'healthy' plan. WW have actively promoted healthy eating for years. In fact their current plan is all about choosing filling foods like pasta etc so that element is absolutely nothing new. Contrary to popular belief WW isn't all about convenience food.

The one absolutely massive plus mind you has to be that fruit is free. That's the one thing I missed when I went back to WW after my brief trial of SW

Yea my consultant mentioned it this week x lol she was so childish about it calling them copycats xx

To be fair, I can see her point. It seems to me that SW have done very well through Extra Easy as its a healthy eating plan and not a diet.

I wonder how the profits look for each company over the last few years.

I was looking at the figures for SW v WW classes. I think SW have increased their class figures a fair bit, sure there was more of a difference before, with WW having a fair few more but could be totally wrong.

Our consultant said that SW has increased it's membership numbers substantially over the last two years, which I'm guessing is roughly when EE was launched.

I was looking at the figures for SW v WW classes. I think SW have increased their class figures a fair bit, sure there was more of a difference before, with WW having a fair few more but could be totally wrong.

Our consultant said that SW has increased it's membership numbers substantially over the last two years, which I'm guessing is roughly when EE was launched.

Yes the info that I got from a consultants event a few weeks back was that SW now run 6500 classes weekly so yes they have increased their numbers.

I think this 'new' plan is a bit naughty of WW but it clearly shows that even they think Extra Easy is a great plan for sucess.:)

Yes the info that I got from a consultants event a few weeks back was that SW now run 6500 classes weekly so yes they have increased their numbers.

I think this 'new' plan is a bit naughty of WW but it clearly shows that even they think Extra Easy is a great plan for sucess.:)

The new WW is plan is NOTHING to do with EE at all. :mad:

The current WW plan, like SW focusses on healthy eating, cooking from scratch and eating 'filling foods' like pasta, rice etc and encouraging sensible choices in your point allocation.

The new plan is working the points out differently to the old way but still has the same principles its had for years!

The new WW is plan is NOTHING to do with EE at all. :mad:

The current WW plan, like SW focusses on healthy eating, cooking from scratch and eating 'filling foods' like pasta, rice etc and encouraging sensible choices in your point allocation.

The new plan is working the points out differently to the old way but still has the same principles its had for years!

I disagree and many of the comments under the article do too.

It looks just like a WW branded version of Extra Easy.

Back