New year, new Jane!

Well we still don't know about my husbands job so feel a bit like we have been left in limbo. I am finding it hard to stick to plan today and have gone over my Syns allowance.

B - Weetabix 2 + mullerlight+ nectarine

S - Apple + 2 satsumas

L - Potatoe and veg bake + ham + Gravy (2syns)

S - Apple, Satin crunch (4 syns)

Vodka + diet coke = 12 syns

D - Beef, cauliflower, green beans , potato and veg bake and gravy (3syns)
Mullerlight and pear

Total syns - 21:eek:

Can't seem to stay in control today.
Never mind tomorrow is another day!

Still finding it hard to stay in control. I was looking for my lunch at 11am! Anyway managed to hold out until 12.30.

B - weetabix x 2 + mullerlight and pear

S - 4 sula vanilla mints (1 syn) + 2 satsumas

L - curried rice, chicken and tomatoes

S - yogurt

D - SW chips, fried eggs(with fry light) Baked beans and tomatoes

Thats the plan anyway! Also plan to have vodka and diet coke x 2(12 syns) while I watch the X Faxtor.

Unfortunatly went over my syns allowance today again as I had (4syns) worth of Rainbow Drops which takes my syns total to 17! Will have to do better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Trying to be more controlled today as my weigh in is on Tuesday night. Think that it will be my last SW class and will then weigh at home. Anyway todays diary.

B - 42grms All bran + mullerlight + banana

S - 2 satsumas + 4 sula sugar free mints (1syn)

L - Potato+ chickpea dhal + apple

Plan for dinner is Beef stew, cauliflower, carrots, leeks and SW roast potatoes. Gravy - (3syns)
Mullerlight+ strawberrys
possibly alpen light bar (3 syns)

Well can't see much change on the scales but who knows what can happen in 24hrs! Feel exhausted today. Bad nights sleep and too much going on. Never mind, anyway on to todays food diary.

B - Weetabix x 2 + pear + mullerlight

S - apple

L - Savoury rice, chicken and tomato

S- apple

D - Quorn sausages, potato, carrots, cauliflower and gravy (3 syns)
Mullerlight + peach - well thats the plan anyway)

12 tic tacs - (1 syn)
Velvet crunch - (4 syns)
bit nervous about weigh in, will have to run to work in the morning!

what a shame you still dont know about your hubbys job yet, its terrible to keep him hanging on.
good luck for weigh in tomorrow night im sure you'll do well x

Thanks Jane. Lost 1lb. Feel a bit sad as it was my last time at class - at least for the time being, but I am really pleased to have found minimins. I always feel encouraged after visiting the site. Well onto todays diary.

B - Mullerlight + pear+peach

S - apple + alpen bar

L- 2 quorn sausages, potato and mixed vegetables

D - spicy chicken, rice And ?peas

Not sure about the rest but will fill it in later.

Well I had a dreadful day yesterday. I spent all day wanting to put something in my mouth and ended up scoffing at least 30 Syns:eek: when I arrived home from work I was like a women possessed and nothing healthy would do! 3 packets of velvet crunch, 2 alpen bars and 2 double vodkas and diet coke later I was feeling ashamed of myself.:eek: Well they say that confession is good for the soul!
Today has been better but i still feel a bit shaky.
Anyway todays food diary

B- Weetabix 2+ pear+mullerlight
S - apple
L - potato, cottage cheese, beetroot and tomatos
D - Mashed potato(1) liver and lean bacon, peas and carrots
Mullerlight and pear

Hope that I will feel more motivated tomorrow.

I have got today and Monday off tacked onto the weekend and I have been fighting temptation all day. Anyway heres todays diary.

B - 42grms allbran, mullerlight and pear

S - Mandarin

L - Baked potato, baked beans and tomato
Activia yog

S - Apple and banana

D - Stuffed peppers with rice and chicken and broad beans

Mullerlight and pear

12 tic tacs - 1 syn
Velvet crunch - 4 syns
Will probably have an alpen light bar which will take my total syns to 8

temptation is a nightmare lol but i think you did really well to stop at 30 syns as ive seen myself eating a lot more than that and finding it hard to be able to pull it back but its very acheivable for you to still have a loss this week 39 syns is just 2 days syns out of a whole week, youve had a great day today and well on track to pulling back your 30 syns you CAN do it:)

Thanks Jane, can't say that today has been brilliant. We went to Herefordshire Food Festival today and saw the Hairy Bikers cooking. It was lovely but found it very hard to resist the free food samples. I made it past the food but did try some of the alchoholic samples, although they were very small amounts. I had a healthy lunch but have gone off the rails a bit since I got home. Anyway here is my diary for today.

B - weetabix 2 + pear and mullerlight

L - Baked potato and baked beans

S - Velvet crunch X 2:eek:, Apple

Planned D - Brown rice+peas and SW Chicken curry
Mullerlight and peach

Sula vanilla mints 4 = 1syn
Vodka+ diet coke= 6syns
Velvet crunchx2= 8syns
+ samples at food festival ? 4 syns
I think that it might be better if I stop buying velvet crunch!
Well I don't deserve to lose anything this week. I have another day at home tomorrow and I hope that I can get my self control back again.

Not sure I want to go getting hooked on a new naughty food but what is velvet crunch?

My thing at the moment seems to be those chocolate kellogs fibre bars. There's not enough healthy B's in the day to stretch to how many of them I want to eat ;)

Hi Emmylou, thanks for popping in. Velvet crunch are a bit like quavers but crunchier. They come in 2 flavors, sweet chilli and Cheddar cheese and spring onion, the latter being my absolute favorite They are made out of tapioca flour and cassava. I have to confess that this is the first time I have looked at the ingredients and have no idea what cassava is other than the fact that it is a plant produced in Brazil and is low carbohydrate. Anyway I have seen them in many of the main supermarkets and Aldi sell their own version called Satin Crunch and they taste even better. I have to also admit to munching my way through a packet while writing this!:eek: I can't be trusted.
Well for todays diary

B - Weetabix 2+ mullerlight and pear

S - apple, mandarin

L - Baked potato, tinned tuna, onion, beetroot, Tomatoes and Hellmans extra light (1/2 syn)
Mullerlight yoghurt

Disastrous afternoon! 2xAlpen lights(6syns) and Velvet crunch(4syns)
4 sula vanilla mints(1 syn)

Planned D - Quorn sausages, carrots and cauliflower

Think I had better draw a line under the last week. New week tomorrow as it is weigh-in day.

Might have to give them a go....I'll just buy one packet to start though incase I get hooked :) My weighing scales addiction is enough to be getting on with!

Probably the best move Emmylou! I don't know why I continue to buy them as they are the first thing I go for when I have an attack of the munchies, well that and the Alpen lights! I need a dose of motivation at the moment. X

Well STS this week. Can't say that I am surprised! Need to get focused again. Anyway food diary for today.

B - Weetabix2+pear+mullerlight

S- Apple and clementines2

L - Quorn sausagesx2, potatoe bake, carrots, onions,cauliflower and gravy (?3syns)

S - Apple

D- Lean mince, Gravy (?3syns), cauliflower, carrots and potato bake
Mullerlight and frozen fruit

Sula vanilla mintsx4= 1Syn
and possible alpen light bar=3syns
Total syns=10

Woke up feeling more positive today and decided that I need to look at some new slimming world recipes. Anyway onto todays food diary.

B - Weetabix 2 + pear and mullerlight

S - Banana+2 mandarins

L - Potato bake, lean minced beef, Gravy(3syns), potato and green beans

D - Pasta, SW tomato sauce, lean bacon, peas and green beans.
Mullerlight and fruit

Sula vanilla mints - (1 Syn)
Alpen bar - (3syns)

Hoping for another 100% day!

Well fell of the wagon a bit last night and scoffed 2 packets of velvet crunch:eek: They were the last in the packet so I will have to stop buying them as I am out of control when I have them in the house.It still only took me to 15 syns but I wanted to stick to about 10syns during the week. Ah well fresh start today.

B - Allbran 42grms + mullerlight and yogurt.

S - apple and mandarinsx2

L - pasta, SW tomatoe sauce with lean bacon, peas and beans.

S - Apple

Planned dinner - Lentil dhal, rice, peas and carrots
Mullerlight and fruit

will post syns later

You and your velvet cruch :) So long as you enjoy the syns and count them, no harm done. I kick myself when I've had syns I realise afterwards weren't that enjoyable :(

Ended up having double vodka and diet coke x 2 last night. My husband heard yesterday that he hadn't got a job that he had applied for so we drowned our sorrows unfortunatly.

B - Weetabix x2, mullerlight and pear

S - Mandarin

L - Chick peal dhal and leftover rice/potato

D - Baked potato, tinned tuna, onions, tomatos,Beetroot and tbs of Hellmans extra light.(1/2 syn)

Double vodka & diet coke = (12syns)
6 tictacs - (1/2 syn)
Total syns= 12

Last edited:
Why do weekends always go so fast? today has flown as usual. Saw my sister-in-law today and was amazed at how good she looked. She has also been following slimming world and has lost 2.5st. Havn't seen her for ages so I really saw a difference. As usual I have had an EE day.

B- Weetabix X 1, pear and mullerlight

S - Mandarin x2

L - Homemade vegetable soup, scan bran x2 and chicken breast

S - Mandarin x 2

D - Plan to have SW chips, fried eggx2, baked beans and tomatoes
Mullerlight and strawberries

Double vodka and diet coke = 12 syns
2 sula vanilla mints = 1/2 syn
Total= 121/2 syns

Last edited:
Back